You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Pre carrier rework purchase advice.

7 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
15,169 posts
9,943 battles

Starting with the premise that I approve of the rework and will be keeping my carriers, is there any reason why I should NOT buy the Independence right now so as to have her in port and transition to the new T6 US mainline carrier without having to think about it? T4 is going to have some frustrations with not having torpedoes, and I would also like to experience the glory that is Manual Drops for myself on the live server before they go away forever.

Having decided to do that, would you keep or sell Bogue, or should I wait and see what the recompense is going to be before getting rid of her?

• Cool 1

Members
2,486 posts
4,169 battles

Keep Bogue,  if I remember right they are giving free XP and silver for the odd numbers.  Dunno if we're just going to get the T6 version of Ranger if we have the Ranger but I think it's probably just going to be the Indy is going to turn into the Ranger and we'll get reimbursed for the Ranger.

Curious about whether or not I should finish my grind to the Essex though,  just for the free experience from having her.

Members
627 posts
3,208 battles

My advice, wait for the official announcement to know the conversion rules.

• Cool 2

Members
909 posts
5,992 battles

I think you should definitely get independence now. You will lose the independence when the the patch arrives but it should be replaced by the tier 6 version of Ranger. 

Edit: just saw the part about Bouge. You are going to lose her no matter what. WG is considereing bring them back in an alternate line with a different play style but that’s not happening in 8.0. For the time being those ships will just be gone unfortunately. 

Edited by Forgottensoldier117

[WOLF1]
Members
4,741 posts
2,228 battles
27 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

It's what I did from what I remember some free xp was involved.

Go to inventory on PTS, and there's a category at the bottom...but it's in Russian, but it lists your carriers and some free xp.  If I could copy the text and translate it, I would, but it's not highlight-able, so I can't copy/paste it.

So, there should be a category like that on live after 0.8.0, in English.

Edited by mavfin87

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,311 posts
11,640 battles

Get the Independence before the rework hits, it will get swapped for the T6 Ranger, if you're fully researched on the Independence, you should be fully researched on the T6 Ranger when it's all over.

As far as keeping the Bogue around until 0.8.0 when it goes away, you might as well. You'll get silver for it, probably at no worse a rate than you would have got selling it back, and you may get a better rate. Also, if it works as per normal, you'll get the upgrades the Bogue has dismounted for free if you have any installed. The CV specific ones will get refunded or converted, but any Generic ones should end up in your inventory, where you install them on something else.