You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

48 comments in this topic

Members
1,023 posts
15,546 battles

Hello,

I have two suggestions!

One would be to have Karma tied to steel somehow.

I think there would be less insults, less BB's at the J line, and the DD mafia might even give you a friendly toot of the horn at the start of the game...

Also, we should have a Dasha Special commander with the following perks:   Adrenaline Rush (mah heart!) + Demolition Expert (iz on fire!)

Dasha Captain.jpg

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 10

[ADD]
Members
38 posts
12,112 battles

I second the motion. At least the Dasha part. Haven’t had coffee yet, so I’ll have to think about steel and karma.

Edited by Boeingboy
No coffee yet

[WOLFB]
Members
3,158 posts
7,378 battles

No Karma is a joke. All you need is one of the players who rushes the enemy and dies then goes and reports everyone for not supporting him. Can you imagine how angry people would get if they lost steel because of someone like that. I watch my Karma because I think its funny and I usually go from plus 5 to negative 1 every few days. I would stop playing this game in a heart beat if my economy where based on what other people thought. 

• Cool 14
  • Meh 1

Members
5,411 posts
10,462 battles

Would really need some serious thought to prevent griefing and clans outright giving themselves steel.  Big clans can just get members to compliment them no matter what they did.

[CK5]
Members
1,454 posts
15,468 battles

I suspect that the Karma system chases some players out of Randoms and into Coop.  Why make things worse?

Members
3,140 posts
584 battles
16 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

No Karma is a joke. All you need is one of the players who rushes the enemy and dies then goes and reports everyone for not supporting him. Can you imagine how angry people would get if they lost steel because of someone like that. I watch my Karma because I think its funny and I usually go from plus 5 to negative 1 every few days. I would stop playing this game in a heart beat if my economy where based on what other people thought. 

5nXewvw.gif

• Funny 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
13 minutes ago, Abides said:

Hi, if you compliment me, I'll compliment you.  You first though...

This is the main problem with tying actual rewards to popularity. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,599 posts

Yes, it make perfect sense to reward players for a meaningless number that is easily manipulated....Oh wait....:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Members
1,023 posts
15,546 battles
20 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Reported.

14 minutes ago, Abides said:

Hi, if you compliment me, I'll compliment you.  You first though...

Yeah..hmm.  I hadn't thought of that.
I was thinking more of a small steel reward for not being a turd.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

I like the idea but if you seriously want to award steel based on karma then it can't be tied to player reports. The whole system would have to be reworked.

For example, karma could be earned through team play like tanking damage for BBs, spotting & spotting damage for DDs, etc. There are many ways it could be done either on an individual game basis or cumulatively.

There may be win conditions tied to it so a BB doesn't charge in to start a battle and accumulate 2m potential damage but dies 5-6 mins into the battle so he can load up another ship and do the same thing match after match.

Maybe WG would consider this in the future.

[A_51]
Members
961 posts
30,684 battles

This is a truly horrible idea that would instantly increase the rage level to 11, and result in numerous players scamming the system to award each other huge amounts of steel. 

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,544 battles
54 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

Hello,

I have two suggestions!

One would be to have Karma tied to steel somehow.

I think there would be less insults, less BB's at the J line, and the DD mafia might even give you a friendly toot of the horn at the start of the game...

Also, we should have a Dasha Special commander with the following perks:   Adrenaline Rush (mah heart!) + Demolition Expert (iz on fire!)

Dasha Captain.jpg

Cute, 

I find your suggestion charming … 

LIKE WE NEED ANOTHER CURRENCY!!!

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles

Reward being tied to Karma: HECK NO! It is a stupid idea, that can be easily abused.

Dasha with boosted skills: Also no. I didn't like that Ovenchik or how ever his name is spelt, received boosted skills. And the reason behind those two skills, though hilarious, I still do not think she should have boosted skills, at all. Now, a special Dasha commander, that can be put onto any ship, regardless of Nation, I would be all for. Her association with WG is enough to warrant her being that kind of special commander.

[BTLST]
Members
661 posts
10,421 battles

Any group of players can manufacture Karma and drive each other's Karma higher and higher.    I recognize that WoWs injected the Karma rating into the game in an attempt to drive down all the nasty and negative players who effect on the other players is more volume than substance.    But in all honesty, I don't believe it was a good idea and needs to be scrubbed.    I don't like censorship but there does need to be some effective method to identify those players who repeatedly disrupt the fun of the game through hurtful, negative, and personal attacks while hiding behind the curtain of a game name.    It is one thing to look another person in the eye face to face and speak in that manner but cowardly and unmanly to do so when hidden.    Sadly some of the worst offenders play together most of the time and enjoy denigrating the play of others who are playing for the enjoyment of the game and trying their best.    I've often wondered if these antagonistic players aren't immature juveniles acting out in a world of mostly adult players.    

Yes they enrage most other players but the best tactic is for us to bite out tongues and refrain from replying which takes away all the enjoyment as that is what they thrive on!  

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,732 battles

It wouldn't be a losing proposition in any case... it would be a system where if you hit intervals of 50 or something, for the first time hitting it a small bonus of steel (100 or something) would be granted. You'd never lose steel.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,567 posts
18,077 battles
25 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Adrenaline Rush (mah heart!) + Demolition Expert (iz on fire!)

Put your flames out, Dasha has someone already and perving on corporate figure heads is crude.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,023 posts
15,546 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Put your flames out, Dasha has someone already and perving on corporate figure heads is crude.

I'm a big fan, meant no disrespect to Dasha or to you mister

Members
1,023 posts
15,546 battles
8 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

It wouldn't be a losing proposition in any case... it would be a system where if you hit intervals of 50 or something, for the first time hitting it a small bonus of steel (100 or something) would be granted. You'd never lose steel.

I understand why some people would not like this, due to the ability to abuse it...

but I like the way you're thinking. :))

[TBW]
Members
10,567 posts
18,077 battles
1 minute ago, Gerbertz said:

I'm a big fan, meant no disrespect to Dasha or to you mister

I agree with you she is beautiful and did not mean to insult or disrespect you either. There are a lot of crude comments I have seen about Dasha so I tend to defend her as I would any woman. After rereading yours it is quite creative and not so degrading as I first thought. I am also for 1000 steel per Karma point, I know it's a ridiculous amount, but hey, I want those ships.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DYNO]
Beta Testers
23 posts

Sorry man, cant agree with linking Karma to Steel because right now some people use the Karma system right.  Most only report really bad violations.  Sadly a large chunk of people intentionally abuse it.

I was *just* in a match where there were 2 or 3 of the most obnoxious juveniles running their mouths off all game, calling everyone who was still alive and trying to win the game every kiddo name in the book.  When we turned the game around and the action slowed down I reminded everyone to scroll up, read the chat and place reports accordingly.....

The kiddos then flamed me, and ripped my karma down quite a bit (Dont care, just saying)....

I survived to the end, capped 3 points and was 4th on the team for score.  My "crime" was pointing out their crimes to everyone else that had to endure their garbage.  This is how the karma system "really" works.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

No, bad idea.

Karma is a bad thing. Most of the times, players dont compliment other players after battles. There are a lot of players that report other players for nothing. 

Members
1,215 posts
3,177 battles
3 hours ago, SaveMeFromTheWeebs said:

Congratulations you just gave a ton of steel to CV players

Other way around. People will ALWAYS report the CV at the end of the match regardless of the outcome.