Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Theokolese

Asking for help from the WOWs community

5 comments in this topic

Members
349 posts
31 battles

I have been having trouble judging the speed of US cruisers that are at long range. They look like they are barely moving and when I shoot at them my rounds are always falling way behind them. I do not have the same issue with other nations cruisers, only the US cruisers. Has anyone else noticed this strange quirk? Does anyone have a suggestion for properly judging the speed of US cruisers at long range?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
26 minutes ago, Theokolese said:

I have been having trouble judging the speed of US cruisers that are at long range. They look like they are barely moving and when I shoot at them my rounds are always falling way behind them. I do not have the same issue with other nations cruisers, only the US cruisers. Has anyone else noticed this strange quirk? Does anyone have a suggestion for properly judging the speed of US cruisers at long range?

Remember that it takes time for your shells to reach the target. Therefore, the longer the range, the more lead needed. This is why I rarely take the range extension modules for my ships. I just wait until ships are 12-15 km away and then choose "10" on the dynamic reticle for lead. 75% of the time, cruisers are traveling at full speed and this works. I've found that it's detrimental if I fire at distant ships, miss, and then show everyone on the enemy team where I am. Better to use one's stealth and get close before firing. In this way the chance of a hit is much greater.

Edited by Snargfargle

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,618 posts
20,816 battles

Use "Dynamic " cross hairs...they are based on the premise the target is moving at 30kts. Weird that you only have this trouble with US cruisers. I mean you're suggesting that there is a difference and I have seen none. 

[SYN]
Members
15,876 posts
12,803 battles

des moines legendary upgrade makes it go from 0 to 30 in about 2 seconds...

[H_]
Members
749 posts
12,111 battles

Weird that your having issues with only US ships, shape maybe? more boxy compared other countries? 

Watch the smoke, flatter lower to the ship, going faster, more upright slower,  look at your mini map to see if the angle is not quite what you "see". I have trouble with slight angle variations on all ships..

It also depends on what you are shooting them with?  Every ship line the shell flight characteristics are different, US - slow and floaty for the most part, Soviet - flatter and faster, German - somewhere in between, etc..

When I'm changing between ship lines I usually have a bit of aiming issues at first till I catch up and remember about the shell flight characteristics.

Lots of folks suggest the dynamic cross hair, I am not sold on that, but maybe it will work for you?.

Sign in to follow this