You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Siegewolf

T9 Ranked Ships

38 comments in this topic

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
791 posts
12,593 battles

Since the next Ranked will be T9 focused.  Trying to get a handle on where players think the boats to gravitate towards are.  I have many of the lines ground out.  I don't have the Alsace yet (on T8 at the moment) but she seems like a good BB candidate.

DD:

Really hard to choose here due to some many viable options.  Lots of good DDs at T9 in the right hands.

CA:

Roon, Kronshtadt, Donskoi or maybe Alaska (not sure about Buffalo)

Really didnt like the Donskoi or the Ibuki (but that's me).

BB:

Missouri and Alsace

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
791 posts
12,593 battles
Just now, Abides said:

I'm going Izumo, Buffalo and Neptune.

Not knocking your choices, IMHO most Neptune's I see pop real easy.  Buffalo seems like an option, certainly not the Seattle (which I am grinding through now, and loath).  Izumo is another one of those ships I couldn't make work.  Some folks love her though

[RBMK]
Members
251 posts
19,728 battles

DD:

Kitakaze and Black are king. Chung Mu, Fletcher, and Jutland are good substitutes

CA:

Buffalo or Seattle for team impact or Roon for star saving. Kronshtadt for both, and if by far the best T9 cruiser. 

BB:

Musashi and Missouri are the best. Iowa is the only alternative.

• Cool 2

[BLHK]
Members
558 posts
6 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

Since the next Ranked will be T9 focused.  Trying to get a handle on where players think the boats to gravitate towards are.  I have many of the lines ground out.  I don't have the Alsace yet (on T8 at the moment) but she seems like a good BB candidate.

DD:

Really hard to choose here due to some many viable options.  Lots of good DDs at T9 in the right hands.

CA:

Roon, Kronshtadt, Donskoi or maybe Alaska (not sure about Buffalo)

Really didnt like the Donskoi or the Ibuki (but that's me).

BB:

Missouri and Alsace

Not a fan of the Roon. Real ugly turret layout

• Cool 1

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
791 posts
12,593 battles
Just now, DoIphin_Princess said:

DD:

Kitakaze and Black are king. Chung Mu, Fletcher, and Jutland are good substitutes

CA:

Buffalo or Seattle for team impact or Roon for star saving. Kronshtadt for both, and if by far the best T9 cruiser. 

BB:

Musashi and Missouri are the best. Iowa is the only alternative.

Musashi I definitely thought about, wasn't certain if her lack of AA would be pertinent.   Just curious, why not the Alsace?

Members
6,729 posts
21,129 battles
1 minute ago, Siegewolf said:

Not knocking your choices, IMHO most Neptune's I see pop real easy.  Buffalo seems like an option, certainly not the Seattle (which I am grinding through now, and loath).  Izumo is another one of those ships I couldn't make work.  Some folks love her though

I'm just kidding, if I try, i'll go Fletcher... but usually I get straight down to like 7-9 then hit the grind wall, start nerd raging, questioning my existence and quit. I have the skill to rank out, just not the endurance...... 

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
791 posts
12,593 battles
3 minutes ago, Abides said:

I'm just kidding, if I try, i'll go Fletcher... but usually I get straight down to like 7-9 then hit the grind wall, start nerd raging, questioning my existence and quit. I have the skill to rank out, just not the endurance...... 

Yeah can be soul sucking once you hit towards 5, especially with the added star.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,107 posts
24,442 battles
9 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

Tier IX is going to have a lot of Radar.

Buffalo

Dmitri Donskoi

Kronshtadt

Alaska (Will she be in by then?)

Missouri (Expect to see A LOT of her)

Radar Chung Mu Build

And of course, Black.

This is the first time Tier IX is having Ranked.  It's going to be interesting to see how it unfolds.  There's a lot of strong ships here, particularly among BBs and DDs.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[RBMK]
Members
251 posts
19,728 battles
2 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

Musashi I definitely thought about, wasn't certain if her lack of AA would be pertinent.   Just curious, why not the Alsace?

List of cruisers at T9 that can pen nearly the entire Alsace:

• Roon
  • Ibuki
  • Donskoi
  • Seattle
  • Buffalo
  • Saint Louis
  • Kronshtadt

Not to mention 27 and 30mm armored cruisers can ignore Alsace 15 inch shells.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,107 posts
24,442 battles
1 minute ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

• Roon
  • Ibuki
  • Donskoi
  • Seattle
  • Buffalo
  • Saint Louis
  • Kronshtadt

Don't forget Kitakaze with the IJN 100mm HE Pen Buff + IFHE.  Those 100mm IJN DDs cut through 32mm armor BBs like buzzsaws.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
791 posts
12,593 battles
1 minute ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

• Roon
  • Ibuki
  • Donskoi
  • Seattle
  • Buffalo
  • Saint Louis
  • Kronshtadt

Ah, good point. 

Along with HazeGrayUnderway's point about the prevalence of radar.  When you have BB's with it as well you know the field will be saturated

[BTD]
Members
294 posts
11,298 battles
16 minutes ago, Abides said:

I'm going Izumo, Buffalo and Neptune.

hmm that might be better than my choices of fredriech der gross, seattle, and udaloi

Members
6,729 posts
21,129 battles
2 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

• Roon
  • Ibuki
  • Donskoi
  • Seattle
  • Buffalo
  • Saint Louis
  • Kronshtadt

I started a post last week about what makes a player a Unicum player vs the rest of us. While many answered... I think this is the level of detail that separates the try hards vs the elite. And I fall into the try hard category.

Dolphin knows his stuff.

Members
6,729 posts
21,129 battles
3 minutes ago, Rickjoshi1765 said:

hmm that might be better than my choices of fredriech der gross, seattle, and udaloi

damn forgot the der grobe….how bout the trashcan?

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,568 battles
Just now, Abides said:

I started a post last week about what makes a player a Unicum player vs the rest of us. While many answered... I think this is the level of detail that separates the try hards vs the elite. And I fall into the try hard category.

Dolphin knows his stuff.

It's also kind of amusing since that's all the T9 cruisers.

Well, I guess not the Neptune, hah. Or Alaska?

• Meh 1

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
791 posts
12,593 battles

I thought the issue with the FDG was the number of guns forward, due to bow tanking.  I like German BBs but the gods of dispersion don't seem to like them, add to it the fewer guns.

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,087 battles

For me:

DD's it's either the jutland, fletcher or the kitakaze.

CA: I liked the Donskoi for it's utility. The play style is close enough to a Zao with the  legendary module. Slap on an extended radar mod  and you got 24 seconds at 11.7 km. hydro is also good for offensive use at 5km range.It makes for a good DD hunter.

BB''s:  either Musashi, cuz over pen. Or Mo. cuz radar.

Members
85 posts
3,521 battles

Will use what I have. Right now that is Kron, Musashi, and Jutland.  Could buy back Seattle and Buffalo if I had to. Should have enough FXP for Alaska by then as well.

[BTD]
Members
294 posts
11,298 battles
9 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

I thought the issue with the FDG was the number of guns forward, due to bow tanking.  I like German BBs but the gods of dispersion don't seem to like them, add to it the fewer guns.

we are just joking around lol

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
791 posts
12,593 battles
3 minutes ago, oldiowaguy said:

Will use what I have. Right now that is Kron, Musashi, and Jutland.  Could buy back Seattle and Buffalo if I had to. Should have enough FXP for Alaska by then as well.

I wouldn't use the Seattle.  She is fun as heck when people are focused on other ships, but when she has the attention of the enemy she tends to be lackluster, mainly due to the range of her guns.  No secondaries at T9 is also a draw back but less so than her main guns.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
28,107 posts
24,442 battles
36 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

It's also kind of amusing since that's all the T9 cruisers.

Well, I guess not the Neptune, hah. Or Alaska?

Ibuki, Saint-Louis don't have access to Radar.

Neptune does, the same way Edinburgh and Minotaur can access Radar by dropping their Smoke.  However, even as someone that loved Neptune, dropping smoke on the worst concealment RN CL in High Tier is a very risky move.  Edinburgh & Minotaur can get away with it due to having great Stealth Builds, but not Neptune.

Then again, there's the CE nerf about to hit also...

[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
7,118 battles
28 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

For me:

DD's it's either the jutland, fletcher or the kitakaze.

CA: I liked the Donskoi for it's utility. The play style is close enough to a Zao with the  legendary module. Slap on an extended radar mod  and you got 24 seconds at 11.7 km. hydro is also good for offensive use at 5km range.It makes for a good DD hunter.

BB''s:  either Musashi, cuz over pen. Or Mo. cuz radar.

In what is likely to be a heavy radar season, why the Kitakaze? Flat arcs, can't shoot over stuff, so guns will be situational. That leaves torps, with a single launcher and long reload...

Fletcher? oh, yep. Ditto Jutland. Maybe even Chung Mu. But Kita? I have one, but it isn't going anywhere near the water in Ranked.

[-BMV-]
Members
535 posts
19,589 battles

If im in the mood (which i wont because i despise Arms Race in Rank) my choices would be only in the CA, BB area.

BB: Musashi, Alsace.

CB/CA: Kronshtadt, Roon, Saint Louis

DD: don't have any but an stock Udaloi so no chance in hell.

Edited by Sidelock