Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MrDeaf

RN Directives, Guineas, Dreadnought and a missed opportunity

3 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
15,876 posts
12,803 battles

To keep it brief, I think there was a missed opportunity for WG to sell more Guineas for Dreadnought.

If Dreadnought was like... 4~8 Guineas, players who had completed Cossack, bought the 10 Guineas/$1 deal and had leftover Guineas should have been allowed to buy a Dreadnought from the Arsenal.

The Dreadnought missions were on the tail of the RN directives, which were grindy enough, as well as coinciding with Clan Battles Ranked Sprint, and family oriented Holidays, so I think more than a few people didn't feel like grinding 20days for an iconic, but weak T3 premium.

Had WG allowed Dreadnought to be bought for 4~8 Guineas, I think they would have been able to make more profit, rather than having it bundled with an uninteresting T8 BB that was already expensive enough.

Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles

I got it through the daily mission grind.  It's basically identical to Bellerophon.  Just go buy a Bellerophon, slap the Union Jack camo on it and call it Dreadnaught and you'll basically have the same thing.

edit:  I am not directing my snark at you just so you know.  I'm a little miffed because I got to bed late some evenings trying to get those dailies finished to get a ship that looks pretty much the same and plays almost exactly the same as Bellerophon.  I was hoping it would at least be a little different and/or better.

[TBW]
Members
10,591 posts
18,167 battles

I bought the bundle figuring that I would go for the Doubloons, yet I still tired of the grind and did not accomplish it.

Sign in to follow this