You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

What are your bold predictions for WoWS in 2019?

88 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
3,832 posts
9,054 battles

As we get close to the end of 2018, it seems fitting for bold predictions for 2019.

Things which would have seemed impossible to have transpired in this year have come to pass:

• WG added submarines to the game (even if only a Halloween mode)
  • It seems like 2019 is actually going to be the year of the CV as the long promised rework is apparently happening (citation needed... lol)

What are your bold predictions for 2019?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts

Game will continue struggling. WG will continue to shoot themselves in the foot with blue sky ideas that will do nothing but make the game worse.

So business as usual. :Smile_teethhappy:

yLRU7LK.png

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[OO7]
Members
3,832 posts
9,054 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

Game will continue struggling. WG will continue to shoot themselves in the foot with blue sky ideas that will do nothing but make the game worse.

So business as usual. :Smile_teethhappy:

I said bold predictions... :cap_rambo:

[PSP]
Members
10,014 posts
3 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I said bold predictions... :cap_rambo:

I will become a super unicum and rule the leader-boards. :cap_horn:

:Smile_sad: Well, I might break 50% if I try really hard.

I think that we will see a surge in CV play until people decide whether they like the rework or not. We might see submarines in operations too.

Edited by Snargfargle

[JASH]
Members
3,777 posts
11,629 battles

Achieving balance from the reworked CVs, squadrons, ships, their AA, catapult fighters, modules, consumables, skills, etc will take much longer than one or two updates, which is what WG has suggested they believe it will take. I estimate it will take twice as long, if not then longer than that.

Edited by MrKilmister
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
8,126 posts
12,762 battles

The Port UI will be upgraded to take only 4s instead of 8s to respond to every mouse-click.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Members
111 posts
6,054 battles

BOLD PREDICTIONS?

OK, we will get Tier XI ships with Anti-Ship Missiles,

Khabarovsk will be reclassified as a Cruiser,

The Jingles captain will be on sale in the Premium shop for $150.00,

WoWs and WoT will merge and you will be able to shell tanks with 16 inch guns ... but you will still need gold ammo to pen them,

Wargamings master plan will reach fruition, and all CV players will go play World of Warplanes, revitalizing the game.

• Funny 10

[LANCE]
Members
503 posts
4,511 battles

Bold predictions for 2019??? Hmmmm...

- The RN will have a heavy cruiser line added to the tech tree 6months after the release of HMS Exceter. As all RN ships have to have the worst gimmicks, they’ll have a “frogman” consumable that “launches” a group of frogmen to attach HE limpet mines to enemy ships that because they are below the water line, will not explode

- World of Warplanes will merge with WoWs to fill the void of CV “pilots” (pun intended)

- RN still won’t have a CL crew trainer

- Italian DD line will have a special gimmick speed boost that allows them to reverse faster than go forward

- HMS Lightning will switch positions with HMS Daring as it’s realized that it’s a far better Tier 10 ship than HMS Daring

- The “sky will fall” again with a buff/nerf to a certain ship or consumable

- My karma will continue to go up and down faster than a hooooorrrrsss knickers

- I may or may not reach a 48% win rate

- The forum will continue to amuse, amaze and enlighten me

[/hint of sarcasm]

Hope you all have a Happy New Year and hope WG continue to keep this great game filling our spare hours of life :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Members
381 posts
18,303 battles

PREDICTION: Turmoil, frustration, and seeing more friends leave to play other games.

WG:  While attempting to work out the "balance issues" you should make participating in "CV battles" optional.  i.e., allow your customers to indicate whether or not they want to play random/co-op/clan/ranked battles with CVs.  To entice participation, you could offer greater XP or other rewards for playing battles where CVs are allowed.

Side note:  I think having CVs in WoWs is a fundamentally flawed concept if one's goal is to make all ships somewhat balanced.  So good luck with resolving the balance issues (you have a very, very difficult task).

• Cool 1

Members
4,156 posts
15,647 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralQ said:

that the CV rework is going to flop

I predict that the "CV re-work" is either going to be a major fail or it's going to make CVs vastly OPd with no middle ground.

• Cool 3

[P-V-E]
Members
1,346 posts

The CV rework will be a success once all is said and done - in that more people will play that class and that balance will be achieved even if it takes a few months.

We will lose short-sighted people along the way, which will be no great loss (don't let the door hit you on your way out), as new people will come too.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[CHASE]
Beta Testers
338 posts
11,409 battles

there will be a CV re-rework, which will come begin testing near 2020

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
2,028 posts
27,839 battles

Now I don't play CV's, but I do understand the frustration from those who do.  You've put a lot of time into mastering the most difficult type of ship there is to play.  It must be a blow to have to start over.  Having said that....

I think the first week of the CV release will be hilarious!

Everyone one will be a noob!  The AA has been reworked and I don't have a clue how it will function.  So I'm pretty sure there'll be a free captain respec.  This'll probably last a week.  But it's going to take longer than that to get comfortable with the new mechanics. 

And that's not even talking about the CV's themselves.  That's going to be a whole new level of jocularity and back slapping good times.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
Members
10,306 posts

None of my predictions are "bold" or funny.  Not much to laugh at around here these days.

What I do predict is a surge in CV numbers when 0.8.0 hits, followed by a long steady decline in all player numbers as players realize that they're being used to test a fundamentally unworkable new system and that AA has been completely messed up in the process, making them all fodder for WG's new favored class.

• Cool 3

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,259 posts
6,088 battles

US playerbase meltdown when the soviet battleships start stomping everything. 

"they are paper ships,they can't be OP".

CV rework is a disaster,so WG backpedal and say that they are sorry(again) and say they should have listened to feedback(AGAIN),the balance department gets no punishment,like always.

• Cool 3

[SBS]
Members
4,780 posts
2,408 battles
21 minutes ago, b101uk said:

The CV rework will be a success once all is said and done - in that more people will play that class and that balance will be achieved even if it takes a few months.

We will lose short-sighted people along the way, which will be no great loss (don't let the door hit you on your way out), as new people will come too.

For the rework to be a success it needs to increase the player base enough to justify its expense.  I don't know if that will happen in the foreseeable future, if ever.  In the short term I strongly believe the rework will create a net loss of players.  Its hard to say how many players will go, or how long the bleeding of players will last.  At best, my guess is things will stabilize and the rework will be lucky to gain as many new players as those that decide to leave because of CVs.  If that's the case the rework will be a failure and a complete waste of the resources. 

On the flipside, maybe players will like the new meta the rework brings.  I do hope the game ends up being even more fun for everyone, but I'm not terribly optimistic about it.  

• Cool 1

[DDM_]
Members
1,552 posts
4,972 battles

DD players will stop whining about BB players.

BB players will stop whining about DD players.

Cruiser players will stop whining about BB and DD players.

DD players will stop whining about radar.

CV players will stop whining about the re-work.

Everyone except CV players (CV players will be whining about the re-work still) will stop whining about CV players.

Everyone will stop whining about the MM.

• Funny 1

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,094 posts
4,878 battles

More grindy steel ships, bad rng from crates, and some garbage premiums. 

and no Italian line. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
2 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

I predict that the "CV re-work" is either going to be a major fail or it's going to make CVs vastly OPd with no middle ground.

Trying to decipher the various reviews and comments on the CV rework, it's starting to sound like there will be just as large a skill gap as there is now, if not more.

I would imagine players with fast systems and good quick twitch fps skills will avoid the aa, and dominate ships with impunity. The rest? Business as usual. 

I'm becoming convinced this is simply a blue sky change intended to draw a younger crowd, I guess we'll see what happens.

Personally I won't be logging in for a week or so after the update, perhaps far longer, but that will simply leave me have plenty of time to troll the forums and reddit....:Smile_glasses: