kerryyu

how can I progress quicker in WOWS?

12 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
98 battles

for the topic im trying to find out if there is a other way than fighting battles and opening crates to get free experience from WOWS

[WORX]
Members
6,358 posts
16,150 battles

Take adv of the WOWS premium time, along with Premium ship (one that fits your play style).

From there, mount the special flags, and premium camo.

The grind in the game is not that bad compared to say WOWP, WOT, WT.  As long as you use these tools you're good

Edited by Navalpride33

[GWG]
Supertester
22,777 posts
12,773 battles

Premium time will help too but something to remember the top tiers are not necessarily the best tiers and the best most enjoyable play comes more in the middle tiers.

[WOLF5]
Members
2,900 posts
3,206 battles

Nope, you gain experience, even if it's free, by playing battles, which earns you crates. You can boost your experience gained by flying signals and camoes. Premium time is also boosts credits and XP by 65%. You can always convert elite XP (XP on ships with all modules researched) with doubloons. And Premium ships also have higher earnings. Basically you can pay to decrease the number of games you have to play, but you still have to play a significant number of games to get a decent amount of XP.

[MLPVA]
Members
330 posts
3,852 battles
32 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Premium time will help too but something to remember the top tiers are not necessarily the best tiers and the best most enjoyable play comes more in the middle tiers.

This. Don't be in a big hurry to climb up the tiers as fast as possible. Take your time to get to know the game, know your ships, and know how comfortable you are in any given tier. I don't mind high-tier play (as long as I'm top tier), but sometimes it's nice to dip back down to the middle tiers.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,805 posts
9,670 battles

Advancing quickly isnt going to do you, or your teams, any favors. My advice is just play the rounds and learn, you only have 55 rounds, honestly, the last thing you need to be worrying about is advancing up the tiers.

[NOBS]
Members
1,121 posts
8,277 battles
1 hour ago, kerryyu said:

for the topic im trying to find out if there is a other way than fighting battles and opening crates to get free experience from WOWS

Don't be in a hurry, best advice I got was to take my time. Progressing fast just puts you against players with 1000's of battles and 19 pt captains that will pound you. Grind boats to full XP, get some 10 pt captains and hang below tier 8

[SYN]
Members
7,857 posts
13,363 battles

Advancing quickly is only gonna be detrimental to you, just play the game and learn before you go rushing up the tech tree. 

[TBW]
Members
8,593 posts
15,446 battles

Buy the Cossack and div up in operation Dynamo with 4 players and use signals and Camo.

shot-18_10.01_17_14.25-0321.thumb.jpg.d339a79b045b4c17cbdff8f067e537d8.jpg

Different signals will get different results.

shot-18_09.24_23_58.14-0366.thumb.jpg.0435c2b793e3b2c097f77e6cc372df61.jpg

[BTD]
Members
294 posts
11,210 battles

I would say do not buy any premium ships right now.  You will just get into a battle and ppl will most likely recognize you don't have the experience yet and it will turn into some school yard bully show.  There are different metas.  In my opinion Tier 1 to tier 4 is a particular meta, Tier 5 to 7 is the next meta, and 8 and up is the last meta.  All these metas play so different.  For example,  the first meta is super aggressive where as the last meta is situational and many times campy.  I would say just play these low tiers a bit and learn how to dominate them or at least do well.  Then once at tier 5, you will start being able to see more skilled players and really just mess up alot.  It takes alot of time to learn every part of this game,  at least if you are playing different ship classes.  I usually see ppl start as BBs, then eventually move around and at some point do decent with any of them.  But 55 battles aint gonna cut it.  You really just have to play and develop the instincts.  Because once you leave this early tier meta,  it will all start changing.  But stick with it and you will find your niche,

If you want to move up faster than you just have to play better.  Doing more damage, making the right moves, etc.  But it aint gonna happen at 55 battles.  If you are gonna buy anything just do premium time

Edited by Rickjoshi1765