You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaliburxZero

WG, your Scrooge is showing.

76 comments in this topic

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,533 posts
10,092 battles

Something I didn't realize until today is the fact that you need to earn 4 mill credits across 6 different nations:  What does this tell me?  Oh, that WG wants every younger player to open their wallets for the "free" PEF who more than likely doesn't have ships across 6 nations, and even if they do... 4 mill credits is alot for those who don't have premiums.  And of the 10 nations you could play, 4 of them demand premium ships.  So what that means is you'd have to be decently established with econ flags and/or premiums to earn her.

Two buddies of mine who are around a few hundred games or so in I was telling them "definitely play to earn a mediocre, but solid premium" pretty much was pointless.  I feel bad for alot of people who will have to grind this out hard to earn her as it will be many and the average player I highly doubt owns a nice premium for so many nations.  For a decent portion I suspect this will be merely outright impossible.

Nothing will be done and this was merely to rant and lament my disappointment, as greed here has been rapidly taking over the pay model for this game and i'm sure some here remembers my thread I posted recently on the matter.  I simply won't recommend this game to interested friends asking for my opinion.

This time of year is a time of giving, but for corporations a time to have dollar signs in their eyes.  At least for those who stop to think about how this was done and how you (WG) as a business have conducted yourselves for this past year, know which side of the fence you stand on.

Truly a shame.

By the way:  I am not F2P, look for yourself and have even purchased PEF.  Just thought i'd add that in.

And for those disagreeing about my opinion:  That's fine, go ahead.  I'm a member of the community and have every right to say what I want on a subject so as long as it isn't insulting/breaking forum rules.  I'm merely here to express my opinion.  If people agree, fantastic.  If people don't, that's fine too.

Edit 2:  Seems there was a thread/poll to leave your opinion, i'll leave that here.

• Cool 12
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 14

[SALVO]
Members
25,513 posts
27,502 battles
7 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

Something I didn't realize until today is the fact that you need to earn 4 mill credits across 6 different nations:  What does this tell me?  Oh, that WG wants every younger player to open their wallets for the "free" PEF who more than likely doesn't have ships across 6 nations, and even if they do... 4 mill credits is alot for those who don't have premiums.  And of the 10 nations you could play, 4 of them demand premium ships.  So what that means is you'd have to be decently established with econ flags and/or premiums to earn her.

Two buddies of mine who are around a few hundred games or so in I was telling them "definitely play to earn a mediocre, but solid premium" pretty much was pointless.  I feel bad for alot of people who will have to grind this out hard to earn her as it will be many and the average player I highly doubt owns a nice premium for so many nations.  For a decent portion I suspect this will be merely outright impossible.

Nothing will be done and this was merely to rant and lament my disappointment, as greed here has been rapidly taking over the pay model for this game and i'm sure some here remembers my thread I posted recently on the matter.  I simply won't recommend this game to interested friends asking for my opinion.

This time of year is a time of giving, but for corporations a time to have dollar signs in their eyes.  At least for those who stop to think about how this was done and how you (WG) as a business have conducted yourselves for this past year, know which side of the fence you stand on.

Truly a shame.

Listen up, Snowflake!  Companies are in business to make money!  They are not in business to be your personal Santa Claus!  Grow the hell up!

• Cool 14
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 16

Members
1,529 posts
11,578 battles

You're complaining about a premium you can earn for free, plus all the camos, credits etc you can get along the way...really?

...why should WG really cater to you, since you appear to be a free-to-play player? Any other business would laugh you out the door in favor of a paying customer. Personally, I think WG can be pretty generous at times, not perfect, but certainly more than most gaming companies.

• Cool 12
  • Meh 5

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
10 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

Truly a shame.

Any player should be able to earn 4 mil in less than a week of playing.  Some in even a day or two.

Get over yourself.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 6

Members
378 posts
14,315 battles
10 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

Something I didn't realize until today is the fact that you need to earn 4 mill credits across 6 different nations:  What does this tell me?  Oh, that WG wants every younger player to open their wallets for the "free" PEF who more than likely doesn't have ships across 6 nations, and even if they do... 4 mill credits is alot for those who don't have premiums.  

its more WG establishing a minimum experience level to get a ship than greed. similar to XP requirements a la Missouri. PEF will get sucked into a lot of T8 matches so some experience is needed....

• Cool 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
2,533 posts
10,092 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

Listen up, Snowflake!  Companies are in business to make money!  They are not in business to be your personal Santa Claus!  Grow the hell up!

Listen up, white knight!  They've always made money, but there are ethics involved in anything you do, making money included.  And I hope you realize for me, I don't even need to worry.

2 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

You're complaining about a premium you can earn for free, plus all the camos, credits etc you can get along the way...really?

...why should WG really cater to you, since you appear to be a free-to-play player? Any other business would laugh you out the door in favor of a paying customer. Personally, I think WG can be pretty generous at times, not perfect, but certainly more than most gaming companies.

Cater to me?  I'm not even talking about me here.  Like most here who are going to post, you just assumed I was a F2P player who is whining about myself.  I'm actually annoyed for the few friends and those in similar situations that are new to the game, don't have premiums, and are in medium-high tiers across maybe 3 lines.  

Nice to assume, though.  And the information to prove if i'm Free to play or not is very easily noticeable and available for you to check.

Anyways, I didn't post now or my last thread breaking down WG's business decisions to gain people's approval (Although the former seems to have) I'm merely posting my thoughts.  Whether you like them or not, means nothing to me.  Its the internet.  Everyone has an opinion and can voice it.  Its as simple as that.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,757 battles
4 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Any player should be able to earn 4 mil in less than a week of playing.  Some in even a day or two.

Get over yourself.

It's not four million in a week; it's four million IN EACH OF SIX NATIONS in a week. That's twenty four million credits.

Good luck with that if your playing time is limited and you haven't had a chance to accumulate many economic flags yet.

I picked PEF up as a prize on a twitch stream last weekend and that worry may be gone for me (PEF can stand in for five of those nations, reducing the grind to eight million in a week, which is more easily doable), but I am fully on board with the people who looked at having to do the full grind and said Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

• Cool 11

[--K--]
[--K--]
2,533 posts
10,092 battles
8 minutes ago, bigalow87 said:

its more WG establishing a minimum experience level to get a ship than greed. similar to XP requirements a la Missouri. PEF will get sucked into a lot of T8 matches so some experience is needed....

Might be a fair reasoning, however this was definitely not the case with Graf Spee or Duke of Yorck, they could definitely be done much easier.  Why over a sudden was an "establishment of minimum experience to earn her" needed this time?  Its not like PEF is harder to play than the other two free premiums, I would even go as far as to say its the easiest of the three (just that I am heavily disappointed with it as I watched it in ST).

To me, this change and "minimum requirement" wreaks of greed, especially by comparison.  I will say though your reason is probably one of the more fair assessments of the situation, however.

• Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
298 posts
7,208 battles

I really don't see this as greed on WG's part at all. They don't have to give us anything, really, besides the F2P game they've already provided for us.

It's all in how you approach the event -- once I saw the mission requirements and knowing the 4th stage would be beyond my available time limit with the credit grind, I just bought the ship. After I complete the grind (which is made far easier since PEF counts for 4 of the credit grind requirements simultaneously), I'll end up with the ship's value in doubloons (essentially netting me a free ship), 5 other Tier 6's with free permacamos from the Prinz Campaign (3 of which I didn't already have, letting me skip half the lines), 2019 units of steel that I otherwise wouldn't have gotten, an additional permacamo for PEF and some premium time from the Belle Epoche collection.

Personally I think that's fair for $32.  YMMV.

• Cool 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
2,533 posts
10,092 battles
2 minutes ago, HTSMetal said:

I really don't see this as greed on WG's part at all. They don't have to give us anything, really, besides the F2P game they've already provided for us.

It's all in how you approach the event -- once I saw the mission requirements and knowing the 4th stage would be beyond my available time limit with the credit grind, I just bought the ship. After I complete the grind (which is made far easier since PEF counts for 4 of the credit grind requirements simultaneously), I'll end up with the ship's value in doubloons (essentially netting me a free ship), 5 other Tier 6's with free permacamos from the Prinz Campaign (3 of which I didn't already have, letting me skip half the lines), 2019 units of steel that I otherwise wouldn't have gotten, an additional permacamo for PEF and some premium time from the Belle Epoche collection.

Personally I think that's fair for $32.  YMMV.

Last reply for me here.  

As I've stated before, I'm not happy for those who are F2P and don't have the income to burn, or younger players who are interested, have even spent money in the game, but simply aren't developed enough in lines to meet this requirement.

I agree with you its fair for 32 bucks.  You're welcome to check, I do own her already.  But you know, apparently i'm strictly F2P complaining for myself.

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,205 posts
14,758 battles

It is a fairly large grind but I don't see the issue. Simply take your best credit earners from six nations and play them. Even for F2P it is not an impossible grind except maybe those that don't have high tier ships.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

WG provides plenty of freebies in general not to mention at least 5 days of free premium time over the holidays, free Santa crates, etc. and the OP is complaining that WG is being greedy...lol.

You have two ways to get the ship - buy it or F2P it and met the requirements. This whole age thing he's trying to promote is a joke. Many older players F2P these ships because they don't have the extra means to purchase it outright either.

So they made this one harder to complete in the final tasks than in the past. It just means everyone playing the F2P will need to utilize all the economic & special flags to increase their battle earnings.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles

I can do 4 million credits in a single day, without any premium time. Give me 6 days (the number of missions you have to complete to complete directive), and I'll have the PEF. The more Challenging nations for me will be France, USSR, Pan-Asian, and Germany, but I can do it. And I'm an average player, just now surpassing 50% win rate.

• Cool 2

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles

I just dont understand how people can call WG greedy on things like this.  It's free.  It's a mediocre T6 BB.  Get it.  Don't get it.  The choice is up to the individual player.

The only investment needed for these type of promotions is time.  And even that time is rewarded with the loot gained from the different directives and for the 4th directive a person will end up with a free ship AND 24 million credits.

Beta Testers
572 posts
11,443 battles

Does the OP not know you can use flags, camo, etc. to get to the 4 million credits?  Flying all econ flags, you can get the entire 6 mission run done with 24 decent games.  I'm not expert, but I've gotten 190000 credits on a well played loss with no econ flags flying, so if I can do it, anyone can do it.

• Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
20,069 posts
12,754 battles
51 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

Truly a shame.

And for those disagreeing about my opinion:  That's fine, go ahead.  I'm a member of the community and have every right to say what I want on a subject so as long as it isn't insulting/breaking forum rules.  I'm merely here to express my opinion.  If people agree, fantastic.  If people don't, that's fine too.

33 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's not four million in a week; it's four million IN EACH OF SIX NATIONS in a week. That's twenty four million credits.

Good luck with that if your playing time is limited and you haven't had a chance to accumulate many economic flags yet.

I picked PEF up as a prize on a twitch stream last weekend and that worry may be gone for me (PEF can stand in for five of those nations, reducing the grind to eight million in a week, which is more easily doable), but I am fully on board with the people who looked at having to do the full grind and said Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Directive IV drops on Jan 9th and the event doesn't end until early morning Jan 22nd. So you have almost two weeks for the 4M credits each from 6 different nations. It will be hard to do in co-op, but should not be as hard in PvP. Especially if you stack credit flags and camo. The missions count gross credits earned, so you don't have to worry about service & ammo costs.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Earning_Credits_and_Experience

Signal flags that boost credits and you can stack all four. XP and first win bonuses don't buff credits. 

Zulu -> +20% credits

Scylla -> +25% credits

Basilisk -> +30% credits

Leviathan -> +20% credits

Camos that boost credits, you have to pick one.

Gamescon -> +50% credits

For Meritorious Service -> +50% credits

Revolutionary -> +30%

10 perma-camo -> +20% credits

FTW -> +20% credits

Ocean Soul -> +20% credits

Hunter -> +20% credits

Blue Lagoon -> +10% credits

• Cool 3

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,115 posts
4,173 battles

While the requirements seem astronomical, I think you can only call it greedy if you're forced to buy something to complete it, like the $1 required to finish the guineas to get the Cossack...that was a tad greedy as there was no alternative after completing the lengthy marathon.  On the other hand, I play MWO, and they recently had "play one match with a match score of at least 50 (super easy) and get 2 free hero mechs, 6.5 mill credits, 1,250 gold, etc."...now they are a class act from Canada that WG has yet to mirror.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
58 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Get over yourself.

I could do that blindfolded, drunk, and half asleep in co-op at tier X lol

• Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,913 posts
11,672 battles
1 hour ago, CaliburxZero said:

Truly a shame.

By the way:  I am not F2P, look for yourself and have even purchased PEF.  Just thought i'd add that in.

Don't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[WOLF1]
Members
2,893 posts

i think OP has a point, yes WG can spec missions however they want, but to put the biggest hurdle in the last step is, sneaky, i hope WG should grow up, not the OP, lol

• Cool 2

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
12 minutes ago, NK_33 said:

Does the OP not know you can use flags, camo, etc. to get to the 4 million credits?  Flying all econ flags, you can get the entire 6 mission run done with 24 decent games.  I'm not expert, but I've gotten 190000 credits on a well played loss with no econ flags flying, so if I can do it, anyone can do it.

Why use logical thought, it derails every rant ever written!!

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles
18 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Directive IV drops on Jan 9th and the event doesn't end until early morning Jan 22nd. So you have almost two weeks for the 4M credits each from 6 different nations. It will be hard to do in co-op, but should not be as hard in PvP. Especially if you stack credit flags and camo. The missions count gross credits earned, so you don't have to worry about service & ammo costs.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Earning_Credits_and_Experience

Signal flags that boost credits and you can stack all four. XP and first win bonuses don't buff credits. 

Zulu -> +20% credits

Scylla -> +25% credits

Basilisk -> +30% credits

Leviathan -> +20% credits

Camos that boost credits, you have to pick one.

Gamescon -> +50% credits

For Meritorious Service -> +50% credits

Revolutionary -> +30%

10 perma-camo -> +20% credits

FTW -> +20% credits

Ocean Soul -> +20% credits

Hunter -> +20% credits

Blue Lagoon -> +10% credits

pfff, who needs credit boosting items? I sure as heck don't. I can use Shimakaze alone, with no credit boosting Camo, and still get 4,000,000 in 2 hours of play (I've done it before)

• Meh 1

[NG-NL]
Members
6,270 posts
10,102 battles
8 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

pfff, who needs credit boosting items? I sure as heck don't. I can use Shimakaze alone, with no credit boosting Camo, and still get 4,000,000 in 2 hours of play (I've done it before)

My experience is generally you need damage, so if have a lot of famine matches (thinking of DD mains), then yeah, getting those credits can be painful.

Members
4,478 posts
19,839 battles
54 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

I just dont understand how people can call WG greedy on things like this.  It's free.  It's a mediocre T6 BB.  Get it.  Don't get it.  The choice is up to the individual player.

Agreed. I don't care if I win it or not. PEF is a BB and all of my BBs except Scharnhorst are Port Queens anyway. PEF would just be one more Port Queen.

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles
17 minutes ago, Reymu said:

My experience is generally you need damage, so if have a lot of famine matches (thinking of DD mains), then yeah, getting those credits can be painful.

This is true. Though it is more important to deal as much damage to a single target as possible. Dealing 1000 damage to a Destroyer, will net you more credits and experience, than 1000 damage to a battleship. That is because 1k damage to a destroyer is a larger chunk of its hp, than it is for a battleship. And everything is about percent damage dealt, not raw damage value.