Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
lewellenfawr

Trouble completing the last task in stage 6 (Mighty Prinz)

21 comments in this topic

[DEPVE]
Members
187 posts
13,253 battles

Greetings,
I'm trying to complete the final task in stage 6 of the Mighty Prinz Campaign. I have earned 1,000 base points several times over and the counter does not register them. I and doing the Campaign in co-op. The criteria seem to suggest that any tier 6 - 10 ship will work. I have exited the game and rebooted it... but no luck. The counter refuses to recognize base experience following a win. Any perspective?

Happy New Year to all.

• Funny 1

[JOLLY]
Alpha Tester
568 posts
4,710 battles

Hello lewellenfawr,

I had the same issue in co-op and filled a report. The base XP they talk about in the mission is before even the premium account is applied, it means 1000 raw XP. I got it later in co-op on a great Izumo game.

Best regards.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
18,318 posts
11,324 battles
7 minutes ago, lewellenfawr said:

Greetings,
I'm trying to complete the final task in stage 6 of the Mighty Prinz Campaign. I have earned 1,000 base points several times over and the counter does not register them. I and doing the Campaign in co-op. The criteria seem to suggest that any tier 6 - 10 ship will work. I have exited the game and rebooted it... but no luck. The counter refuses to recognize base experience following a win. Any perspective?

Happy New Year to all.

2 minutes ago, Bl4ckBaron said:

Hello lewellenfawr,

I had the same issue in co-op and filled a report. The base XP they talk about in the mission is before even the premium account is applied, it means 1000 raw XP. I got it later in co-op on a great Izumo game.

Best regards.

This ^^^

It is the base XP before premium time

[WOLFC]
Members
1,385 posts
7,617 battles

It is nigh on impossible for most of us to get a 1K raw XP game in co=op.

You'll have to be slightly more social for a game or two, I'm afraid.  :cap_yes: 

[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,642 posts
7,278 battles
4 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

You'll have to be slightly more social for a game or two, I'm afraid.  :cap_yes: 

Or 20 since it needs to be a win.

[SAVAG]
Members
628 posts

If your stats at the end of the battle indicate you earned 1000 base xp then I'd screen shot that and put it in a ticket.  Other than that you may have to run a random battle here and there just because if the higher earnings income. 

GL m8.

[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
14,750 battles

If you’re a co-op main you’ll just have to bite the bullet and do a game or two in random.  1000 base xp is easily done in random battles.  Especially if you’re team wins.  Middle of the team in a win will most likely do it with some to spare.

[SALVO]
Members
22,909 posts
23,457 battles
1 hour ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

If you’re a co-op main you’ll just have to bite the bullet and do a game or two in random.  1000 base xp is easily done in random battles.  Especially if your team wins.  Middle of the team in a win will most likely do it with some to spare.

The problem is that there are some players who are so stubborn that they'll refuse to play some random battles to complete this mission and get the final reward.  They'll claim that they hate randoms.  And while I think that they probably do dislike randoms, I think that the real problem is that they're just plain stubborn and will refuse to suck it up to get the job done.

Having said that, I think that this particular task isn't a good one as a "final task".  "Final tasks" are gateways that cannot be avoided.  This particular task would have been better used as one of a few where there was an option for coop players to avoid it, because earning 1,000 base XP in coop is exceptionally difficult, and requires a LOT of luck, by which I mean, you need to be "lucky" enough to have a VERY bad team that gives you the opportunity to earn all that base XP.  Even a single player with 6 bots is no guarantee, because friendly bots aren't automatically going to perform badly enough for you to do what you need to do.

[PVE]
Members
18,318 posts
11,324 battles
11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The problem is that there are some players who are so stubborn that they'll refuse to play some random battles to complete this mission and get the final reward.  They'll claim that they hate randoms.  And while I think that they probably do dislike randoms, I think that the real problem is that they're just plain stubborn and will refuse to suck it up to get the job done.

Having said that, I think that this particular task isn't a good one as a "final task".  "Final tasks" are gateways that cannot be avoided.  This particular task would have been better used as one of a few where there was an option for coop players to avoid it, because earning 1,000 base XP in coop is exceptionally difficult, and requires a LOT of luck, by which I mean, you need to be "lucky" enough to have a VERY bad team that gives you the opportunity to earn all that base XP.  Even a single player with 6 bots is no guarantee, because friendly bots aren't automatically going to perform badly enough for you to do what you need to do.

Some people can't for health reasons. There was a period this year, where I could not play PvP for health reasons.

[DEPVE]
Members
187 posts
13,253 battles

Many thanks to all. Rereading the task it seems now obvious.

I played one game in Random. Number three on the winning team with the tier 6 Bayern. Base experience 1081. Final task completed.

...and to all a good night.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,288 posts
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

That is truly funny, I salute you.

If you could possibly see beyond your personal reality bubble, you'd realize that some people simply have no interest in that game mode.

And in what world, does someone play a game for "suck it up to get the job done."

This game is entertainment, sometimes good, often mediocre and sometimes downright rage inducing, inflicting additional stress on that situation isn't what many players in are looking for. If you can't understand that, no one can help you.....

Personally I'm 61, with various health issues due to a couple M/C accidents, on a good day I might get 6-7 games in. Most days less or none. Why would I want to spend those few games in random, where blowouts are a regular occurrence? In 6 games it was rare for me to see one decent game that was actually contested, most are utter trash. I don't find that fun or engaging, many other players feel the same way. So believe it or not, the world doesn't revolve around your world view. 

• Boring 1

[USCC2]
Members
5,055 posts
21 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Stubborn? If someone decides they don't want to play a particular mode then why must their choice be called stubborn? If it doesn't  bother them, then aren't they sticking to their principles?

Your first paragraph seems to be a dig at someone you've probably disagreed with (about this very subject)? 

[AHOY_]
Members
1,021 posts
13,241 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

If you could possibly see beyond your personal reality bubble, you'd realize that some people simply have no interest in that game mode.

And in what world, does someone play a game for "suck it up to get the job done."

This game is entertainment, sometimes good, often mediocre and sometimes downright rage inducing, inflicting additional stress on that situation isn't what many players in are looking for. If you can't understand that, no one can help you.....

Personally I'm 61, with various health issues due to a couple M/C accidents, on a good day I might get 6-7 games in. Most days less or none. Why would I want to spend those few games in random, where blowouts are a regular occurrence? In 6 games it was rare for me to see one decent game that was actually contested, most are utter trash. I don't find that fun or engaging, many other players feel the same way. So believe it or not, the world doesn't revolve around your world view. 

blowouts are every single game in coop. without exception.   there re no good games in coop all are mindless charge and kill slaughters.  FUN blowing stuff up and thats it. losing a game should be just s fun as winning.  its about the time spent.  winning every game u ply is not fun, its kinda boring actually.

i too hurt my arm  awhile  back and could only use one  hand to play so i stuck to BBs which didnt need as much steering to do well.

i played chess back in high school and did not expect to win every game, i had to suck it up and lose  to get better....

[WOLFC]
Members
1,385 posts
7,617 battles
5 minutes ago, Rilak said:

blowouts are every single game in coop. without exception.  

You don't play co op if you think that.

e.g. Lost a full real player vs bot co op game today while trying to get that 200% on a new ship.  Had over 120K in damage in a Pan Asian DD.  Still lost. 

Next attempt, again a co op game, went down to 3 v 3 but we got the win .

High tier in both games was IX, so not a newbie fest either.

[SALVO]
Members
22,909 posts
23,457 battles
3 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Stubborn? If someone decides they don't want to play a particular mode then why must their choice be called stubborn? If it doesn't  bother them, then aren't they sticking to their principles?

Your first paragraph seems to be a dig at someone you've probably disagreed with (about this very subject)? 

I do believe that it's stubbornness. If you want something, in this case, a camo, but are unwilling to suck it up and play a few random battles to do it, it's stubbornness.   One can claim to be doing it on principle, but I will say bull feces.  The decision to play coop vs random is not some high minded principle of great importance in the Grand Scheme of ThingsTM.  It's just a decision of remarkably minor importance.  Look, if someone just prefers to play coop, I don't care.  Heck, I know that some say that they have physical difficulties that make playing more competitively (in randoms) beyond their comfort zone (i.e. they don't feel comfortable inflicting their relative lack of ability on random battles teams).  And that's understandable, and probably rather laudable. 

But if one's only reasons for not playing randoms are not liking the supposedly "toxic environment" or nor liking the meta of random battles, I'm sorry, but in my opinion, that's just silly.  The so-called "toxic environment" is really overblown.  You only see a truly toxic chat maybe 5% of the time. 

As for the meta, give me a break.  The "meta" in co-op can be just as bad, if not worse in its own way.  Let's see what co-op's meta has going for it.  Fools that charge into the bot team and get themselves torped in the first couple minutes.  Oh, yeah, that's such a great thing.  

I play coop a pretty fair amount, so I'm not exactly a hardcore anti-coop type.   But the fact remains that coop is easy mode.   It's little more than naval gunnery target practice against remote controlled drone ships that happen to fire back.  To me, it's not even debatable that coop is easy mode.  When you have a game mode where it's not difficult at all to win more than 90% of the time, it's unquestionably easy.  

[SALVO]
Members
22,909 posts
23,457 battles
4 hours ago, awiggin said:

Maybe if you got your thumb out and read the second paragraph of the post you quoted, you'd have read that I didn't think that it was a good final task.  But the FACT remains that they are not going to change that final task at this late date.  So you have two choices.  One, you CAN suck it up and play some random battles to try to complete the task and earn the camo.  Or two, you can be stubborn and whine about it and refuse to do it, and in the end not get the camo.

And BTW, I'm 59 and I'm also disabled with various health issues.  

As for:

This world, buttercup.

This mission is already set in stone.  It's NOT going change.  You can either do whatever it takes to complete the task so you can get the camo, or not.  If you want the camo enough, sucking it up is exactly what you'd have to do!  It's just a matter of how much you want that camo.  If you really want it, you'll suck it up, and get'er done.  If the camo's not that important to you, you can just let it go.  

HOWEVER, in the future, maybe people can convince WG to not use a task that's so difficult as to be nearly impossible to complete in Coop.  This particular task would have been fine if it hadn't been a final task that couldn't be avoided.  But as a FINAL task, i.e. one which can't be avoided, it wasn't good.  And I've maintained that all along.  Frankly, I don't think that a "win a battle and earn X amount of base XP" is a good final task, because if X is low enough to be reasonably do-able in coop, it would be super simple in randoms.  And if it's set high enough to be a moderate challenge in randoms (like 1,000 BXP), it becomes nigh on impossible to do in coop.  A better final task would have probably been one that was a "counting" task, i.e. one done overe multiple battles.  Something like 30,000 XP, or 10,000 BXP, or 2M damage. Something along those lines.

[USCC2]
Members
5,055 posts
4 hours ago, Crucis said:

I do believe that it's stubbornness. If you want something, in this case, a camo, but are unwilling to suck it up and play a few random battles to do it, it's stubbornness.   One can claim to be doing it on principle, but I will say bull feces.  The decision to play coop vs random is not some high minded principle of great importance in the Grand Scheme of ThingsTM.  It's just a decision of remarkably minor importance.  Look, if someone just prefers to play coop, I don't care.  Heck, I know that some say that they have physical difficulties that make playing more competitively (in randoms) beyond their comfort zone (i.e. they don't feel comfortable inflicting their relative lack of ability on random battles teams).  And that's understandable, and probably rather laudable. 

But if one's only reasons for not playing randoms are not liking the supposedly "toxic environment" or nor liking the meta of random battles, I'm sorry, but in my opinion, that's just silly.  The so-called "toxic environment" is really overblown.  You only see a truly toxic chat maybe 5% of the time. 

As for the meta, give me a break.  The "meta" in co-op can be just as bad, if not worse in its own way.  Let's see what co-op's meta has going for it.  Fools that charge into the bot team and get themselves torped in the first couple minutes.  Oh, yeah, that's such a great thing.  

I play coop a pretty fair amount, so I'm not exactly a hardcore anti-coop type.   But the fact remains that coop is easy mode.   It's little more than naval gunnery target practice against remote controlled drone ships that happen to fire back.  To me, it's not even debatable that coop is easy mode.  When you have a game mode where it's not difficult at all to win more than 90% of the time, it's unquestionably easy.  

Principles are principles - they can be on a minor or major scale, it depends on  the individual. It comes down to the choice of an individual. That you feel the choices some people may make are [edited], is up to you.

In some cases I am sure some are being stubborn - maybe as stubborn as you are being with your own views perhaps?

[SALVO]
Members
22,909 posts
23,457 battles
3 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Principles are principles - they can be on a minor or major scale, it depends on  the individual. It comes down to the choice of an individual. That you feel the choices some people may make are [edited], is up to you.

In some cases I am sure some are being stubborn - maybe as stubborn as you are being with your own views perhaps?

Refusing to play randoms "on principle" is crap.  It's a choice, not a principle.  If you want to make that choice, it's yours to make.  Just don't bother trying to convince me that it's some high minded principle, because it's not.  

[PVE]
Beta Testers
325 posts
4,154 battles

You can also do it with clan battle.  That how i got task 6 done.

[USCC2]
Members
5,055 posts
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Refusing to play randoms "on principle" is crap.  It's a choice, not a principle.  If you want to make that choice, it's yours to make.  Just don't bother trying to convince me that it's some high minded principle, because it's not.  

I just mentioned it is a choice and not sure why you seem to be throwing a tantrum because some choose to make that choice. :Smile_amazed:

Sign in to follow this