Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Have fun, fireworks responsibly and take care of your pets

15 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,687 posts
19,831 battles

It's the worst day of the year for many pets and a number of vets, who don't like fireworks. For pets it's a scary time, they don't understand what's happening with all the sudden, loud noises. And many vets don't like fireworks as it can trigger flashbacks offirefights.

Do have fun tonight, but use your fireworks responsibly, take care not to hurt yourself or others, and please keep your pets and any nearby vets in mind.

HIxNStx.jpg

Freya doesn't like the loud sounds. I put my work coat which smells of me down nearby, in line of sight to me, with food and water nearby as well. She's been cowering on my work coat all day so far, flinching with each premature fireworks outside.

• Cool 6

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

Many vets don't like firefights -- lol, I thought you were talking about veterinarians after you'd mentioned your cat. I was sitting here wondering why a veterinarian would have flashbacks of pets getting scared in firefights when my aging brain finally put two and two together.

Loud noises really bother my parents' cats, especially the little black and white one. The brown cat that considers herself "mine" is just the opposite, she runs towards any crash, bang, or boom to see what's happening.

Noises don't bother me so much as I was in the artillery. Also, ironically, the only firefights I've been in were in civilian life when I was working as an inner city paramedic. However, after 45 years I still come to alert whenever I hear the word "medic."

Not so many fireworks over here this time of year. I recall that they set off New Year's fireworks out on the West Cost but most of America relegates them to the 4th of July. In some, mainly Hispanic, communities they still shoot guns into the air on certain holidays though, which probably isn't the best of ideas in this day and age. 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,120 battles

Fireworks are associated with the 4th of July here in the U.S. I remember my childhood in the Philippines though. You'd think a war had broken out with all the ordnance being broken out. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,687 posts
19,831 battles
4 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Fireworks are associated with the 4th of July here in the U.S.

Guess my Europe is showing.

Still, the message needs to be said I think.

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,120 battles
18 minutes ago, Lert said:

Don't you mean dutch?  

Yeah, be prepared for loud  noises for your pets.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,687 posts
19,831 battles
2 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Don't you mean dutch? 

The Netherlands is, in fact, in Europe. :)

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles
46 minutes ago, Lert said:

Don‘t worry, I‘ll be keeping it light this year~

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,392 posts
4,198 battles
48 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Fireworks are associated with the 4th of July here in the U.S. I remember my childhood in the Philippines though. You'd think a war had broken out with all the ordnance being broken out. 

Where I am (rural MI) it sounds like a war has broken out on the 4th and today. Blowing things up while consuming large amounts of alcohol is how Americans celebrate.

The cats around me are used to it, though we don't see them for a bit. The dogs try to join in.

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,120 battles
12 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

The cats around me are used to it, though we don't see them for a bit. The dogs try to join in.

Blowing things up or the alcohol consumption?

[TOY]
Members
65 posts
3,968 battles

or you can always just got to a fireworks show like this 

wilmington-fireworks-42110-ps.thumb.jpg.e843091b6e69588917930006b1836131.jpg

this is the fireworks show done every year in Wilmington NC at the USS North Carolina

[NGA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,745 posts
5,675 battles
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

And with New Years as well which is tonight.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,392 posts
4,198 battles
31 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Blowing things up or the alcohol consumption?

Just the general chaos (barking/howling). Though they generally try and stick their noses into the fireworks, and I'm sure would drink if they were allowed.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
400 posts
11,510 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

. . . and I'm sure would drink if they were allowed.

growing up, one of our horses would take any can or bottle of beer she could steal from anyone's hand, and finish it off

good reminder Lert

[SPTR]
Members
27,186 posts
16,907 battles

I cuddled our American Staff, Lisa, when New Year took a hit here never left my side for like half an hour let her lay on the couch where I cuddled her too didn't intend on leaving the chair for a fair bit too.

Sign in to follow this