You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kesh_Lives

Any of you read Russian? (Carrier selling info...)

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
5,940 posts

This is on the PTS, at the bottom left of the inventory, you select, and you get this screen.

Now, I don't have Midway, but I do have the T4, T6, and T8 carriers of USN and IJN.  Why the prices are different, I have no idea...perhaps the Russian text  gives a clue?

Looks like the Sell button doesn't work on PTS, fails on a technical issue, but, that's probably not an important thing for PTS...

image.thumb.png.8fad88a1ce6e4b5d9eaafb2011c42cc4.png

Edited by mavfin87

[BUN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,534 posts
4,616 battles

sadly, I can read cyrillic phonetically, but I can't translate any except the occasional word I remember from my teachings long ago

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,295 posts
22,175 battles

It is supposed to be compensation for XP and monies spent in game.  Likely, different modules make up the cost difference.

[WOLF1]
Members
5,940 posts

Interestingly enough, I forgot to put the upgrade modules on Ryujo, but I did put them on Ranger, and the T4 carriers both have them.

[STW-A]
Members
269 posts

I cannot read or speak Russian, but based on past WarGaming announcements, I can make a guess:

For the question: If you have a Langley, how much XP would you need to get a Ranger?  I think the answer would be 68,000.  And the total credit cost would be 7.85 million.

So for the captain with a Langley, a Bogue, and a Ranger in version 7.12, on arrival of update 8.0, I would anticipate

1. A refund of the XP difference between 7.12 Langley --> Bogue --> Ranger vs. the XP needed for 8.0 Langley --> Ranger.  The refund would be in free XP

2. A refund of the credit difference between 7.12 Langley --> Bogue --> Ranger vs. the credits needed for 8.0 Langley --> Ranger.  The refund would be in free XP.

3. Any silver XP on the Bogue will be transferred to the Erie.  (Tier I ship of the same nation)

4. The option to sell cvs, higher tiers before lower tiers, to receive the credit and free XP amounts as listed above.  (I think there is a typo for the XP on the Hosho-- missing a "0")

5. Option to sell is during update 8.0, but expires for the next update on 21.02.19

(I don't think it's mentioned in the cyrillic, but with the cv modules in 8.0 being so different from the 7.12 version, I would expect automatic selling of all cv modules at full credit prices on the update.  -- just my speculation)

Now comes the fun part, where someone who can actually read Russian can tell me below how close I am :-)

[CLARE]
Members
572 posts
1 hour ago, mavfin87 said:

This is on the PTS, at the bottom left of the inventory, you select, and you get this screen.

Now, I don't have Midway, but I do have the T4, T6, and T8 carriers of USN and IJN.  Why the prices are different, I have no idea...perhaps the Russian text  gives a clue?

Looks like the Sell button doesn't work on PTS, fails on a technical issue, but, that's probably not an important thing for PTS...

image.thumb.png.8fad88a1ce6e4b5d9eaafb2011c42cc4.png

My translation:

(Orange text.)
Important!  Aircraft carriers-temporary category of property, inserted due to changes of aircraft carriers in the game.  Will be available only until 02/21/2019!

(White text.)
Here are shown all of your researched and purchased aircraft carriers.  If you don't like new game play, or you want to complete the whole branch from the biginning to the end again, then using this category you can exchange aircarft carriers that you own for credits and free experience, you also can sell premium aircraft carriers for full price in doubloons.
The full rules of compensation are available at the game portal.

[-KIA-]
Members
819 posts
11,187 battles
Spoiler

Important! Aircraft carriers-a temporary category of property introduced in connection with the global change of aircraft carriers in the game. She will
available only until 21.02.2019!
Here you can see all your studied and acquired aircraft carriers. If you don't like the new gameplay, or you want to pass
the entire branch from beginning to end again, then using this category you can exchange the existing investigated aircraft carriers for
credits and free experience, as well as to sell for the full value of the doubloons premium carriers.
The full rules of compensation can be found on the game portal.
=> VI RANGER
American aircraft carrier
Investigated
and bought
7 850 000
68000 37
=> IV LANGLEY
American aircraft carrier
Investigated
and bought
1 250 000
110. 000 47
=> VI RYUJO
Japanese aircraft carrier
Investigated
and bought
8 600 000
68 000
=> IV HOSHO
Japanese aircraft carrier
Investigated
and bought
1 250 000

I used Yandex (Image Translator)

Edited by Amatsukaze_KaiNi

[LOU1]
Members
4,207 posts
12,359 battles

And this is the NA Developer Bulletin info for reference:

"Compensation
The rules of the changed aircraft carriers are intended to ensure maximum advantage to players, and the general principle is really simple: you have gained an advantage rather than lost something.

All of the old Premium Tier VIII aircraft carriers will be replaced by new Premium Tier VIII aircraft carriers with accumulated XP and Commander's specializations transferred. Premium aircraft carriers Saipan and Kaga will be replaced with the new Premium aircraft carriers Saipan and Kaga, that have been moved to Tier VIII. Again, all accumulated XP and Commander's specializations will be transferred to the new aircraft carriers.

A special category, Aircraft Carriers, will be added to the Inventory to display all of the aircraft carriers you've researched and purchased. If you don't like the new gameplay or would like to research the entire branch from the beginning once again, you can go to this category and exchange the available researchable aircraft carriers for credits and Free XP. Also, you can sell Premium aircraft carriers for their full price in doubloons. Please note: it will be possible to exchange researchable aircraft carriers starting from higher tiers. For example, if you want to convert Ranger, you won't be able to keep higher-tier ships, e.g. Midway, on your account."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-080/

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1