You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Rawhide

How do you use Karma most often?

How do you use Karma most often?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. We all know Karma has no game play value. But, how do YOU use karma most often?

• To upgrade good play on my team or the opposing team.
    • To downgrade poor or AFK play on my team or an apposing team.
    • To upgrade my Clan members so that they think they are Magic Mike.
    • To blame my poor play on my team mates or the opposing team.
    • I don't use it at all.
    • Something else.

25 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
11,970 posts

I throw it down at people in the food court from that railing up above.

PS - You can't give karma to division members.

Edited by RipNuN2

[QQ7]
Members
1,051 posts
4,641 battles

Reporting that one dude who died in the first 4 minutes, then flames the rest of the team for "not supporting him" on his suicide push for the rest of the game.  

Complimenting people whom I either know, or made a play that was exemplary.

Edited by XpliCT_

[BTD]
Members
294 posts
11,262 battles

people use it wrong most of the time.  some ppl use a report cause you killed them.  its a silly thing

Edited by Rickjoshi1765

[CNO]
Members
5,185 posts
16,305 battles

Mainly to give team members an attaboy for a job well done.  Lower tier ships that perform above tier will often get a "plays well".  As will top tier ships that do exceptionally well.  If I see someone do something good in game, even if they don't score well, I'll give them karma too. 

I have about 10 karma to give each day, and I try to give it all out.

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
952 posts

I use it to complement people who payed especially well, and to punish kill stealers, AFKs, people who are abusive in chat and people who sit back the whole game and contribute nothing to the team.

[O7]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
9,542 battles

I use the karma I earn to brag to my more toxic clan-mates.

• Cool 1

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,324 posts

mainly for allied DDs who load in 2+ minutes after game start.

If you have a toaster, dont punish your team and play a BB instead.

[CUTER]
Members
824 posts
24,390 battles

I base it largely upon base experience earned.  A tier VIII in a tier X match who gets over 2k base xp usually sees my compliments.  Likewise AFKs get reported consistently, not as poor player but as AFK.

I have on rare occasions given out karma to folks with witty comments or even funny ingamenames.  To me that improves the atmosphere.  

Kind statements and team play tend to get good manners and positive feedback.

Racist and open cursing in chat will always get reported.

Open TK gets reported as unsportsmanlike.  TK by accident and followed by apology usually does not recieve report.  A player who recognizes their own error usually gets a bi from me bc no one is perfect and I can share their sentiments.  Saying in open chat, that idiot should have avoided my torps...does not work.

If wargaming had a drop down for reports and or clearly defined what they meant...when actually giving a report...it would be more helpful.

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
506 posts
4,555 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Mainly to give team members an attaboy for a job well done.  Lower tier ships that perform above tier will often get a "plays well".  As will top tier ships that do exceptionally well.  If I see someone do something good in game, even if they don't score well, I'll give them karma too. 

I have about 10 karma to give each day, and I try to give it all out.

^^^ This

I don’t use AFK or Plays Poorly. AFK can simply be a “real life emergency” has come up or internet disconnect. Plays Poorly is a crappy thing because it’s only my opinion.

Chat ragers will usually get an unsportsmanlike.

[NSEW]
Members
1,532 posts
9,722 battles

Primarily to give kudos to players that displayed good sportsmanship, and great play. I'm aware this is relative, but I primarily use it to give credit where it's due. I'm also aware that the growing trend is to ignore what this feature is for (it doesn't seem to give any noticeable rewards for having many positive Kudos points), however I'd prefer to believe that in my own way it gives the players a moral boost when it is much needed.

[GWG]
Supertester
22,934 posts
12,817 battles

While I don't do it as often as I should I use it almost exclusively to plus one a player that excelled beyond expectations.

[CK5]
Members
1,153 posts
10,645 battles

I mostly give upvotes and then for very good play.  I don't just give upvotes for high XP on the leaderboard, but also for players who exhibit unselfish behavior, regardless of where they finish.   About the only reason I give downvotes is for abusive chat behavior or brazen/unapologetic TK'ers.  

[USCG]
Members
476 posts
16,494 battles

Upvotes for great play/carry the team, either mine or the opponent. Tend to go negative when the, “What a POS team this is...” comments come out... For some reason the “Blame the rest of the team” comments bug me. Always like to check the author’s stats after one of those...

[SALVO]
Members
22,969 posts
23,578 battles
5 hours ago, Rickjoshi1765 said:

people use it wrong most of the time.  some ppl use a report cause you killed them.  its a silly thing

This is the one thing I've never done.  I would never report someone for sinking my ship.  To me, that's the entire point of the game.  I try to sink you, you try to sink me.  Now, if that person was a jerk for some reason, I might report him, but NOT because he may have sunk my ship.  I never get mad at enemy players for sinking my ship, because it's simply the point of the game and I'll never blame them for doing what I've been trying to do to them.

[BTD]
Members
294 posts
11,262 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

This is the one thing I've never done.  I would never report someone for sinking my ship.  To me, that's the entire point of the game.  I try to sink you, you try to sink me.  Now, if that person was a jerk for some reason, I might report him, but NOT because he may have sunk my ship.  I never get mad at enemy players for sinking my ship, because it's simply the point of the game and I'll never blame them for doing what I've been trying to do to them.

Reported

jk lol

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,811 posts
13,851 battles

> to get more reports

11 its too little for a day playing warships.

[SALVO]
Members
22,969 posts
23,578 battles
2 hours ago, cgbosn4 said:

Upvotes for great play/carry the team, either mine or the opponent. Tend to go negative when the, “What a POS team this is...” comments come out... For some reason the “Blame the rest of the team” comments bug me. Always like to check the author’s stats after one of those...

Sorry, but there are plenty of crap teams out there where no matter how well you played, you couldn't carry them.  And frankly, not all of us are THAT good that we even could hard carry a random team.  That doesn't make us bad players.  We're just not superstars.  And it also gets frustrating to get blamed for recognizing that you're on a crap team and saying so, as if the act of recognition must mean that you're really just another crap player.  So, quite frankly, it bugs ME when people rip me for calling out a crap team is if I'm to blame for it being a crap team, despite doing my level best to carry as much as I could and ending up at the top of the XP list, and doing lots of damage and so on.

I had some total newbie calling me a coward in a mid tier battle Sunday afternoon on Estuary.  Our team was losing.  Ok it happens.  Another BB and I were kiting the advancing enemy BBs (coming in from the west of our standard mode cap), while this newbie decided to just park his New Mex on the edge of the cap and shoot at them.  But he was ripping us for running away, yada, yada.  Never mind that he ended up near the bottom of the list in XP, while I was top of the list having done 97k damage.  I was fighting my heart out and this newbie is calling ME out?  :Smile_facepalm:

[CUTER]
Members
3,878 posts
20,662 battles

I compliment good plays and funny jokes.

I report people who complain about being bottom tier in a tier 10 match.

Edited by Preteen

[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,128 posts
3,883 battles

I use it to punish and reward, and try to use it all every day.

Punishment primarly goes to ships that don't last beyond the first 5 minutes, usually DDs and Cruisers unless they get detonated. It goes to BBs who end a match sub-500 points because frankly, that is handed to any BB who can survive and fire for the first 10 minutes of the game .

I give positive karma to people in good spirits or who do well on either team. I also put a priority on giving it to DDs that spot and don't blind and cripple us by sitting in smoke or hiding without reason. I give it to BBs who don't shy away while also not being reckless. I give it to DDs and Cruisers who get detonated.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,976 posts

I try to use it only to reward, and grit my teeth and bear it for the bad stuff.

This weekend I was in a coop game brushing off snowflakes in my Missouri. Our team went and suicided, and 3 minutes in there were 3 of us against 8.

We brought it back and got the victory, so I gave out karma to both. 

I don't think bad karma works at all because the player believes he made the right decision, and bad karma will reinforce that as he won't admit a mistake

[WOLF2]
Members
425 posts
7,711 battles

I usually only give karma to my own team and let the reds give it out for their own. That's just me.

A 2000 xp game us usually a guaranteed +, but I'll give it out for others if I see them play well.

A negative karma is usually only for doing something really stupid that costs a game or being annoying in chat.