You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EvelIntent

CV rework as of now is a JOKE

88 comments in this topic

[O-PN]
Members
78 posts
6,293 battles

After many games on the test server there are a few or many things I have noticed. The Carriers do not have any punishment in any way. They don't lose any of there planes it seems like they have a infinite amount of squadrons to just freely waste. You can drop your ammo 3 times and rite when you are done the last drop you can just have another squadron up in the air in seconds and that rite there is a joke honestly. The Aircraft carriers have no punishments at all. They have the best AA in the game on the PTS and that is just crazy. The things are way to over powered and specially at the lower tiers 4 and 6 because the enemy ships have no way of defending them selves at all. So as of rite now them low tier CV's would make so many new people coming to WoWs not even want to waste there time with the game after running into these low tier carriers. Now when you are playing anything else but a carrier you can not notice the torpedoes that are shot coming towards you until the last second it seems like, they are not to visible like the live version of the game.                                                                                                                                                                        Now with the AA problem on everything else but the CV's this seems so weak its not even funny. When a squadron of planes comes to drop torps or bombs and or missiles on your ship you end up having no protection what so ever. You cant even mess up the dispersion of them while they are dropping the ammo onto you like it use to be before. Now the way it was before there where ships that your carrier didn't or shouldn't go after because then your squadron would just be disintegrated deleted from just going near or even flying over these ships. As of now on the PTS hell I wouldn't even be nervous to fly over any type of ship at all and not worry about dropping every single bomb on the ship because I could do it with eas and not have to worry about losing my squadrons because I would have infinite amounts of planes it seems like so there was no punishment in any of the game play. There was no counter for a ship that wasn't a CV...…… All I know is that this rite here is gonna drive players away from the game for sure so get ready WG for a loss if you let this kind of stuff out.                                                                                                                                         Also I think the people at WG should be taking way more time then this to be figuring this CV rework out because they are moving at a super fast pace on this and its gonna make such a dent in the game that its not even funny. They need to rethink this whole thing over and over and take a lot more time to do this project. Even though something need to be done with the CV's for a change to the class but not like this and this fast. So hope it doesn't ruin the gamming experience for new players or anybody else but it still needs a lot of work and I bet we will see fixes along the way in the next few months after they drop it.

Edited by B_A_Problem
  • Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

[BTD]
Members
294 posts
11,248 battles

CV needs to go live to really see everything but no punishments?  I mean I don't like CV but there are some things that are gone.  Like you cant just WASD while you fly planes.  So you can just get killed as you sit there or whatever.  The consumables are auto so what if you get a fire then 15 sec later get a flood or something.  you don't have that control.  They lost some stuff but it will take live games to really see what needs to be fixed.  And im sure they will once things get noticed

[GWG]
Supertester
22,889 posts
12,800 battles
Just now, B_A_Problem said:

After many games on the test server there are a few or many things I have noticed. The Carriers do not have any punishment in any way. They don't lose any of there planes it seems like they have a infinite amount of squadrons to just freely waste. You can drop your ammo 3 times and rite when you are done the last drop you can just have another squadron up in the air in seconds and that rite there is a joke honestly. The Aircraft carriers have no punishments at all. They have the best AA in the game on the PTS and that is just crazy. The things are way to over powered and specially at the lower tiers 4 and 6 because the enemy ships have no way of defending them selves at all. So as of rite now them low tier CV's would make so many new people coming to WoWs not even want to waste there time with the game after running into these low tier carriers. Now when you are playing anything else but a carrier you can not notice the torpedoes that are shot coming towards you until the last second it seems like, they are not to visible like the live version of the game. Now with the AA problem on everything else but the CV's this seems so weak its not even funny. When a squadron of planes comes to drop torps or bombs and or missiles on your ship you end up having no protection what so ever. You cant even mess up the dispersion of them while they are dropping the ammo onto you like it use to be before. Now the way it was before there where ships that your carrier didn't or shouldn't go after because then your squadron would just be disintegrated deleted from just going near or even flying over these ships. As of now on the PTS hell I wouldn't even be nervous to fly over any type of ship at all and not worry about dropping every single bomb on the ship because I could do it with eas and not have to worry about losing my squadrons because I would have infinite amounts of planes it seems like so there was no punishment in any of the game play. There was no counter for a ship that wasn't a CV...…… All I know is that this rite here is gonna drive players away from the game for sure so get ready WG for a loss if you let this kind of stuff out. Also I think the people at WG should be taking way more time then this to be figuring this CV rework out because they are moving at a super fast pace on this and its gonna make such a dent in the game that its not even funny. They need to rethink this whole thing over and over and take a lot more time to do this project. Even though something need to be done with the CV's for a change to the class but not like this and this fast. So hope it doesn't ruin the gamming experience for new players or anybody else but it still needs a lot of work and I bet we will see fixes along the way in the next few months after they drop it.

At one squadron in the air at one time how many sorties, squadron launches, are you getting off in comparison to the current CV's? I am going to bet that the numbers are not far off from each other. I am guessing that the plane limits were removed because they have almost zero impact on the better players so this is really a very small buff for the better players and a much bigger buff for the lesser players.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,265 posts
6,211 battles

The idea that a carrier can sit far back hidden, and send endless squadrons to farm damage is absurd lets face it.  The rework is a PVE mini-game (inside a PVP game) that will do nothing but annoy and unbalance the match.  I stopped spending money on this game and think this is going to be very bad for the game.  Clan battles now, without carriers, is perfect.   That is why I keep playing. 

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[GWG]
Supertester
22,889 posts
12,800 battles
38 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

The idea that a carrier can sit far back hidden, and send endless squadrons to farm damage is absurd lets face it.  The rework is a PVE mini-game (inside a PVP game) that will do nothing but annoy and unbalance the match.  I stopped spending money on this game and think this is going to be very bad for the game.  Clan battles now, without carriers, is perfect.   That is why I keep playing. 

Beside your having no experience with the current system it is a single squadron up at a time and it takes several passes to use the ordnance up and even without the return trip the number of squadrons that can be launched in a match is still limited.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,265 posts
6,211 battles

I played the beta test and public test, what do you mean?  My point is I was able to make 2 or 3 passes and never run out of squadrons.  Did not take long for me to realize I was playing against the AI of the game and not really playing PVP. 

• Cool 1

[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,127 posts
3,865 battles

Sinking a CV isn't required to "punish it." You punish it by shooting down it's planes and make it ineffective.

[GWG]
Supertester
22,889 posts
12,800 battles
19 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

I played the beta test and public test, what do you mean?  My point is I was able to make 2 or 3 passes and never run out of squadrons.  Did not take long for me to realize I was playing against the AI of the game and not really playing PVP. 

I thought you were comparing the new system to the current system, my bad. What tiers? Tier 4 AA is a joke but it always has been with a few exceptions. Tier 6 is a lot stronger, tier 8 is stronger than tier 6, and tier 10 is stronger yet. Losing planes becomes more and more common as you go up the tiers with either system.

[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
36 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Sinking a CV isn't required to "punish it." You punish it by shooting down it's planes and make it ineffective.

See the latest video about ineffective AA from from DD's... Notser I think or Zoup.

Lets just say that in order to shoot down the planes... well, you have to shoot down the planes. Even will the reworked commander perks... no kills.

[RNF]
Beta Testers
419 posts
6,377 battles
12 hours ago, Madwolf05 said:

There's pretty much only one ship in the game that can destroy those aircraft, and that's the worcester.
Dallas, Baltimore, Gearing, Fletcher, Benson, etc. Any prominent US cruiser before tier 10 is woefully unable to shoot down planes.

The AA is a joke right now. Too limited in range, the skills that affect them are way too weak, the modules that affect them are way too weak.

Beta Testers
1,255 posts
6,244 battles
18 hours ago, Madwolf05 said:

Expect almost no one can do that, even properly built AA CAs can not defend themselves let along their team mates...

[REVY]
Members
402 posts
7,031 battles
21 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

See the latest video about ineffective AA from from DD's...

As someone with Midway and Hakuryu I can assure you that DD's never threatened aircraft. Ever.

From what little playing around I've done it seems that AA coverage requires groups. Which is realistically no different from what it is now ironically, it's just people are too dense to change their playstyle when they see a carrier. I found fairly consistently that a group of three or more causes problems for aircraft - especially if one of those is a CL. Most CA's have aircraft of their own which also causes massive problems.

Edited by KelesK

[GWG]
Supertester
22,889 posts
12,800 battles
35 minutes ago, KelesK said:

As someone with Midway and Hakuryu I can assure you that DD's never threatened aircraft. Ever.

From what little playing around I've done it seems that AA coverage requires groups. Which is realistically no different from what it is now ironically, it's just people are too dense to change their playstyle when they see a carrier. I found fairly consistently that a group of three or more causes problems for aircraft - especially if one of those is a CL. Most CA's have aircraft of their own which also causes massive problems.

Yeah, I bought the Hakuryu out of the Arsenal and found that one ship no matter how good the AA was not a huge threat but bring in another ship or two and the area gets dangerous very quickly.

[REVY]
Members
402 posts
7,031 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Yeah, I bought the Hakuryu out of the Arsenal and found that one ship no matter how good the AA was not a huge threat but bring in another ship or two and the area gets dangerous very quickly.

The minimum is three cruisers/battleships. Anything over that and it is as you say. Throw in a Minotaur or Worcester and things get quite bleak. The only single vessel I found which seems to do okay on it's own is the Conqueror. It certainly can't clear the sky alone but it does do damage.

I try to keep quiet about the numbers because there's a lot of ignorant folks around who just don't want to change their strategies around CV's and they make for nice easy targets. Plus the rage is good value.

[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,127 posts
3,865 battles
26 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

But remember you're flying over bots with 0 modules or captains.

Members
119 posts
527 battles

tbh i think wargaming is trying to force teamplay
but its completely fecking itself over when AA itself doesn't see to be effective as it is currently on live
i mean come on
being forced to rely on your allies support when a carrier is in play promotes an extremely defensive playstyle where you have players literally sitting right on top of each other

[REVY]
Members
402 posts
7,031 battles
11 minutes ago, _Iku said:

but its completely fecking itself over when AA itself doesn't see to be effective as it is currently on live
 i mean come on
 being forced to rely on your allies support when a carrier is in play promotes an extremely defensive playstyle where you have players literally sitting right on top of each other

There are bigger issues which affect this then CV's though. The HE spam meta for one. Once this patch goes live you also have the concealment nerf to everything except destroyers. Like I've said previously; WG try to fix problems by making new problems without doing anything about the existing problems. Quite honestly it's turning into quite a mess.

Edited by KelesK

[GWG]
Supertester
22,889 posts
12,800 battles
1 hour ago, Madwolf05 said:

But remember you're flying over bots with 0 modules or captains.

Correct and but it showed me that the AA can be dangerous.

1 hour ago, _Iku said:

i mean come on

Is think in co-op or random. The bots on the PT do not get skills or modules so their AA is automatically limited compared to a human controlled ship that in a full build will likely gain some AA power even if they are not building for AA. BFT & AFT help both AA and Secondary builds. AA cannot be as strong in the new system because each squadron made a single attack instead of the three or four with this system so the plans spend a lot more time in the AA.

[SALVO]
Members
22,944 posts
23,545 battles
3 hours ago, KelesK said:

The thing is that, historically speaking, groups of ships working together was the way effective AA was produced in WW2.  And even back in Open Beta, players pretty much understood that you needed to "blob up" if you wanted to have effective AA.  And when you got 2-3 good AA BBs and 2-3 good AA cruisers working together, they could absolutely shred an incoming carrier strike.

[REVY]
Members
402 posts
7,031 battles
57 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The thing is that, historically speaking, groups of ships working together was the way effective AA was produced in WW2.  And even back in Open Beta, players pretty much understood that you needed to "blob up" if you wanted to have effective AA.  And when you got 2-3 good AA BBs and 2-3 good AA cruisers working together, they could absolutely shred an incoming carrier strike.

Now people just seem to think that every ship should be able to solo an airstrike...

[GWG]
Supertester
22,889 posts
12,800 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

6 minutes ago, KelesK said:

Now people just seem to think that every ship should be able to solo an airstrike...

People have gotten used to the current AA which has to swat as many planes in one shot as possible and are comparing how the current AA works to how the new AA works, apples & oranges.