You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ethermaster_1

Signal flags are missing from the shop?

36 comments in this topic

[BOBS_]
Members
47 posts
5,753 battles

Has anyone noticed that the signal flags (papa papa) and the what not have been removed from the premium shop?

I used to buy them now and again so that I could grind ships much quicker when I had a holiday from the office, but I logged into day to see that they have disappeared.

Is there a reason WG removed them and was there any notice given?

Edited by Ethermaster_1
  • Cool 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,704 posts
4,001 battles

Pretty sure they vanished from the premium shop when they showed up in the arsenal, or shortly thereafter.

[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts
22 minutes ago, Ethermaster_1 said:

Na they were there at the start of last week, just seems strange that they disappeared like that.

Yep, I just bought some last week myself, wishing I had bought more now lol

I hate using my coal to get them, 12,800 coal for 20 Equal Speed Charlie London lol Yikes!!

• Cool 2

[FOG]
Members
643 posts
6,508 battles

I see that they are gone from the Premium Shop and I have not heard any announcements as to any change. It would seem odd that these flags would be ONLY available from the Arsenal versus the Premium Shop.

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,235 battles

This is actually kind of a BIG DEAL! I don't know about everyone else but I save every last bit of coal and steel for ships and though I dont need to buy flags often with the daily crates and mission rewards it is terrible if this is going to be the only method of purchasing flags from now on

• Cool 3

[BOBS_]
Members
47 posts
5,753 battles
4 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

This is actually kind of a BIG DEAL! I don't know about everyone else but I save every last bit of coal and steel for ships and though I dont need to buy flags often with the daily crates and mission rewards it is terrible if this is going to be the only method of purchasing flags from now on

I completely agree with you as I do the same, I'm just surprised I was the first to notice tbh.. 

[WOLF2]
Members
4,564 posts
17,185 battles
4 hours ago, Ethermaster_1 said:

Has anyone noticed that the signal flags (papa papa) and the what not have been removed from the premium shop?

I used to buy them now and again so that I could grind ships much quicker when I had a holiday from the office, but I logged into day to see that they have disappeared.

Is there a reason WG removed them and was there any notice given?

They probably removed them since fewer people need/buy signals during Xmas and it distracts from other offers - consumer overload :)

It makes sense they would have one final push on crates and bundles before they disappear

[WOLF7]
Members
12,298 posts
2 hours ago, DJC_499 said:

I see that they are gone from the Premium Shop and I have not heard any announcements as to any change. It would seem odd that these flags would be ONLY available from the Arsenal versus the Premium Shop.

WG would rather you bought them for doubloons ...:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[FOG]
Members
643 posts
6,508 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I guess they want to have people use doubloons to improve cash flow, but arguably this difference is minimized (or really eliminated) as these are virtual products that are being sold and therefore do not have any inventory or manufacturing costs associated with "real" products.

[CK5]
Members
1,176 posts
11,151 battles
55 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I hope you are wrong, but realize that your explanation could be right on the mark.  Other than a hidden price increase, there doesn't seem much point in yanking signal flags from the Shop in favor of doubloons only as both require real money to purchase.  I buy signal flags from the Premium Shop regularly and hope this is just a temporary outage.    

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
788 posts
29,551 battles
4 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I hope you are wrong, but realize that your explanation could be right on the mark.  Other than a hidden price increase, there doesn't seem much point in yanking signal flags from the Shop in favor of doubloons only as both require real money to purchase.  I buy signal flags from the Premium Shop regularly and hope this is just a temporary outage.    

It's only a hidden price increase if you buy the small quantities of doubloons. if you're buying the larger ones or getting them when they have a sale, you would likely pay less per flag. This is probably a measure to try to reduce the amount of doubloons that players are stockpiling in game. 

[DENY]
Members
8,931 posts
9,950 battles
6 hours ago, DJC_499 said:

They pulled combat flags and consumables from the shop two years ago with no warning and no notice when it happened. WG does things like that, a lot, it's just generally things that no-one really notices, or in this case, needs.

Edit: I mean that in this case, people need the flags, I didnt realize I'd said it the way I did until I came back and read it again. Apologies for that.

Edited by Th3KrimzonD3mon

[BOBS_]
Members
47 posts
5,753 battles

I disagree with you as a player that has done a reroll and know how bad this game is to new player these signals are a lifeline to get up the tech tree quicker!

[HAPPY]
Members
27 posts
3,883 battles

the flag packs were a main source of progression for alot of players who dont mind spending a few bucks, its a crucial item that many many many players who dont even use this forum buy and use, very poor decision by WG to remove them with no notice

[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts

If I recall right, it was perhaps a year ago they removed the ability to purchase the flags in packs of 50 or 100 of just one flavour, all we could do is buy the bulk lot , Flags: All of the Bonuses.

Then after enough complaining in the forums, (including myself) lol they put the individual flag packs back.

Perhaps they're just redoing the shop, or changing up some stuff, but I do think they might make a return.

Perhaps when the new years stuff is over.

We can hope!

[TDR]
Members
16 posts
11,907 battles

This represents a huge increase in cost of the signal flags.

Here are my calculations:

• Zulu - 8 doubloons
  • India Bravo Terrathree - 4 Doubloons
  • Equal Speed Charlie London - 16 Doubloons
  • Zulu Hotel - 6 Doubloons
  • Papa Papa - 8 Doubloons

Total Cost 42 Doubloons - Average cost 8.4 Doubloons

If you bought the big pack of 300 of each flag it was $37.96 (or about).

If you use the buy any amount of Doubloons 8500 Doubloons is $37.96

You get 1500 signal flags (300 of each type) in the big bundle. So the average cost is 8500/1500 = 5.6 Doubloons.

That is an increase of 2.8 Doubloons on average. ((8.4 - 5.6) / 5.6 ) x 100 = 50%

If my calculations are correct that is a 50%  increase in the cost of economic signal flags. 

• Cool 1

[BOBS_]
Members
47 posts
5,753 battles
34 minutes ago, Tahona said:

This represents a huge increase in cost of the signal flags.

Here are my calculations:

• Zulu - 8 doubloons
  • India Bravo Terrathree - 4 Doubloons
  • Equal Speed Charlie London - 16 Doubloons
  • Zulu Hotel - 6 Doubloons
  • Papa Papa - 8 Doubloons

Total Cost 42 Doubloons - Average cost 8.4 Doubloons

If you bought the big pack of 300 of each flag it was $37.96 (or about).

If you use the buy any amount of Doubloons 8500 Doubloons is $37.96

You get 1500 signal flags (300 of each type) in the big bundle. So the average cost is 8500/1500 = 5.6 Doubloons.

That is an increase of 2.8 Doubloons on average. ((8.4 - 5.6) / 5.6 ) x 100 = 50%

If my calculations are correct that is a 50%  increase in the cost of economic signal flags. 

Well done in doing the maths!, that is a rather large increase in the doubloon cost of the signal flags.

Hopefully they will return soon and as PrairiePlayer said only a temporary outage, Hopefully WG will see this thread and comment to let us know!

[P-V-E]
Members
1,366 posts

the Signal Flags - Supreme Pack (300 of each) and the Signal Flags - Ultimate Offer (100 of each) are still on the EU and RU stores but not the NA store, so maybe its just a web store editing error.

though I do note all the other single flag packs have gone from all the stores.