Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Oka_Ruto

HMS Campania in Game?

7 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
666 battles

Hello all!

Recently I was doing some digging on my favorite ocean liner/ aircraft carrier combo, HMS Campania. Built in 1893 as a Cunard Line ocean liner, she was converted into one of the worlds first aircraft carriers. She could carry and launch four float planes.

I honestly think there would be real potential for her in game as a British tier III premium aircraft carrier. With only four aircraft on board, I think it would balance nicely with the weak AA of the lower tiers. I also think her unique launching mechanics could be fun. Definitely would be a very unique ship to play.

IMG_1051.JPG

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

Members
9 posts
666 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

There are no Tier 3 carriers...

And a major rework is coming in about a month

I know that, however there were no tier 2 BBs and we still got Mikasa. I still think it could balance ok at 3 because of the weak AA and only four planes

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,034 battles

I can see it working with a squadron of four planes which attack in groups of two. It would probably have to be bombs only, but at tier 3 that could work too. Just one little FYI though … you have got to know that is the butt ugliest Carrier ever built anywhere.

• Cool 2

[BLEP]
[BLEP]
Members
1,986 posts
15,557 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

I can see it working with a squadron of four planes which attack in groups of two. It would probably have to be bombs only, but at tier 3 that could work too.

I think that's a reasonable possibility.

• Cool 1

Members
9 posts
666 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I can see it working with a squadron of four planes which attack in groups of two. It would probably have to be bombs only, but at tier 3 that could work too.

All very valid points! I could also see the rearming time being a bit on the longer side as the planes had to be hoisted back aboard the ship.

Members
9 posts
666 battles
10 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Just one little FYI though … you have got to know that is the butt ugliest Carrier ever built anywhere.

I suppose I have odd taste X)

Sign in to follow this