You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HooplaJones

Yet another poll on CV's

If you could, would you press a No CV's button  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Before you went into a match if you had the option would you press the No CV's (Carrier) button.

• Yes I would push that button
    • No I would not push that button

68 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,690 posts
13,632 battles

people have been asking this option for years in WOT for arty, do you honestly think they're going to do something simular for WOWS?:Smile_sceptic:

[KRIEG]
Members
31 posts
815 battles
1 minute ago, BladedPheonix said:

people have been asking this option for years in WOT for arty, do you honestly think they're going to do something simular for WOWS?:Smile_sceptic:

Not familiar with WOT, CV especially at tier 5 is  nuts, you play tier 5 and you are penalized with 2 CV's a side almost every game.  Seriously what company penalizes you with game play they know you do not like? 

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,690 posts
13,632 battles
Just now, Notting_Hill said:

Not familiar with WOT, CV especially at tier 5 is  nuts, you play tier 5 and you are penalized with 2 CV's a side almost every game.  Seriously what company penalizes you with game play they know you do not like? 

shrugs*:fish_aqua:

[CMFRT]
Members
10,386 posts

In the old system, no, I would not push that button.

In the new system about to be shoved down our throats, yes, I would push that button without hesitation.  AA is a complete wreck in the new system, and I refuse to be fodder for WG's pet ship type.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
19,993 battles

With the looks of the CV reworked most definitely YES! The rework is GARBAGE!

In the current CV RTS system! NO!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
627 posts
2 minutes ago, Jakajan said:

I mean if people wanted there to be no dd I bet they would click that button too.

Just a question about CV's nothing else,  if you could, would you?    The rub for me against CV's is that I can't fight back, now they have made the CV's even more powerful than before.    My prediction they will make CV's their PET of the quarter, after 90 days they will start the silent nerfs then say something at the 6 month mark.

Just watch.    

Members
381 posts
18,326 battles
4 minutes ago, Jakajan said:

I mean if people wanted there to be no dd I bet they would click that button too.

True, but why not give customers what they want?  Why not provide incentives for playing battles where all ship classes are allowed?  Giving customers more choices usually results in repeat happy customers that spend more money.

Also, although DDs can be very influential, the ineffectiveness of one DD on a team is not typically as catastrophic as having an AFK/DC'd or completely clueless noob CV on your team (assuming the opposite side has a competent CV driver).

[CUTER]
Members
1,903 posts
7,138 battles
3 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

Just a question about CV's nothing else,  if you could, would you?   

This just made you comedic gold.  

If there was a no-[insert class here] button, you betcha it'd be used early and often for the ships that are countered by said class. No-BB mode would be a blast!

[NNC]
Members
2,102 posts
12,183 battles
Just now, ObnoxiousPotato said:

True, but why not give customers what they want?  Why not provide incentives for playing battles where all ship classes are allowed?  Giving customers more choices usually results in repeat happy customers that spend more money.

Also, although DDs can be very influential, the ineffectiveness of one DD on a team is not typically as catastrophic as having an AFK/DC'd or completely clueless noob CV on your team (assuming the opposite side has a competent CV driver).

smh i was just chilling on the forums till i saw your avatar potato and was like... oh YEH THAT FRIGGIN THING... lol... just wanted to say hi

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
627 posts
3 minutes ago, GE_Capital said:

This just made you comedic gold.  

If there was a no-[insert class here] button, you betcha it'd be used early and often for the ships that are countered by said class. No-BB mode would be a blast!

You are wrong.  I play all the classes except for CV's, for whatever reason the UI just does not respond for me, it is like there is a 2 second lag on commands.  I don't know if that is an issue for you or not, maybe you can adjust a heck of a lot better (IF) you have those problems if you don't then it is a ping war,  either way, 70% WR in any class of ship shows a knowledge of the class against lessers no doubt.  

[NDA]
Supertester
5,296 posts
16,120 battles

Under the current system, Yes I try to avoid Carriers if I'm not in a ship with Good AA and Defensive Fire. For instance if I'm looking at the queue with my Cleveland or DesMoines or Worcester and see Carriers I don't worry that much. They can still be a pain but I at least stand a chance defending my ship for Sky Cancer. 

However, if I'm in a Cruiser with weak AA or Destroyer or Battleship Than I will leave the queue to avoid Carriers if possible. I have been screwed to many times to count by Bad CV team mates, by Super Unicum CV enemy captains and Those unavoidable AP or Triple Torpedo Bomber Squads. 

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles

WoT also have a much higher number of players playing it. WoWS, not so much. The negative impact that CV's are going to have on the player population is going to be interesting. I know myself personally when 8.0 hits i'm going to stop playing for a while to watch how WG deals with this. I hate the current CV iteration and the new one looks even worse.

Right now i'm getting matches at all tiers with no CV's and the matches are a blast. Add a CV and you add a layer of the match that isn't fun at all. WG would rather shoe horn this in and lose players than admit it's something they shouldn't add at all but instead take back to the drawing board until its actually ready.

Getting pretty sick of how unfun some aspects of this game can be and how WG wants to focus so hard on those aspects. Forcing the player base to have CV's around is just stupid. And it will cost WG players in an all ready small group.

I've never ever been in a match where someone says "i wish there was a CV". It just doesn't happen.

But try telling WG that.

• Cool 2

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles

This is the button carriers really need to have pressed:

CVDELETEindex.jpg

• Cool 2

[DPG]
Members
1,723 posts
7,436 battles

It would depend on which ship I was in.  If I'm in a CA/CL then I want the no bbs button.  If I'm in a DD then give me the no CV/CA button.  You get the point.

[K0]
Members
1,728 posts
7,131 battles
6 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

This is the button carriers really need to have pressed:

CVDELETEindex.jpg

People say that the current carriers press that button all the time

Edited by Flashtirade

[PVE]
Members
10,001 posts
18,221 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

In the old system, no, I would not push that button.

In the new system about to be shoved down our throats, yes, I would push that button without hesitation.  AA is a complete wreck in the new system, and I refuse to be fodder for WG's pet ship type.

1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

With the looks of the CV reworked most definitely YES! The rework is GARBAGE!

In the current CV RTS system! NO!

What they said ^^^. I didn't vote because your poll is too generic and doesn't take into account changes coming.

Current system = YES
New Incoming System = NO (from what I see of it and how they gutted AA)

I don't mind CV's in the current system but I do not like what I see of this rework. It might be great for the CV player but it is going to suck for the rest of us with unlimited planes,  multiple attacks one after another from the same squad of planes, and AA from all I have read that has been rendered useless.

By WG's own words they are going to use the regular server to further test and balance the new system. What a horrible idea and what a cluster this will be for the PVP crowd. I feel for those players in all honesty. I just hope the no CV in Co-op carries over from PTS. Although I have been a huge proponent of CV's in Co-op even if a bot because it helps increase rewards I want nothing to do with this new system where the CV is so OP and your AA is so gutted and nerfed it has no chance of defending you.

.EDIT - just saw this video from Zoup where he goes over the total wreck AA is now. IT is horrible what they have done to AA. They best give free Capt respec's and free module changes with this rework when it goes live because AA is useless now. Zoup is in a Monty with AAGM2 and AFT and just gets hit over and over and over again with very few planes down. It's a JOKE! what they have done to the AA with the rework. I wasn't against the nw CV play but gutting the AA is so wrong it's not funny. WG flat out can NOT balance things. All they can do is F them up I guess.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[SPUD1]
Members
44 posts
6,462 battles
1 hour ago, GE_Capital said:

New poll: Would you rather people not make biased threads, or have 100% income tax?

New Poll: Would you rather do the CV Supremacist bidding openly ?, or lube up and have the CV Supremacist force his bidding on you?