You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CraftsyDad

Team Killers

30 comments in this topic

Members
123 posts
5,721 battles

Twice today I was fired upon by my team mates and in one match killed. What are Wargaming doing about this???

Edited by CraftsyDad
names

Members
123 posts
5,721 battles

I've had accidental torp hits before - occupational hazard for DDs - but when someone opens fire on you for not following their advice, thats all together different

[BTD]
Members
294 posts
11,298 battles
Just now, CraftsyDad said:

its not much of a penalty is it if people still do it

So you are telling me that player always does this?  Cmon man.  It could have been an accident.  And if they keep doing it they turn orange and can only play coop for a while.  like really?

[BTD]
Members
294 posts
11,298 battles
1 minute ago, CraftsyDad said:

I've had accidental torp hits before - occupational hazard for DDs - but when someone opens fire on you for not following their advice, thats all together different

I'd just say move on and play another battle.  If that guy keeps doing it he will get more and more time added and become orange.  But I don't think this is some major issue right now

Members
3,143 posts
584 battles
4 minutes ago, CraftsyDad said:

then you should follow their advice...

yHKbBAr.gif

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,217 battles

@CraftsyDad What you do about it is the in game report unsporting behavior and when the battle is over report them by name in a support ticket with replay for rules violation Rigged Battle. Since they are in effect rigging/throwing the battle in favor of the opponents by damaging/sinking an ally. Yes the automated system turns one pink for a few battles but does nothing more unless the behavior is persistent and frequent. 

Reporting is quite simple.

Player name.  Player did willfully with malice aforethought intentionally fire upon and damage/sink an ally/allies when said allies did not/could do exactly as he commanded. This is a blatant attempt to rig/throw the battle in favor of the opponents. I demand the players account be suspended or revoked as such grievous unsporting conduct is not welcome in the WoWs community.

• Cool 1

Members
123 posts
5,721 battles
31 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

then you should follow their advice...

yHKbBAr.gif

I hope you're as gracious in your opinions when someone on your own team citadels you

Members
123 posts
5,721 battles
19 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Short answer: Nothing.

Long answer: Yea... Nothing.

this is kinda what I suspect.

[PVE]
Members
6,947 posts
22,728 battles
54 minutes ago, CraftsyDad said:

What are Wargaming doing about this

Same thing they always do...let the automatic system deal w/it...the question is "What are you doing"?

Why are you wasting your time coming to the forums asking about something you obviously know the answer to w/that many games under your belt? Next battle...move on.

BTW...name & shame is against the forum rules & can get you temporarily forum banned on top of being team killed...you'll wanna block out that players name there or you will find out real soon what WG does about that the hard way (w/only 11 posts I can see why you might not know about that 1...but it is a thing). If you really wanna report the person you need to send in a support ticket to WG about it but it's a no-no to name & shame like that.

Edit: I did notice you managed to take top of the team despite his disagreements w/your game play & early removal on account of the team kill.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Boring 1

Members
123 posts
5,721 battles
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Same thing they always do...let the automatic system deal w/it...the question is "What are you doing"?

Why are you wasting your time coming to the forums asking about something you obviously know the answer to w/that many games under your belt? Next battle...move on.

BTW...name & shame is against the forum rules & can get you temporarily forum banned on top of being team killed...you'll wanna block out that players name there or you will find out real soon what WG does about that the hard way (w/only 11 posts I can see why you might not know about that 1...but it is a thing). If you really wanna report the person you need to send in a support ticket to WG about it but it's a no-no to name & shame like that.

just took the photos down

[PVE]
Members
6,947 posts
22,728 battles
1 minute ago, CraftsyDad said:

thanks for the feedback. Appreciated

NP

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
1 hour ago, CraftsyDad said:

Twice today I was fired upon by my team mates and in one match killed. What are Wargaming doing about this???

EDIT - Name and shame pictures removed per request

You'll probably be getting a warning from the mods now. Hope it was worth it.

Edited by 1SneakyDevil

[SALVO]
Members
25,512 posts
27,502 battles

One thing that you can do, though there's no guarantee of any results, is to report the person to his clan commander.  And it'd be best to have a replay to sent that clan commander, maybe by sending him a PM with the replay as an attachment.  There's no guarantee that the Clan CO will watch it or do anything, but they sometimes do.  (Of course, if the offender is also the Clan Commander, then don't even bother.)  If the offender's clan commander takes this sort of thing seriously, he might even kick the offender from the clan.

[SALVO]
Members
25,512 posts
27,502 battles
2 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

You'll probably be getting a warning from the mods now. Hope it was worth it.

Sneaky, the OP removed the images.  Might I suggest that you do as well?

Honestly, I never include offending name and shame images in replies, because from my perspective, I would have made myself also guilty of naming and shaming by including those images in any reply of mine.

• Cool 1

Members
123 posts
5,721 battles

I am perhaps guilty of underestimating how drunk people are playing WOWs today; it is New Years Eve after all. A lot of the streamers on Twitch seem loaded.

<as I down a wee dram of Scottish Whiskey>

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,191 posts
14,756 battles
1 hour ago, CraftsyDad said:

Since the current system was put in I have seem very little team damage on purpose, the last was as a turkey captain, with most being bad firing choices. If people are unwilling to learn to look before firing eventually they will be banned to co-op and if they keep getting banned to co-op after clearing themselves will eventually be given the gate.