Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Navalpride33

New Years, the song we know little about

4 comments in this topic

[WORX]
Members
11,357 posts
19,064 battles

Ever wondered about that song that travels the world, around 24 time zones, unite a bunch of strangers in harmony?
I I found this informative video about the song it self. Who would've imagine, a song based on a tempo of 2/4 time, would have such a powerful feeling regardless of where you are.

For hose of us with health problems consider this a huge achievement. Staying alive is a full time job all by itself.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Members
1,526 posts
11,475 battles

Auld Langsyne means 'old times sake'---as in 'for old times sake.' Written by Robert Burns, Scotlands greatest poet...and I didn't even need to wikipedia it, being born there. If you get a chance, check out some of his other works; 'Tam O'Shanter' and 'My love is like a red, red rose.'

Alpha Tester
6,509 posts
3,304 battles
3 hours ago, _Rumple_ said:

Auld Langsyne means 'old times sake'---as in 'for old times sake.' Written by Robert Burns, Scotlands greatest poet...and I didn't even need to wikipedia it, being born there. If you get a chance, check out some of his other works; 'Tam O'Shanter' and 'My love is like a red, red rose.'

Tam O'Shanter inspired the name of this beautiful ship, specifically the part where the drunk protagonist leers at a witch wearing a scanty piece of underwear known as a 'cutty sark'.

20170415_120305.thumb.jpg.1922dfb0edb61af5ee293b5111a34b26.jpg

Also, "Auld Lang Syne" literally translated means "old long ago".

Members
1,526 posts
11,475 battles

Have an aunt who will recite Tam O 'Shanter word for word from memory(pretty good for someone in their late seventies), particularly after a few good drinks in her...good stuff, both the poem and of course, the drinks.

Sign in to follow this