You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Near-obsolete CV advice needed: issue with manual drops

6 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
15,219 posts
9,994 battles

The problem is this, and it sometimes plagues me in autodrop as well. When I attempt to click-drag on the icon on the drop circle to change the axis of the attack, whether bomb or torpedo, it sometimes fails to register and I end up deselecting the attack & aborting it entirely. 

I suspect this may be an issue with my particular mouse, but it is certainly getting on my goat. Is there a hotkey fix or some other way around this?

It usually wouldn't matter with the rework coming, but I still have three weeks to go in which to get at least one carrier-related PEF mission finished.

[5IN]
Beta Testers
37 posts
10,038 battles

With manual drops you want to maneuver your squadron to get the right angle of attack, you shouldn't have time to place the attack and then adjust the circle unless you are auto dropping.

As your planes are moving and you hold the alt key you will see the angle moving as they move, when its right, click and they will drop right away if your doing it right. I hope this helps a little, I wish I could just show you, have you tried looking up any tutorials on youtube?

[HINON]
Members
1,995 posts
19,415 battles

As mentioned above, with manual drop it is best to position the planes prior to the manual drop.  This minimizes your exposure to AA.  You don't want planes circling close to the target.

[RLGN]
Members
12,064 posts
21,629 battles
38 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

As mentioned above, with manual drop it is best to position the planes prior to the manual drop.  This minimizes your exposure to AA.  You don't want planes circling close to the target.

For me of late I’ll approach a bot from the bow, activate for a manual and position for the drop, then wait for the cone to swing to where I want as I pass the ship and trigger the drop.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,219 posts
9,994 battles
5 hours ago, xgamerms999 said:

With manual drops you want to maneuver your squadron to get the right angle of attack, you shouldn't have time to place the attack and then adjust the circle unless you are auto dropping.

As your planes are moving and you hold the alt key you will see the angle moving as they move, when its right, click and they will drop right away if your doing it right. I hope this helps a little, I wish I could just show you, have you tried looking up any tutorials on youtube?

I have tried, but so much has changed since those tutorials were made that I wasn't sure I could rely on them.

I think I know what you are getting at; I will do my best in Independence tonight to put it into effect.

Then there is strafing, but that's a whole other deal. How often do bots do that?