You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

Who are your port queens and bench warmers?

40 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,616 posts
3,631 battles

Sad or boring stories of ships without love? 

Isokaze used to be my bae boat. Now, I can't stand her nerfed form. 

Also bought Blyska on two accounts/for friend, now, she doesn't do much of anything on either. 

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,444 posts
10,195 battles

Ok-Rev, Texas, Diana, Emden, Miaska, Katori, Cambeltown, Yubari...probably forgetting some

Blyska is what I've been playing the most. Blys, Lenny, Haida, z-39... even the Sims once in a while.

Members
4,478 posts
19,839 battles

All of my BBs except Scharnhorst plus my tier 8 Cruisers and DDs.

I find Battleship play to be boring as hell. Waiting a month of Sundays for the guns to load and/or the turrets to rotate onto the target. Endlessly waiting to be able to do something.

And my tier 8 CA/CLs and DDs; Endlessly bottom tiered against a crapload of vastly superior XXXXXXXs. Not fun to play as a result so they collect rust and pigeon crap in port.

• Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles

Too many to list. Pretty much anything Russian, most of my French ships, the majority of my Americans...

The most recent addition to the "no not play under any circumstances" list is PEF.

[RCNW3]
Members
1,942 posts
20,030 battles

Anything tier 4 and below - just not that interested in lower tier play

All my tier 8 ships - sit in port since I am tired of MM

• Cool 1

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,861 posts
4,861 battles

The entire IJN fleet that is not Yamato - this include ARP ships...and anything below tier 5 because they are totally not included in anything.

Members
1,528 posts
11,546 battles

Mikasa and pretty much all T2-3, Sims and most DD's. Lost a lot of interest in that class recently...oh, and Saipan, which I never played(tried for a refund, WG said no).

Beta Testers
898 posts
14,840 battles

Nearly all t6 and lover.

Once you have more tech tree ships 8+ there and you particularly not in real love low tiers playing them is a bit obsolete.

Exceptions: Kamikaze class t5, if you have gremyachny. 

[HINON]
Members
2,640 posts
7,936 battles

ARP ships (excluding Takao and Haruna), Blyska, Aigle, Iowa, FDG, Okt-Rev and Indianapolis are my port Queens.... most of them I've never actually taken out ever lol

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

Indianapolis - Pensacola and New Orleans are just better

Ishizuchi - rather play Arkansas Beta

Duca D'Aosta - it was free, but just yuck!

Kidd - Fletcher and Cossack are just better as DD's, not even a CO trainer as Atlanta is better.

Dallas - rather Pensacola

Krasny Krym - Konigsberg and Omaha are much better for me

ARP Ships - gave me a reason to sell Kongo and Myoko, that is pretty much the only positive thing I can say about these

There are many more that just sit, but if I played lower tiers they would be ok.  The ones above are the standouts.

Members
1,051 posts
4,673 battles

Anything below T10 sits in port. 

Hell, I don't really even play outside CB any more, so you can argue everything. 

Members
4,546 posts

All my DDs, just not fun to play.

T4 and under simply due to mission requirements.

Usually T8 and above due to poor game play at higher tiers.

[PVE]
Members
12,562 posts
26,108 battles

I have a ton of port queens. Some because they just flat out are terrible and some while good/ok ships because I mainly play higher tier now and they are lower but kept for some reason like I have a perma camo. 

Not listing all of them but will list the ones I almost never play  because I generally dislike them, they are really bad, or I just don't click with the playstyle called for...

• IJN - Nagato/Amagi/Atago(+B)
  • BRN - Monarch
  • KM - Yorck
  • RU - Kronshtadt 
  • ITL - Roma
  • FRE - Aigle/Le Terrible

These ships hardly ever get played because I really don't like them. Roma and Kronshtadt are flat out hate and the rest just don't work for me. Again I have a ton of ships in port and many don't get played but other than these I like the others I just have ships I would rather play.

Beta Testers
1,662 posts
10,837 battles

Most of my ships are port queens.  I really only play Kuma, Minekaze, Leander, Fiji, Khab, , so, around 60 sit in the port most of the time.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,909 posts
12,318 battles

New Orleans 

Was my go to ship for three ranked season. Now however at tier 7 and no radar she's collecting rust.

[SALVO]
Members
25,453 posts
27,411 battles
6 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Anything high tier.

My Enterprise in Randoms.

Nearly 200 PvE games in it; ZERO PvP games.

I'm the opposite.  All of my port queens are any ship below tier 5 without exception.  Why?  Because every damned mission in this game seems to have a minimum tier requirement of tier 5, if not higher.  IMO, this limitation really makes it difficult to justify playing my low tier ships.

I will take the time over the next couple of weeks to clear off the snowflakes on my tier 2 through 4 premium ships though, since there is a good reason to do so, even if they don't net all that much coal.  Every little bit helps, and it all adds up.

Members
2,439 posts
5,404 battles

I tired the Indianapolis, but couldn’t make it work. If anything sneezes on you, you lose half your HP. 

[PVE]
Members
4,651 posts
20,562 battles

Let's see:  37 ships owned, and I play 9 of them....  Gifts, rewards, etc......are nice and have a place because "you may just need them" if there are "specific mission, event, campaign, or tier requirements....."  So, they sit till WG creates a need for them.  I've sold just a few ships in the 11 months I've been in-game and they were ships, like the Texas as an example for joining the game, I just couldn't find a reason to like or keep.