Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,540
[NG-NL]
Members
6,252 posts
10,088 battles

Pretty decent weekend. Picked up the Gadjah again and learned how to use that tin can effectively after a couple potato runs. Knocked off a few more snowflakes and completed the grind. Conqueror might become one of my favorite BBs because 4 MB works better with that dispersion than Lion's 3 MB--do need to learn how to tank in that thing, it's a tricky decision given how quickly T10 scrubs will get trigger-happy.

Conqueror's snowflake will take time, but at least I seem to have the hang of using her HE and AP effectively. That AP has excellent krupp alright, even punched a Yamato that was bow-in. 3rd match was quite the fun time!

cbn74Be.jpg

DS off a Zao that thought he could just broadside an "HE spammer" and bagged a reckless DM seconds before match over for the Kraken--poor guy should have known better than to simply keep charging me.

Saw one of the testing ships:

EIQTDtK.jpg

Not a shabby weekend, though at some point I'll switch to co-op for snowflakes on the ships I grinded thru and sold off.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
378
[SHAFT]
Members
815 posts
17,952 battles

Congrats on unlocking the Conqueror. Frankly that grind is one I am not looking forward to as just can't seem to get the British bbs to work for me.

Used the 200% first win bonus to grab a ton of captain and FXP.

Unlocked Yamato, Minotaur and Moskva. Normally wouldn't use FXP to unlock ships but had less than 30k left on each and wanted to get their snowflakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,097
[4HIM]
Members
3,237 posts
13,851 battles

With all the bonuses this week I've unlocked:

  • Acasta
  • Helena
  • Myoko
  • Des Moines

After purchasing them and equipping them with upgrades (as well as a couple other ships I had not yet mounted upgrades to) I'm broke.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,365
[ARGSY]
Members
21,588 posts
15,660 battles
2 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

Normally wouldn't use FXP to unlock ships but had less than 30k left on each and wanted to get their snowflakes.

You're effectively swapping FXP for steel here, aren't you? More than a worthwhile trade, and it means those line grinds are over for you.

 

I finally managed to get enough coal to buy the Salem. Cheap upgrade slot modules meant that I had just enough cash to fill her slots and Musashi's as well, plus with 200% first wins, I unlocked a whole lot of tech tree ships both through grinding and with free XP - including Independence, so that when the rework drops I will have a T6 CV in port with torpedoes.

Did not have a very good time in ranked sprint.

Cashed in on Nurnberg and Icarus in the Mighty Prinz campaign. Already have both - indeed, had all of them except Hatsuharu - but the permacamo for Nurn was very welcome, and the credits for the ships I already have will be even more so.

1.65x ship XP boost on warships premium time makes co-op worth playing - yes, it's bot bashing, but the win rate keeps my morale up, I play more battles, and I have more fun. 

5 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

After purchasing them and equipping them with upgrades (as well as a couple other ships I had not yet mounted upgrades to) I'm broke.  

Me too. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,795
[WOLFG]
Members
10,516 posts
9,825 battles

On a 200% weekend, I was the king of the great second battle in a ship this weekend.

But with the discounts to modules and upgrades, I completely outfitted the Kaiser, Myogi, and Kuma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,797 posts
13,754 battles

Win rate has returned to normal mostly. 

Made the final decision to unlock and work on the Roon, Saint-Loius, Dom, and Neptune concurrently, like I did with those ship lines tier 5-8.  Des Moines, while having the necessary XP, will have to wait. So working on the Roon, Saint-Louis, Dom, Neptune, Iowa, and Izumo as tree lines go.

The 200% XP bonus is always nice during this time of year. In the past month I have been able to acquire the Jean Bart, Kron, and this past weekend was able to get the Musashi. Didnt even have to touch the steel reserves, just used the coupon. And with the 200% XP, even after buying the Kron with FXP, am sitting at 750K FXP almost ready for the Alaska. 

Side note. I really like the Cossack, and I bought the Abruzzi after a comment from @Dr_Venture, I like the oddball challenge of those Italian cruisers. Thanks for the suggestion, idea. I forgot the Abruzzi existed till then.

Hope everyone had a great holiday season and has a fantastic and safe New years!

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
803
[WOLF9]
Members
4,642 posts

  Profitable!!

  Finished knocking off all the snowflakes, save the RN Tech tree DD's and German premium DD's- I'd had enough of Co-op DD play, and none are set up yet.

  Got enough coal to purchase Salem; Charleston; and the Special German commander.   Then ground that total back up so it's at least higher than my steels, lol.

  Salem got set up right away and played.  As did Charleston.  Me likey, on both counts!

  Also took out the Gascogne I got from a Santa box, and played several games in it- me REALLY likey!!!

  With the snowflake goal out of the way, it's back to amassing Elite XP- so I can boost my Alsace captain to 19 points before I get to Republique.   (and along the way working on finishing the Halsey campaign, and the DM and Monty legendary grinds.)

  Roon and Fuso also got set up recently, as did others I forget.   My credits took a HUGE hit, but the sale on upgrades helped a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,667
[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,065 posts
6,020 battles
On 12/31/2018 at 9:11 PM, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Win rate has returned to normal mostly. 

Made the final decision to unlock and work on the Roon, Saint-Loius, Dom, and Neptune concurrently, like I did with those ship lines tier 5-8.  Des Moines, while having the necessary XP, will have to wait. So working on the Roon, Saint-Louis, Dom, Neptune, Iowa, and Izumo as tree lines go.

The 200% XP bonus is always nice during this time of year. In the past month I have been able to acquire the Jean Bart, Kron, and this past weekend was able to get the Musashi. Didnt even have to touch the steel reserves, just used the coupon. And with the 200% XP, even after buying the Kron with FXP, am sitting at 750K FXP almost ready for the Alaska. 

Side note. I really like the Cossack, and I bought the Abruzzi after a comment from @Dr_Venture, I like the oddball challenge of those Italian cruisers. Thanks for the suggestion, idea. I forgot the Abruzzi existed till then.

Hope everyone had a great holiday season and has a fantastic and safe New years!

She's ALOT more fun than alot of people have said...but she is even more fragile than the tier 6. 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×