You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sumseaman

Thankyou WG! I now feel more a part of my team in a CV.

28 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,277 battles

Big thumbs up to the rework. I feel so much more integrated with the other ship classes and not this supposed omnipresent freak thing that appears occasionally that is abused in chat. I will also love to see aircraft as an ever present theme in battles. It's fun. Just so much fun. I don't want the big numbers or to hammer individual players by knowledge of in game mechanics. Hopefully the carrier will now just become just another ship not one that draws a disgruntled groan. 

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[TARK]
Members
4,087 posts
1,616 battles
8 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Big thumbs up to the rework. I feel so much more integrated with the other ship classes and not this supposed omnipresent freak thing that appears occasionally that is abused in chat. I will also love to see aircraft as an ever present theme in battles. It's fun. Just so much fun. I don't want the big numbers or to hammer individual players by knowledge of in game mechanics. Hopefully the carrier will now just become just another ship not one that draws a disgruntled groan. 

Blah blah corporate line.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,452 posts
8,466 battles
6 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Blah blah Noob line

[P-V-E]
Members
1,346 posts
11 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

38 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

**snip**.

Also, blah blah corporate line.

43 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Still wrong...

57 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Blah blah corporate line...with added unverified claim.

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Yeah yeah, WG corporate line...blah blah blah.

**snip**

1wtdvy.jpg

[SALVO]
Members
22,909 posts
23,457 battles
1 hour ago, Sumseaman said:

OK, you like the rework.  You're entitled to your opinion.  I'm not a heavy CV player and have watched the videos and will withhold my judgment until the rework's release.  I will say though that most players would like to get big damage numbers in any ship they play. 

Furthermore, good players are good in part because they actually bothered to learn the game mechanics.  There's no shame in learning the game mechanics.  If anything, the shame lies in not learning those mechanics and being ignorant of them.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 2

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,277 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

OK, you like the rework.  You're entitled to your opinion.  I'm not a heavy CV player and have watched the videos and withhold my judgment until the rework's release.  I will say thought that most players would like to get big damage numbers in any ship they play. 

Furthermore, good players are good in part because they actually bothered to learn the game mechanics.  There's no shame in learning the game mechanics.  If anything, the shame lies in not learning those mechanics and being ignorant of them.

Oh I agree. Knowledge of game mechanics and how best to utilise is great for the game. Just saying that it sometimes seems players want the damage numbers and not the victory. Destroyers may get low damage numbers but can be advantageous with the spotting and other types of damage integration. CVs seem to be fortunately going that way. Just enjoy the team oriented approach carriers seem to be headed.

[CMFRT]
Members
10,244 posts

Really?  Because in the old interface, I felt integrated with the entire battle.  In the new interface, I feel like I'm just off doing my own thing, flying around in planes with a narrow little FOV and no real connection to what's going on other than what I want to shoot next, while everyone else is down there doing ship stuff. 

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,277 battles
6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Really?  Because in the old interface, I felt integrated with the entire battle.  In the new interface, I feel like I'm just off doing my own thing, flying around in planes with a narrow little FOV and no real connection to what's going on other than what I want to shoot next, while everyone else is down there doing ship stuff. 

Yeah that is it exactly. Carriers now feel like a ship that have less of an impact. Perhaps players now feel that they have less of a responsibility. More enjoyable really. 

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,909 posts
23,457 battles
8 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Except, Killjoy, the OP said that he felt more integrated as part of the team, not more integrated with the entire battle.  

[GWG]
Supertester
22,784 posts
12,774 battles

I think that the team feeling is about the same with both systems but what I don't miss is the rubbing your stomach while patting your head all while juggling live hand grenades feel of the old system.

Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles

To the right, all of our high tier BBs are sailing around the outer edge of the map, behind the islands. Of our cruisers half have been deleted,  half are currently fighting the entire enemy team alone. Our DDs have given up on the caps, of which the enemy now has full control of, and are now trying to catch the enemy CV.

As my ship rams itself into an island, my squadron flies in circles, missing every bomb dropped.

I think to myself: ‘This is finally WoWs. Never have I been in such harmony with my team.’

Edited by Gavroche_
  • Funny 3

[RLGN]
Members
12,019 posts
21,526 battles
45 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Yeah that is it exactly. Carriers now feel like a ship that have less of an impact. Perhaps players now feel that they have less of a responsibility. More enjoyable really. 

Less impact is exactly right; just like all those crying about OP carriers wanted, (not that I disagree about the OP part,) unless of course you’re one of those I’ve heard are already two-carrier divisioning with themselves, or a unicum by another stripe under the new system, who will land repeated attacks and avoid AA like it’s nothing, while lesser skilled players struggle to land 1-2 attacks before AA wipes their squad...

41 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Except, Killjoy, the OP said that he felt more integrated as part of the team, not more integrated with the entire battle.  

Except Crucis, integrated with the entire battle, to me, has always been the point of carriers; watching the entire battlefield for their team, and acting where it will help the most.

I manage a carrier, but drive a ship.

’a part of the team,’

Tell that to the carrier when their ‘team’ is pitched into their own battles and either don’t notice, or choose not to care when some Red gets by a decides to shred that cardboard box masquerading as a carrier.

I see that with the current system, what reason is there that I should expect it to change?

33 minutes ago, Gavroche_ said:

To the right, all of our high tier BBs are sailing around the outer edge of the map, behind the islands. Of our cruisers half have been deleted,  half are currently fighting the entire enemy team alone. Our DDs have given up on the caps, of which the enemy now has full control of, and are now trying to catch the enemy CV.

As my ship rams itself into an island, my squadron flies in circles, missing every bomb dropped.

Never have I been in such harmony with my team.

lol, so true; especially since the divebomber reticle is a screwed up joke the disappears under your plane right when you need to be able to see it to make an attack.

39 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I think that the team feeling is about the same with both systems but what I don't miss is the rubbing your stomach while patting your head all while juggling live hand grenades feel of the old system.

Apparently I’m one of those who can juggle at least a few grenades, (never could get the hang of high tier IJN except in Co-op,) and within my own, self-imposed limits, never felt carriers were actually that difficult to use...

...but I suppose that also comes from using them for nearly three years, (Jan-Feb, 2016,) and through 4,200+ total battles in Randoms, Co-op, Ranked, and Operations.

As I’ve said in other threads; favorite and most-played ship at 1,000+ battles total is Bogue...

...golly gee; whatever reason might I have for being upset, whatever form the rework would have taken.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 2

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,277 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't miss the juggling either! I can do it but if I want stress I'll look for it at work.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
Members
10,244 posts

Subjective, but, I find the new interface far more stressful, and to have more of a "rub belly pat head perform surgery" feeling than the old interface ever did.  The manual control is janky and the aiming is very counter-intuitive.

[SOV]
Members
2,946 posts
5 hours ago, Sumseaman said:

I get what your saying. As a cv player you show up everyone hates you including your own team. I have had team.menter sink me not attack dd because they hate cv. Now everyone gets ther cv rework everyone should be happy. They go what they wanted cv changed!

Now we all get toive in peace and harmony!:)

Be careful what you wish for because you might get it!

[SOV]
Members
2,946 posts
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Less impact is exactly right; just like all those crying about OP carriers wanted, (not that I disagree about the OP part,) unless of course you’re one of those I’ve heard are already two-carrier divisioning with themselves, or a unicum by another stripe under the new system, who will land repeated attacks and avoid AA like it’s nothing, while lesser skilled players struggle to land 1-2 attacks before AA wipes their squad...

Except Crucis, integrated with the entire battle, to me, has always been the point of carriers; watching the entire battlefield for their team, and acting where it will help the most.

I manage a carrier, but drive a ship.

’a part of the team,’

Tell that to the carrier when their ‘team’ is pitched into their own battles and either don’t notice, or choose not to care when some Red gets by a decides to shred that cardboard box masquerading as a carrier.

I see that with the current system, what reason is there that I should expect it to change?

lol, so true; especially since the divebomber reticle is a screwed up joke the disappears under your plane right when you need to be able to see it to make an attack.

Apparently I’m one of those who can juggle at least a few grenades, (never could get the hang of high tier IJN except in Co-op,) and within my own, self-imposed limits, never felt carriers were actually that difficult to use...

...but I suppose that also comes from using them for nearly three years, (Jan-Feb, 2016,) and through 4,200+ total battles in Randoms, Co-op, Ranked, and Operations.

As I’ve said in other threads; favorite and most-played ship at 1,000+ battles total is Bogue...

...golly gee; whatever reason might I have for being upset, whatever form the rework would have taken.

What!!#$:@:$ you can't do more than one thing at a time!!! Stop the presses WG has atated that people cant do that! 

You are a god amount mere mortal Sir. I salute you!!!

Yea the idea that we are to stupid to work cv is making me thing WG is becoming EA

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
2,946 posts
3 hours ago, Gavroche_ said:

I think to myself: ‘This is finally WoWs. Never have I been in such harmony with my team.’

The baled of the WOW players! I salute thee...

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,277 battles

Have to say also I love the new models. The armament looks great. The tiny tims seem to be for larger classes only. 

[SOV]
Members
2,946 posts

Have to say also I love the new models. The armament looks great. The tiny tims seem to be for larger classes only. 

The f4u is my fab plane ever so I am hoping the lex is great because I want my f4u

Members
4,156 posts
15,647 battles
5 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

In the new interface, I feel like I'm just off doing my own thing, flying around in planes with a narrow little FOV and no real connection to what's going on other than what I want to shoot next, while everyone else is down there doing ship stuff.

There's a solution for that pard; Drive a ship instead of a CV. Why there's even 3, yes, 3 classes to choose from! Aint that dandy?  :Smile-_tongue: