You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Calibre

Ranked Battles and Clan Battles

11 comments in this topic

[ULD]
Members
70 posts
11,279 battles

The more I play, the more query's I have to think about. During the battles of both arenas, I have noticed the Red Men are disappearing quite often causing a lot of major confusion. 

The allies are delivering some good blows to the enemy and then,  suddenly,  the ships are gone ! ! !   Then, from out of the fog comes gunfire. Where the hell are they ? ?

I can't fire on something I can't see and neither can my mates & comrades.  Why can those guys do that,  it's so aggrivating.  When are we allowed to 'fog up' and disappear so the

enemy can't see us ?  They are regular folks like us but they have a major advantage by being gone half the time. Definition of FAIRNESS is : Being treated equally 100% of the time.

Not partial favoritism for one side only."  (not from Websters or similar).

I would also like to request some salient advice for fighting in either battle. Here is one plan I came up with :

When using the chat box on the left of the screen, press the ENTER button, then press the TAB button, then press ENTER again.  This gives us a conversation we, as a team,

can only see as we talk about our maneuvers. The enemy should not be able to see this chat log.  Am I correct ?

As we fight during the clan battles, we try to stay as a group to work on our "focus firing" on the enemy ships.  When we spread out, it becomes a difficult , one sided attempt.

Any strategies for this ??

Also, one last thing,  how can we get 7 guys together to fight and expect some kind of commitment level so we can see them on each  season.  

For this and many other questions I have asked so far, thank you so very much for your expertise and Naval knowledge for these battles.  I really have a lot of fun and have learned a lot of

history about the boats I love as well..

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts

I would really recommend watching some youtube or reading some guides if you're really interested in learning about the game..

Getting to 5k battles and not understanding smoke and detection seems to be normal in this game, but it doesn't make it better for you or the other players...

• Cool 2

Members
6,774 posts
21,175 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I would really recommend watching some youtube or reading some guides if you're really interested in learning about the game..

Getting to 5k battles and not understanding smoke and detection seems to be normal in this game, but it doesn't make it better for you or the other players...

good to have you back. I hated waiting for you to answer on page 3. nice work.

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,581 battles

The point of spreading out is to always have angles on ships that are attacking you. If you don't have angles, you aren't spreading out well. It is very difficult to push without taking massive damage in a clan battle against a team that has meaningful crossfires setup.

Positioning to have vision on enemy ships is also important (and another reason to not ball up your forces).

Members
6,774 posts
21,175 battles
18 minutes ago, Col_Calibre said:

The more I play, the more query's I have to think about. During the battles of both arenas, I have noticed the Red Men are disappearing quite often causing a lot of major confusion. 

The allies are delivering some good blows to the enemy and then,  suddenly,  the ships are gone ! ! !   Then, from out of the fog comes gunfire. Where the hell are they ? ?

I can't fire on something I can't see and neither can my mates & comrades.  Why can those guys do that,  it's so aggrivating.  When are we allowed to 'fog up' and disappear so the

enemy can't see us ?  They are regular folks like us but they have a major advantage by being gone half the time. Definition of FAIRNESS is : Being treated equally 100% of the time.

Not partial favoritism for one side only."  (not from Websters or similar).

There is a reason this happens. You have all the tools in the world to figure it out.

Before the game starts look at both teams and see who can smoke....who can radar... if you are being fired at from smoke.. chances are there is another ship spotting you. Also, make sure you have last known position checked on your mini map, by process of elimination you can usually figure out who is smoking, how long it will last...should you rush it, or run from it.....

Let me give you the real definition of  Fair.     Its where they put a  blue ribbon on a pig. Is it fair to Kate Beckinsale that she never had a shot at me? of course not....

See the source image

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,460 posts
13,610 battles

I have a bunch of clan battles games with comms at the link below. We are a consistent top 10 team on the server. What we are doing might help you.

Another option, send me a few replays, I’ll send you back a video with my advice. If your team or callers are available I might be able to do a lesson on the basics to get you pointed in the right direction. PM me, and we can sort out the details.

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

:cap_hmm:

Some with almost 5k battles not understanding basic game mechanics or a troll baiting a thread... Sadly both are possible lol

[ULD]
Members
70 posts
11,279 battles

You are all very noteworthy about what should be done to makle it more enjoyable. You are totally correct about being a Co-oP player.

The Random battles are of course tougher and have some real jerks playing on there. So revert to the more easy aspect of Bots. Now,

I don't have replays to support our playing so I will suggest a way for us to get into some training rooms for more real looking scenarios.  Our guys

are not great fighters as they want to climb up the ranks and collect points. Much is the same at what I started doing at the beginning.

Thank you all so very much for this and I do see that many of you have scrambled thru some Operations and come thru with flying colors.

Congrats to you.

[BONKS]
Members
1,017 posts
8,744 battles

I have a magic button that makes me invisible to enemy ships. I get reported for that too often lol