You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
deresistance

Another CV rework AA - why bother

79 comments in this topic

[RMRGD]
Members
455 posts
23,085 battles

I am sure everyone is watching CV rework with the CCs.   I been saying AA seems very unbalanced and I think notser took attention to all these threads and trying it.   So here is what I think will happen.

• DDs - no one will spec AA why bother defensive fire is useless
  • BBs - since AA does nothing no one will bother specing into it why?    All you will do is maybe shoot down a few places that mean nothing.  CVs have infinite.  
    • everyone will take fighters thats the only thing that will be helpful
  • CAs - Here some AA may matter to shoot down a few planes.  But is it important to even care?   Thats the real question for me.   A full spec DM will not stop tier X planes at all so I don't think it will be worth the captain points

There is no counter play to CVs so if you are a normal ship, it will just be a pest that may kill you.  There is nothing you can do except turn.  So you might as well play the game as normal.   your AA specs mean nothing.  The Defensive Fire skill does pretty much nothing.    So really sad to get to this point. I honestly like the CV rework from that perspective.   But the AA perspective seems VERY rushed and forced. 

• Cool 5
  • Meh 2

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
373 posts
14,498 battles
8 minutes ago, deresistance said:

DDs - no one will spec AA why bother defensive fire is useless

Was looking forward to running my groz, that is/ was nasty to planes. No one expects it to be an AA monster with the Russian DF buffs.

[DANKY]
Members
734 posts
2,066 battles

Ok thanks. Either they dial it back up bofore 0.80 and say the nerf was for testing purposes, or I’m out for a while. 

Edited by Eugenie_101
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,894 posts
2 minutes ago, Eugenie_101 said:

Ok thanks. Either they dial it back up bofore 0.80 and say the nerf was for testing purposes, or I’m out for a while. 

that's me too, if it goes live like this, i may stop playing or play very few games per week, i just don't want to be the punchbag for the entertainment of few CV players, i don't get paid, why would i do that?

• Cool 1

Members
3,067 posts
2,546 battles
27 minutes ago, deresistance said:

I am sure everyone is watching CV rework with the CCs.   I been saying AA seems very unbalanced and I think notser took attention to all these threads and trying it.   So here is what I think will happen.

• DDs - no one will spec AA why bother defensive fire is useless
  • BBs - since AA does nothing no one will bother specing into it why?    All you will do is maybe shoot down a few places that mean nothing.  CVs have infinite.  
  • CAs - Here some AA may matter to shoot down a few planes.  But is it important to even care?   Thats the real question for me.   A full spec DM will not stop tier X planes at all so I don't think it will be worth the captain points

There is no counter play to CVs so if you are a normal ship, it will just be a pest that may kill you.  There is nothing you can do except turn.  So you might as well play the game as normal.   your AA specs mean nothing.  The Defensive Fire skill does pretty much nothing.    So really sad to get to this point. I honestly like the CV rework from that perspective.   But the AA perspective seems VERY rushed and forced. 

You shoot down planes  SO the CV can't make more passes and if you kill planes after their runs, his squadron take longer to recover.

[PQUOD]
Members
2,428 posts
5,382 battles
1 minute ago, Happy668 said:

that's me too, if it goes live like this, i may stop playing or play very few games per week, i just don't want to be the punchbag for the entertainment of few CV players, i don't get paid, why would i do that?

Same here. Gonna take a break and watch to see what WG does. There's other things to play in the mean time.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,894 posts
Just now, xalmgrey said:

Same here. Gonna take a break and watch to see what WG does. There's other things to play in the mean time.

yep, the benefit of "F2P" games is, there's no subscription fee to waste, so stop playing nothing to lose, and from past WG practice, people took some months off, they gave them a few premium ships and 300k FXP to lure them back, lol

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts
13 minutes ago, Hurlbut said:

You shoot down planes  SO the CV can't make more passes and if you kill planes after their runs, his squadron take longer to recover.

So you haven't watched any of the CC vids showing players attacking with impunity even top AA ships?

[PQUOD]
Members
2,428 posts
5,382 battles
Just now, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

How many CV rework threads do we need on the front page?

Enough to get the point across i guess.

• Cool 3

Members
3,067 posts
2,546 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

So you haven't watched any of the CC vids showing players attacking with impunity even top AA ships?

I took part in the Beta Tests and now the PTS. The biggest thing is that a ship ALONE will not stop a whole squadron easily.

[PQUOD]
Members
2,428 posts
5,382 battles
1 minute ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

Does 30 threads with 10 replies hold more water than 2 with 150 replies?

I guess not? I'm sure the mods will start knocking them off as they keep growing.

Members
890 posts
14,137 battles
3 minutes ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

How many CV rework threads do we need on the front page?

as many as it takes to send the message to wargaming...

drop this broken mechanic class and make this a better game.

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

[FBXGC]
Members
386 posts
2,813 battles
1 minute ago, Prothall said:

as many as it takes to send the message to wargaming...

drop this broken mechanic class and make this a better game.

Congrats on repeating the same thing someone else said and not reading the reply they got...

• Meh 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,770 battles
3 minutes ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

Congrats on repeating the same thing someone else said and not reading the reply they got...

Congrats on missing the point.

Lots of people are pissed. Propaganda botting won't be enough to hold back the Tide of real feedback.

Buckle in for the refund demands for nerfing AA ships...Kidd, Yubari, Atlanta, etc.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[RMRGD]
Members
455 posts
23,085 battles
2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Lots of people are pissed. Propaganda botting won't be enough to hold back the Tide of real feedback.

Buckle in for the refund demands for nerfing AA ships...Kidd, Yubari, Atlanta, etc.

Sadly Kidd is my favorite DD hands down and that is even above my black.    yes she will be mostly useless AA wise.

[FBXGC]
Members
386 posts
2,813 battles
Just now, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

None of that addresses the fact that there are already threads to post in. I am not excited about the rework but posting 9 million threads instead of using the existing threads makes it so other topics don't get seen/addressed. It's selfish and less effective than using the existing discussions.

• Meh 3

Members
3,429 posts
6,898 battles
12 minutes ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

Does 30 threads with 10 replies hold more water than 2 with 150 replies?

easier reading...

[GRETA]
[GRETA]
Members
598 posts
18,366 battles

And people thought this rework would make CVs balanced against surface ships...:cap_haloween:

Enjoy being perma-spotted, now with 12 planes to knock down instead of 7. Oh, and your AAA doesn't work anymore and your friendly CV can't send a fighter to help you. Oh I'm sorry, your CV is somewhere else on the map because he only has single squadron control and he can't pop CAP fighters over you. Have fun while the CV pummels you with rockets, torps, or bombs as he basically removes your DCP and leaves you a sitting duck for the entire enemy team. What fun and engaging game play!

People will camp behind cover harder than ever, mark my words.

• Cool 1

Members
1,529 posts
11,583 battles
41 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

That's my plan also. I didn't like what I saw with this rework. I'll still play clan battles(no CV's) but that's it.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,282 posts
21,726 battles

I tried an Iowa with full AA build minus manual AA.

I took fighter option.

Vs a Midway...

I shot down 2 planes and my fighters 1....

Wooster....3 planes vs IJN tier 8...

[FBXGC]
Members
386 posts
2,813 battles
2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

So, this pisses you off, eh?

It's working boys! Make more threads!

Dude, this is how protests work...they aren't built for your convenience...but rather, to inconvenience you.

You seem to have mistaken me for your target. In conveniencing people trying to read the forums shouldn't be your goal. Informing WG of your issues with the CV rework should be. The best way to do that is to propel a couple mega threads so they can see the feedback from a large chunk of the player base in one location but whatevs. Keep littering the forums, I am sure WG will change everything just for you.