You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Steeler_Nation_USA

This guys TOP 4 DD's Tier 6-7.

16 comments in this topic

Members
523 posts
6,010 battles

I just wanted to give everyone my opinion on what i consider the best Tier 6-7 DD's which IMO is the best tier overall to play ATM. Take it for what you will but there is not a lot out there on the mid level DD's which i find are awesome. Stat dorks feel free to look me up. IDC. 

1- Haida : So good in SO many ways. Hydro, rolling smoke, 5.7 CE with 12 pt capt (lol). Guns that hit hard as fulckk. It is almost the perfect DD at this tier. You can play it aggressive or if up tiered who cares, just pop rolling smoke and fire. TANKY!

2- Shinonome : It is so fun to be able to just play a DD in the role it was made to: Torp other ships and have a smooth ride while doing so. Fabulous ship with decent HE hitting guns when you need them. Great CE handles well.

3- T-61: Very good at everything especially torp reload. This is a cap contestor, although i don't like the guns that much compared to the above. 

4-  Lennigrad: Fast as F. But guns although accurate are not monsters. Decent Torps, sorta a scouter, capper and end gamer. 

I wanted to put this out since i know some of you want to spend some money and IMO all these ships are awesome and worth the time. 

Of course they are all Premium which is not surprising but hey the whole pay for retraining thing is garbage anyway.

Good luck all. 

[NMKJT]
Members
3,971 posts
20 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

I just wanted to give everyone my opinion on what i consider the best Tier 6-7 DD's which IMO is the best tier overall to play ATM. Take it for what you will but there is not a lot out there on the mid level DD's which i find are awesome. Stat dorks feel free to look me up. IDC. 

1- Haida : So good in SO many ways. Hydro, rolling smoke, 5.7 CE with 12 pt capt (lol). Guns that hit hard as fulckk. It is almost the perfect DD at this tier. You can play it aggressive or if up tiered who cares, just pop rolling smoke and fire. TANKY!

2- Shinonome : It is so fun to be able to just play a DD in the role it was made to: Torp other ships and have a smooth ride while doing so. Fabulous ship with decent HE hitting guns when you need them. Great CE handles well.

3- T-61: Very good at everything especially torp reload. This is a cap contestor, although i don't like the guns that much compared to the above. 

4-  Lennigrad: Fast as F. But guns although accurate are not monsters. Decent Torps, sorta a scouter, capper and end gamer. 

I wanted to put this out since i know some of you want to spend some money and IMO all these ships are awesome and worth the time. 

Of course they are all Premium which is not surprising but hey the whole pay for retraining thing is garbage anyway.

Good luck all. 

I do think it points out to a problem in the game; they are all premium. Wish the tech tree had such balanced designs. 

Members
689 posts
5,687 battles
45 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

Good luck all. 

You're missing a few here IMO.

- Sims: Best all around zone control destroyer. The 4 fletcher guns put out impressive damage against other destroyers, as well as functioning as long range AA to panic planes or even shoot a few down. Learning to play the sims well will teach you how to play the rest of the USN DDs exceptionally well, and excel in other destroyers of similar roles.

- Aigle: T6 khaba. Take IFHE and damage pretty much everything in your MM spread. Go fast. Dodge shells. Farm salt.

- Anshan: Hands down probably the best t6 DD period. You can punish broadside cruisers. You can hurt DDs. The torps and guns are a valid threat to battleships. It's fast. It's hard to hit. It can make its presence known, which not a lot of t6 DD can boast.

- Gallant: Do you like devstriking BBs? Do you like hitting every single torp you launch? Gallant is the scalpel of t6. Make those battleships suffer. Oh, did I mention your guns have an 8% fire chance? Gallant is very stealthy with very stealthy torps. Learn to position and predict enemy movements and Gallant becomes a nightmare for the enemy. Icarus falls here because it's a gallant with 2x more torps but 1km less range.

- Z-39: Woe to the enemy who fears not the Z39. You have t8 DD health, concealment, hydro, and smoke. You have 4 150mm guns that hit HARD on the right targets. You have 8 torps with excellent speed, workable range, excellent concealment, and fast reload. Z-39 is probably the most powerful t7 DD when played right.

- Blyskawica: Demolition expert. AFT. BFT. Farm arsonists. It's really hit or miss (guess they never miss, huh) on how your games will go, as it has fairly low impact unless you really risk yourself against other DDs, but for pissing off capital ships and working from a flank (they either HAVE to shoot you or shoot your team, not both) Blysk is still very strong without stealth fire (but would be really, really great with a small compensation for losing it)."

-Gadjah  Mada / Jervis: Farm reports from salty BB captains who cant aim and don't ever push WASD.

-Perth: Don't tell me Perth isn't a DD when this thing pulls off the dumbest torp kills I have ever seen.
image.thumb.png.d75c2f163a9e22ce0b791cf54de576e5.png

Everything else is either ok but not great: Mahan, Z1, Minsk, Fushun, Farragut, Gaede, Gnevny
Or just really, really not worth your time: Hatsuharu, Fubuki, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Monaghan, Leone (lol it's trash).

28 minutes ago, AbyssAngkor said:

No Akatsuki? How could you?!b68.gif

We're looking for good DDs here. That's why Akatsuki is not in the list.

• Cool 1

Members
523 posts
6,010 battles

This was a top 4 list. Not top 10 but thanks for your opinion. 

Don't see what Anshan brings...T-61 seems a billion times better in what it can do and better CE at T6

Edited by steelers_rule_2018

[WOLF4]
Members
79 posts
14,151 battles

The dd's above have their niche and are good dd's, but i received the Błyskawica from crate and am rather impressed with it.

[CSALT]
Members
1,380 posts

My favorite T6 DD is the Fubuki.  I take it out almost everyday to start or end a session.  I find it relaxing.

Driving the German DDs feels a lot like RN DDs mid-tier, especially the guns.  Lots of hits with less than impreasive damage.  The Germans at least have a large HP pool.

The USN DDs are fun the drive, as is the Leningrad.  They feel like rag top roadsters whem you're in them.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,853 posts
3,584 battles
1 hour ago, Wombatmetal said:

I do think it points out to a problem in the game; they are all premium. Wish the tech tree had such balanced designs. 

To be fair, while Shinonome is premium, it's a freemium.  Campaign reward.

[90TH]
Members
1,096 posts
9,811 battles

Torp boats: Shinonome at T6 is strictly better than Fubuki, IMHO. The T7 Shiratsuyu is the first to get Torpedo Reload Booster, and with little radar at T7, it can be devastating in the right hands.

Gunboats: Don’t miss the Gadja Mahda! Great guns with 360 rotations. And the torps you get generally hit since they are stealthy deep waters.

Edited by n00bot

Members
689 posts
5,687 battles
6 hours ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

This was a top 4 list. Not top 10 but thanks for your opinion. 

Don't see what Anshan brings...T-61 seems a billion times better in what it can do and better CE at T6

Lets take a look.
T61
HULL
HP 14700
Conceal 7.02 (6.1km max)
GUNS
4 128mm
15 ROF
11.64km range
830m/s
6% fire chance 1500 alpha
TORPS
68s reload stock
65 knots
13700 alpha
MANEUVERABILITY
35 knots
600m turn
3.6s rudder
UTILITY
60s smoke
4km hydro

Anshan
HULL
HP 14400
Conceal 7.2 (6.3km max)
GUNS
4 130mm
12 ROF
11.89km range
870m/s
7% fire chance 1900 alpha
TORPS
70s reload stock
65 knots
14400 alpha
MANEUVERABILITY
38 knots
610m turn
4.4s rudder
UTILITY
80s smoke
+50% free XP

So, let's break this down.

Anshan has the NEARLY THE SAME CONCEALMENT as T61 with HARDER HITTING, EASIER TO LAND, EQUALLY FAST FIRING GUNS (take BFT on Anshan, T61 doesn't take BFT). The torps are just as spammable with better damage and the same speed, same detectability. Anshan is faster and can operate further from the team, as well as use smoke firing for 33% longer than T61 (which doesn't fire guns too often).

T61 is only good against bad players and bad battleships who never change course. Anshan is good against all targets because guns will always be more effective at killing things and providing constant pressure than torpedoes.

Edited by The_Painted_Target

Members
4,156 posts
15,647 battles

To me T-61 is the one and only tier 6 DD.

Z-39 is a tier 7 beast when properly played. However, the slow turret rotation and slow loading guns, no matter how powerful and accurate they are, make her a so-so knife fighter. I once got owned by a Sims in a gunfight, he just tore me up. Other DDs with fast firing guns are nasty to Z-39 as well.

Speaking of Sims, she's a damn good bote even with her weak torpedoes. She's practically a mini-Atlanta with smoke in place of Radar. IMHO, if WG was to give Sims better torpedoes I think she'd be more popular. (and sell more)

Haida is a pretty good bote. Her slow torpedo reload with only one launcher is my only complaint about her.

Blyskawica is one of the best gunboat DDs that I've driven. Her guns are very accurate and hit pretty hard for their caliber. Her torpedoes are pretty good too and she's very robust.

Edited by ReddNekk

[SYN]
Members
3,611 posts
19,452 battles

Depends what you want them to do,

For cap control:

T61, Anshan, Gadjah Mada & Sims

For torping :

Shiratsuyu, Akatsuki, Fushun & Fubuki

[WOLF3]
Members
22,426 posts
20,527 battles

At least for Tier VI Destroyers, Tier VI Ranked Sprint 3 is pretty blatant in Premium DDs being better off than their Tech Tree brethren.

VovF90e.jpg

T-61 is pretty obvious as the "Go to Destroyer" in Tier VI.

... Way to go for the Grand Old Lady, Warspite!  Not bad for one of the oldest Premium Ships in the game.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway