You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Raigoth

Montana or Republique?

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
718 posts

I will be able to get either of these fairly soon. I know they play differently, I was just wondering what everyone thought about them and what their recommendations were for which to get first?

Members
563 posts
16,099 battles

If it were me I’d get Montana. But you really can’t go wrong either way.    I have both and I love both.  They both have very good AA, but Montana’s is a bit better (carrier re-work might make this a moot point though).   They both have guns that hit hard, but Montana has 4 more of them and slightly better range.  They’re both accurate for BBs and on this I’d give a slight nod to Republique.   They have about the same health pool but I think Montana is a bit better armored.  If you like to brawl with secondaries, a full secondary build Republique is a thing to behold. 

Edited by RumpledSteelskins

[WOLF3]
Members
28,141 posts
24,488 battles

Republique is a great BB but I still prefer Montana.

Hard hitting USN 16"/50 guns x12.

Access to APRM2 upgrade that makes her very proficient even at long range.  Dispersion goes to 264m at 23.6km.  And remember, you got 12 shells to help you out in getting hits.

Still a very good 1.9 Sigma.

Waterline Citadel.

Thicker 38mm deck armor that will foil more HE spammers, whereas the 32mm on Republique (and many French and RN Battleships) get eaten alive by HE spammers.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,063 posts
15,031 battles

Taking Repub all the way... if you play CWs and have the Legendary mod, its a wrecker...the Lmod isn't quite as useful in pubs, since there are more ships, bigger maps...the less range that comes w the mod hurts here there.  And I love those secondaries.  I do see the Montana and Repub as very similar ships... fast, hard hitting...Monty - better armor, more guns, Repub faster, better secondaries...then the Monty conceal...IS a big plus.  But I likes my Repub...yes I do!

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,390 posts
4,198 battles

I love the Montana, that broadside is awesome. The AA is scary too, at least for now. And it has good armor and handling. That said, the Republic also interests me (haven't played it). Looks like you play it like a CA, which I like. So hard choice. If you're more a BB guy, go Monty. If you like cruisers more, go Repub. Both IMO are good ships.

Members
909 posts
6,198 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Republique is a great BB but I still prefer Montana.

Hard hitting USN 16"/50 guns x12.

Access to APRM2 upgrade that makes her very proficient even at long range.  Dispersion goes to 264m at 23.6km.  And remember, you got 12 shells to help you out in getting hits.

Still a very good 1.9 Sigma.

Waterline Citadel.

Thicker 38mm deck armor that will foil more HE spammers, whereas the 32mm on Republique (and many French and RN Battleships) get eaten alive by HE spammers.

It’s also important to remember that Yamato divers are probably licking there lips at the sight of republique because they can ignore a lot more of the ship armor because of  the overmatch mechanic. I don’t have Republique yet but I really enjoy Montana. It sounds like you can’t go wrong with eaither ship. 

Edited by Forgottensoldier117

[MKF]
Members
583 posts
20,416 battles

I agree with those who say you cant go wrong either way, I love playing both. If i had to pick one I'd lean Repub a tad

[187]
Members
1,632 posts
12,431 battles

Two different playstyles with these two...Montana is more the brawler Rep is a flanker with the speed boost and the high rate of fire...both can and are brutal to opponents in a match up. Montana for endurance close combat and Republique for hard hitting speedy guns and ship...I have both specd for secondaries...I lean to my Montana for long life and happiness. She can take torpedo hits to that belt like no other BB can.

Edited by C_D