Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FBO13

Possible use for Karma

8 comments in this topic

[FRS]
Members
22 posts
6,105 battles

As it stands now, in the eyes of the player base, Karma is just about useless.  Although I agree with a system where players can denounce bad team play, bots, AFK players, misbehavior in chat etc., there is nothing that seems to be done about it.

So, wouldn't it be useful to implement a system for Karma, where lowering your Karma would make it more difficult to obtain desirable items like Super Containers?  Increasing your Karma makes it more possible?  Of course this leaves the door open for the ever present Troll Community to make life interesting for people and leave unfounded reports, or clans boosting their members, but I feel this is an underutilized point in the game and maybe, since some of the player base doesn't have the capacity to be civil in game, then perhaps they could be persuaded to do it punitively.

Just a thought from a common pleb in the game.

• Funny 2
  • Meh 1

[FRS]
Members
22 posts
6,105 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

That would be so easy to abuse.

I said that too, not a perfect system, but something should be done to work with it.  It doesn't have to be done as I suggested, but by discussing it, maybe we can find a method that would work.

• Meh 1

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
23 minutes ago, FBO13 said:

I said that too, not a perfect system, but something should be done to work with it.  It doesn't have to be done as I suggested, but by discussing it, maybe we can find a method that would work.

The whole system needs to be scrapped and redone. There are clans out there that will spam misbehavior in chat reports in battles to impact players. Can't have that type of abusive behavior impact any type of rewards.

[FRS]
Members
22 posts
6,105 battles
1 minute ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

The whole system needs to be scrapped and redone. There are clans out there that will spam misbehavior in chat reports in battles to impact players. Can't have that type of abusive behavior impact any type of rewards.

100% agree with you there.  Unfortunately, there are people that will exploit every aspect of a game just to jerk people around.  I can't help but wonder if there would be a way to install some sort of accountability system to ward off this sort of tactic.  Something as simple as limiting the number of negative reports to make it that there has to be an equal amount of positive compliments?  

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
10 minutes ago, FBO13 said:

100% agree with you there.  Unfortunately, there are people that will exploit every aspect of a game just to jerk people around.  I can't help but wonder if there would be a way to install some sort of accountability system to ward off this sort of tactic.  Something as simple as limiting the number of negative reports to make it that there has to be an equal amount of positive compliments?  

Still too easy to abuse - spam someone you don't like while complimenting someone from a friendly clan. The whole thing needs to be driven by the game awarding karma not players deciding who they like or dislike.

Members
18 posts
17,589 battles
On 12/30/2018 at 9:23 AM, FBO13 said:

Couldn't it be useful to implement a system for Karma, where lowering your Karma would make it more difficult to obtain desirable items like Super Containers?  

The thought of just that likely is the placebo intended; the exploitability would be unacceptable; you had better hope this is not discretely the undisclosed case. 

If anything: negative karma notifications need to be removed-- "Oh, a zero map awareness deep 40-high-30% WR was rustled in the jimmies." The content-as-other-players in the NA 'throw within the first 3 minutes' meta is already more than enough to disincentive session time (and in-game transactions)-- this 'game feature' only adds insult to injury. 

[REEF]
Beta Testers
894 posts
10,836 battles

You all assume that Karma is not being used for something more than advertised.  I mean that would be a great way for WG to let the community police the community and use it for good as they see fit or punishment as they see fit.  Because I would bet big money, at least $20 anyway, that WG assigns each person a FUDGE factor when logging on.  This FUDGE factor determines what kind of a round you are going to have, great, average or terrible!  If I lose 3 games in a row I log off, wait a while and then log back on.  I almost always do better once logged on again.  Then I've had days I just was not on a losing team!  It is just win after win after win and if you look at the player rankings you see the team was stacked in my teams favor.  Coincidence, I think not!

Sign in to follow this