You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Natsukirei

Best Clan War BB

11 comments in this topic

[HAPPY]
Members
27 posts
3,881 battles

Hey guys,

I have noticed the Meta for Clan battles is that the montana seems like the better ship compared to the republique, kurf, and Conq, i personally have a conq and i enjoy using the AP rounds on cruisers and getting nice cits and good stealth, i have many other other T10's to.

But the one T10 that ive come up against and never died to is the Montana in randoms on any of my tier 10's, so im trying to figure out what its strengths are, i have the iowa and i cant seem to penetrate a musashi or most other BB's that easily, you have to aim quite specifically, the only BB's ive citadeled are the F.D.G and Montanas

[ZR]
Members
984 posts
12,269 battles

Well in CB there is only one enemy BB so its not really important how good against them you are.

Also did you forget Yamato?

[HAPPY]
Members
27 posts
3,881 battles
4 minutes ago, DeadManxDan said:

Well in CB there is only one enemy BB so its not really important how good against them you are.

Also did you forget Yamato?

woops, i knew i was forgetting something D: , poor yammy

[QQ7]
Members
1,051 posts
4,641 battles

Montana isn't as good as it once was due to the prevalence of ships with 30mm of deck armor.  It's definitely not a bad choice, but you'll do more consistent damage to them with the Republique or Yamato.  Honestly though, whichever of those three you play best is the answer.  They can all work and are all viable.  

I would stay away from the Conqueror due to it's lackluster AP compared to the above ships, and how fast it can melt.  I wouldn't recommend the GK due to the nature of the ship as well.  

[SALVO]
Members
22,927 posts
23,493 battles

I think that each of the tier 10 BBs has its strengths and weaknesses.   Also, certain BBs are stronger on certain maps than others.  However, since you have no say in what map you're going to fight on, attempting to choose a good BB for a certain map can shoot you in the foot if you end up on a map where that same BB is not as good.  And in the end, it usually seems like the best choice is to pick the BB that you feel will do well on the widest variety of maps possible.

[SYN]
Members
7,880 posts
13,391 battles

Yammy is top dog this season, In previous seasons I saw Monty being competitive, but not this season. Pretty much every other BB is a bad pick, maybe a repub for aggressive rush comps.

Edited by Kapitan_Wuff

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,565 posts
14,695 battles

Can concur with Kapitan Wuff, mostly see either a Montana or a Yammie in our battles.  Montana has superior tankiness while still allowing you to punish a cruisers mistake, Yammie has the accuracy and overpen to nail anything it sees.  The biggest surprise this season has been the Henri rising in popularity as a counter to the Stalingrad, that and the disappearance of the Hindy.

[TOG]
Members
3,967 posts
21,328 battles
2 hours ago, LoveBote said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Stalingrad.

It's a BC/CA/support battleship. i still prefer the Yamato sue to the grouping and overmatch it brings. A single Stalingrad is not going to be an automatic "I Win" in CB. I keep getting 2 mil in potential damage every time I use  her. Now if you say 2 of her on the same team.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

Members
2,075 posts
11,042 battles

Hey

For me; I will take my GK and will consistently do good in it in clan battles, the only down side is the large turning circle and she is not great with torps but you do have hydro, but the HP pool is great, great armor, and I run a full tank build on mine with FP and BofS.  She is my go to pick.  I have used my Repub. and it's decent and I have my highest clan battle score with it, but not as consistent as my GK, she is fast, turns better, but misses out on tools, armor not as good, less HP.  My Conqueror, I would not take into clan battles, guns are inconsistent, armor weak to brawl in, missing tools such as spotter and hydro, fire starting is sometime inconsistent.  Don't have the Yammie, but I don't fear them in my GK as much as the others.  Did a double citadel on a Yammie a few days ago in CB at 14 km away.  That's always nice to see, and I love seeing a island parking Des Moines, and use my spotter A/C to shoot him where he thinks he's safe.  Worse nightmares are torps from a DD.  My pick.

Pete

P.S.  The Hindy which used to be king of the hill for cruisers, sucks anymore.  I think WG nerf'd it more than just a 1 sec. reload.  Don't see nearly as many as you did last season before the reload nerf.  I take my Salem for a cruiser and it's been decent.

[FTH]
Members
33 posts
12,140 battles

Depends on how your clan plays Yamato and Montana are great picks if your clan likes to stand off and play a chess match. I have little good to say about republic or Conqueror they are both very soft low hps and rather mediocre. My clan likes to run DMs and Salems sometimes 6 of them so they prefer me in the GK since they like to brawl up close they need a bb that can do that better then any other and that is the GK. I typically rack up 60-100k damage just from my secondary guns in CBs. IFHE your over matching 40 mm and 48 mm with the 128s and 150s it has, it eats everything including other battleships. Add in German hydro and for a massive ship you dodge a lot of torps.