You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Old_Baldy_One

CV Rework question (Compensation)

9 comments in this topic

[SOFOP]
Members
1,593 posts
10,615 battles

I just want to confirm I am reading things right.  If you have CVs (lets just say normal tech tree CVs) with XP on them after patch 8 hits and you do not wish to keep them, you will get full credits for them, modules demounted, etc etc.  No issue there. 

I also read though that you get the XP used on them in Free XP, as well as any stored XP converted to free XP?  Is that right?

16 hours ago, Boyarsky said:

the rules are simple. If a carrier stays in the game (on same tier or moved to a different tier), then all accumulated resources stay with that ship. But if a carrier is removed, then you get all invested credits, XP and accumulated XP back in form of credits and Free XP, while all modifications and upgrades are moved to Inventory. You can still decide to sell all of your remaining CV's and their upgrades for full value of doubloons or credits/Free XP.  Basically, in all tricky cases we decided in favor of players. 

So if I have like 100k XP on my Ranger, I'll get 100k Free XP when the ship gets removed.

Just trying to confirm that I have that right before I start hammering my CV a ton with XP flags.

@Boyarsky

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[PVE]
Members
18,437 posts
11,392 battles
17 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I just want to confirm I am reading things right.  If you have CVs (lets just say normal tech tree CVs) with XP on them after patch 8 hits and you do not wish to keep them, you will get full credits for them, modules demounted, etc etc.  No issue there. 

I also read though that you get the XP used on them in Free XP, as well as any stored XP converted to free XP?  Is that right?

So if I have like 100k XP on my Ranger, I'll get 100k Free XP when the ship gets removed.

Just trying to confirm that I have that right before I start hammering my CV a ton with XP flags.

@Boyarsky

Here is the compensation notes in this article. Note: since we do not yet know how much XP the new CVs will cost, you can not estimate the FXP you will get from the old CVs.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/carrier-underwood/

[HYDRO]
Members
3,682 posts
5,280 battles

To add to what Kizaverxis is saying, the rules at least so far state a full doubloon compensation for permanent camouflages for odd tier carriers. The situation isn't that clear for even ones. At the moment the camos are 50% off so there is the possibility, provided the rules don't change that you can make a tidy sum by the time the patch hits.

[AAA]
Members
509 posts
8,943 battles

Someone on Flambass stream said that the original exp used to research the CV and its modules will be converted to free exp (that if you sell) and any other extra XP earned on the ship will be transferred to  tier 1 of that nation.

Edited by sansfaille

[PVE]
Members
18,437 posts
11,392 battles
16 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

Someone on Flambass stream said that the original exp used to research the CV and its modules will be converted to free exp (that if you sell) and any other extra XP earned on the ship will be transferred to  tier 1 of that nation.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/carrier-underwood/

It's in there, but will be dependent on how much the new stuff costs.

• Cool 1

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

If I use current exp requirements as a guideline, I should be able to sell my fully researched Shokaku for ~450k XP since that’s about how much it took to go from tier 4 to 8 with its modules.  Right?

The articles make it sound like this is a decent way to estimate the compensation I think.  

[PVE]
Members
18,437 posts
11,392 battles
3 minutes ago, galspanic said:

If I use current exp requirements as a guideline, I should be able to sell my fully researched Shokaku for ~450k XP since that’s about how much it took to go from tier 4 to 8 with its modules.  Right?

The articles make it sound like this is a decent way to estimate the compensation I think.  

It will probably be close, but I would take those estimates with a LARGE grain of salt.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,170 posts
9,959 battles

My advice is this:

The safest thing to do is to hang on to all the carriers you have now.

Wait until just before the new patch drops, when we will KNOW exactly what the compensation is from WG's own mouth IN PRINT, and not just what somebody said on somebody else's stream, however reliable that turns out to be.

The best thing is that AFAIK the trade-in can come after, when we know what the trade-in values and line research costs will be. It might even be that we could turn the whole lot in, grab the FXP and cash compensation for everything, and then re-research the highest tier ship alone. For now I'm not spending another silver coin or XP point on upgrades, because my Bogue is vanishing forever and my Independence is getting kicked out to be replaced by Ranger in the main line (to return later when they release this mysterious alternative branch), and I want confirmation on where I stand. It's easiest for me to leave them as they are and reassess in the light of complete information whether I want to continue with American carriers or cash them out and transfer to the British when they're released.

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

It will probably be close, but I would take those estimates with a LARGE grain of salt.

I am.  But with the Kronstadt leaving the shop at the same time I need to figure a few things as much as I can.