You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
panther4deuce

What is the most memorable game you had in the last year

11 comments in this topic

[DJLSC]
Members
19 posts
1,930 battles

It is New Years so I thought about some of the games I have had since I began playing WoWS. There are some which stand out because of they were really great games, some because they were total crap, and some just because. I think one of the more memorable games I had this year was not too long ago. It was a tier 5 game I was in the Texas. The game came down to me , a destroyer, and a carrier, against the enemies last battleship. The game  ended on points before we could sink him. It was a good hard fought game, and after the score came up I had done 133000 in damage, received 400000 in silver and 8000 XP.  I was surprised when I saw the score, the game was so good that I just didn't pay attention to anything but hitting the enemy. The other game which I remember was one in which a battleship went to side until he reached the edge, then slowly sailed along the edge the game ended. As far a i can recall he didn't fire at anyone or or get shot at the entire game. So do you have any outstanding games, that you recall?

[BLHK]
Members
558 posts

A memorable game was only the other day. We were on one of the epicenter maps. On the left flank are myself (in a cruiser) another cruiser and BB up against 2 BBs and a DD. One of those snow storms rolls in and all six of us are dropping in and out of visibility with only seconds to react at ranges under 10k.

This duel went on for what seemed for ever before their surviving BB withdrew to the north. We lost a cruiser, I was also badly beaten up, and our BB was relatively unscathed.

For an aracde style video game, it was amazing how intense things got. All I could think was "I just re-fought the Battle Of North Cape" 

[PVE]
Members
4,678 posts
20,617 battles

Epicenter.  The Tier 5 Okhothick DD where I was just trying to not get deleted behind an Island in the center ring and it seems no one ever saw me and I torpedoed 5 ships: killed three outright and two more a little later and never moved more than 300 meters in any direction.......  190K.......and more fun in one game than the previous 6 months combined.....  (pure karma and a whole passel of luck....)

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
14 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

I don't remember. :Smile_hiding:

Me neither.  Except I had too many crappy games in which I failed to do my duty. :Smile_sad:

[WOLF2]
Members
1,653 posts
11,708 battles

The rounds kinda drone on, and the results are usually similar - decent damage, a kill or two.   And if there was a spectacular game, it's generally a one-off.   RNGesus blessed me that game.

I had a fun match in the Nurnberg yesterday to achieve my Mighty Prinz award.  Needed five kills in Nurnburg to get the achievement.    Went out and Krakened it.    That never happens.  My previous couple of attempts ended with me eating citadels, or starting lots of fires, but not impacting the match.

My only other memorable match was in co-op, where THREE friendly bots went pink for torping their buddies (me included).   If they get too many warnings, do they turn orange?  And what mode would they be forced to play?

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles

CV: First game in the Bouge got a me a compliment for never dropping towards friendlies. 

DD: I max range torpedo a cruiser with Campbeltown, but the one shell they managed to sling in retaliation detonated me. I forgot the outcome of that game. 

CA/CL: After spending half the game making bad positions, I enraged the destroyers with Belfast radar. They also confused hydro as more radars so chat got funny.

BB: On Neighbors by A cap, I kited 5 of the enemy ships to the point that we all hugged the wall barrier. By the time they finally killed my Colorado, my team had full map control and won.  

[WOLF7]
Members
236 posts
6,748 battles

I actually had two Very memorable games, one of them in the Kitakaze, where i killed the 4 enemy DD, a cruiser and a BB. By the end i died to a Missouri, It used radar. Besides doing a Lot of damage, It was a loss.

The other one was a victory, we had the points advantage, but Lost lots of ships at the same time, It ended up being me in a Atlanta and a Farragut against 2 BB, 3 Cruisers and a DD. I killed a Pensacola, by fire, then a Fubuki with torps, a Kirov with AP broadside brawling. My DD Took a Lot of Hp from It but died. Then I charged bow on a Texas and killed It with torps too. The game ended, and we won.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,757 battles

Kraken in the Monarch. What started as a casual trip to try and break main battery modules for the Shinonome mission wound up as an all-in brawl with two battleships and a cruiser which (with some help from teammates) I managed to win, while killing all three opponents. With one already sunk before that, the fifth came with a badly crippled Cleveland at the southern mouth of Two Brothers Channel that my only remaining ally was having a lot of trouble putting down for some reason. I backed up and finished him off. Killsteal? Maybe, but given the time my colleague had spent shooting at it while I reversed out of my Notser to get the right angle, I feel no shame in what I did.

This was only my second kraken. Given that the first was in matchmaking so protected there were still bots in randoms, this is the first one I want to admit to. I've come close a couple of times before, so I was very pleased to get it this time.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu