Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

Henry IV or Worchester

13 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
1,128 posts
13,418 battles

Which of these is better to research ? I have a Saint Louis, so that is where the research XP is coming from. Worchester is further away, just researched the Seattle with Cleveland XP.

Thanks for the inputs.

• Boring 1

Members
939 posts
6,731 battles
52 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

Which of these is better to research ? I have a Saint Louis, so that is where the research XP is coming from. Worchester is further away, just researched the Seattle with Cleveland XP.

Thanks for the inputs.

Both are good ships in their own regard. The henri is good for flanking and kiting away and shooting from long ranges.

The wooster has high rate of fire and is a fire starter. It has a radar too so you can go up close and give DDs a scare lol.

Depends on what you like. Low detection wooster or long range spamming henri

Wooster has paper armor, henri has high caliber guns with ifhe can pen the moskva too. Ifhe wooster is a monster too

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
1 hour ago, Ericson38 said:

Thanks for the inputs.

I have both and I feel Henry is the better direction. Worcester can do a lot of good things, but she is a very situational ship. She is an ambush hunter, the very thought of pushing with her will terrify you lol. Henry is basically Charles Martel on steroids. Find the biggest thing you can target and give it a paddling.

So it depends what your play style is, as to what direction you want to go

Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles

I prefer my Henri.

There are games in my Worcester where my team abandons my flank, or I'm forced to open water gunboat (Ocean, for example :0) and in those situations the Worcester sucks. She's slow, poorly armored, and her radar doesn't block 18" shells. That being said, she is exceptionally strong when she's strong, so that's a good point.

The Henri, on the other hand can be played on any map, and deals good damage no matter what your team decides to do. I know that some players such as Flamu assert that the Henri has trouble carrying games because of her low DPM, but IMO she's not terrible or even exceptionally bad at that. It only takes one broadsiding cruiser or one exposed DD for you to pop that reload booster and make a significant contribution.

[WORX]
Members
6,505 posts
16,196 battles

As a cruiser cpt, you're not going to like the cruiser play meta in tier 10. My advise, is to stay between tiers 4-7, you will have fun with the cruiser. 

That said, if you like mid range attacks while hugging a rock, then Worcester is your ship of choice. 

The Henri V is more of a long range AP spammer on cruisers, HE spammer for BBs. Mid range like any cruiser you risk deletion.

My advise dont play tier 10. Its not a good tier as a cruiser player to play in.

[R-R-R]
Members
1,031 posts
9,163 battles

Both are good ships. But I think Henri IV is just so much fun right now after addition of reload booster.

I rate her damage dealing potential highest right now among all non-CV ships. You have the speed to get to position fast. You have reload booster to punish any enemy ship that makes a mistake hard. If you know how to alter speed to bait shells, you will be extremely hard to hit and can frustrate the hell out of all those BB players.

[CVA16]
Members
4,066 posts
12,865 battles

One thing to consider is the upcoming CV rework. A flanking Henri will become an isolated favored target for CVs. The Wooster is more likely in an area closer to other friendlies as part of an AA bait ball and has decidedly better AA (which only means something if WG actually makes promised changes to the rework AA),

I have the Henri and am wondering how to play it in a CV heavy environment.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,450 posts
20,530 battles
3 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

One thing to consider is the upcoming CV rework. A flanking Henri will become an isolated favored target for CVs. The Wooster is more likely in an area closer to other friendlies as part of an AA bait ball and has decidedly better AA (which only means something if WG actually makes promised changes to the rework AA),

I have the Henri and am wondering how to play it in a CV heavy environment.

Henri IV actually has a very good AA suite if specc'ed for it.  I'd say DM and Worcester are still better, but HIV's is no slouch.

Of course, that's in the current game, not sure how Henri IV, hell even DM or Worcester will look Post-CV Revamp.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
4,066 posts
12,865 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Henri IV actually has a very good AA suite if specc'ed for it.  I'd say DM and Worcester are still better, but HIV's is no slouch.

Of course, that's in the current game, not sure how Henri IV, hell even DM or Worcester will look Post-CV Revamp.

Agreed. Henri is pretty good currently but not the "stop an attack before it can drop" good like the Wooster can. Also, an AA specced Henri gives up a lot. If the revamp makes CVs ubiquitous, may have to look at an AA spec on lots of ships. A lot of the videos leading up WG announcement that they were looking into the weak AA issue made it look like speccing into AA would be useless anyway.  The bombers always got thru. We shall see.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,450 posts
20,530 battles
15 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Agreed. Henri is pretty good currently but not the "stop an attack before it can drop" good like the Wooster can. Also, an AA specced Henri gives up a lot. If the revamp makes CVs ubiquitous, may have to look at an AA spec on lots of ships. A lot of the videos leading up WG announcement that they were looking into the weak AA issue made it look like speccing into AA would be useless anyway.  The bombers always got thru. We shall see.

Yeah, future is cloudy in AA, we'll see how WG fixes it in relation to the rework.

For me with Henri IV, when I first got her I had an AA Spec.  I felt ASM1 was not necessary.  I did however have MBM3 installed to help with the reload but just as with Saint-Louis in Tier IX, I disliked it.  It slowed the turret traverse, and when you're an Engine Boosting French Cruiser in High Tier trying to be a hard target for some very dangerous BBs to hit you, that traverse grew annoying.  The main problem I had with the traverse on S-L and HIV was that it invited the temptation to stabilize the ship a few more seconds and let the turrets catch up and then fire.  For me, that was when the BBs nailed me.  Even with Expert Marksman helping out.  So, as with Saint-Louis, I put AAGM3 to go alongside AAGM2, and it was hilarious.  Still kept Expert Marksman and made the traverse better for both S-L and HIV.

I still recall with those 2 French Cruisers Engine Boosting around and using my AA to protect the team, provided the distance was reasonable.  The best was when some Taiho was trying to Triple TB a friendly Yamato, but I arrived with my Henri's AA with Defensive Fire in time to put a stop to that.

When you're an AA Cruiser and the CV tries to make a move on your Battleship:

atJWYeW.gif

[CVA16]
Members
4,066 posts
12,865 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I arrived with my Henri's AA with Defensive Fire in time to put a stop to that.

One change that I assume will be carried thru to release is that DF no longer scatters the bombers. Used to be the only reason to take it on some weak AA ships (you still couldn't shoot anything down). Have to see what effect, if any, in the rework. 

[WOLF3]
Members
22,450 posts
20,530 battles
On 1/3/2019 at 4:42 PM, Sabot_100 said:

One change that I assume will be carried thru to release is that DF no longer scatters the bombers. Used to be the only reason to take it on some weak AA ships (you still couldn't shoot anything down). Have to see what effect, if any, in the rework. 

Oh trust me, I am not fond of what WG has done to AA in the CV Rework.  They gutted the sh*t out of it.  Supposedly they are working to improve it, so we'll see.  Either way, they're shoveling this sh*t out in 2.5 weeks.

Sign in to follow this