Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

Freedom Permanent Camo on Cleveland

13 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
1,121 posts
13,364 battles

I appreciate getting this camo and use it all the time, but it is the ugliest looking get up in the camo list for any ship. I play these ships because they look like ships. This one looks like a NY New Years Day parade float with the Eagle around the pilot house.  Big stars down the side. I should wear jewelry so I match it while playin it.

"Oh, look a the ship that pulled into port." "You mean the UGLY American one ?" "Well, it does seem stupid; not inviting that captain over for a drink as I doubt his head would fit through our front door."

Big American ego problem written all over it.

Please issue the Cleveland camo without the cartoon part.

The player developed Measure 21 Camo on the Helena looks real good. I mean real good. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
22,909 posts
23,457 battles
24 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

I appreciate getting this camo and use it all the time, but it is the ugliest looking get up in the camo list for any ship. I play these ships because they look like ships. This one looks like a NY New Years Day parade float with the Eagle around the pilot house.  Big stars down the side. I should wear jewelry so I match it while playin it.

"Oh, look a the ship that pulled into port." "You mean the UGLY American one ?" "Well, it does seem stupid; not inviting that captain over for a drink as I doubt his head would fit through our front door."

Big American ego problem written all over it.

The player developed Measure 21 Camo on the Helena looks real good. I mean real good. 

Dude, for better or worse, there is a portion of the player population that likes these over the top camos.  They're (probably) the same ones who like the anime ships and squeaky girl captains.

As for this specific camo, I don't know if it was created by WGNA or by the developers in St Petersburg (?).  But if it's the latter, it'd be a bit hard to rip the camo for American ego if it was designed by Russians.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
721 posts
5,461 battles
7 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Dude, for better or worse, there is a portion of the player population that likes these over the top camos.  They're (probably) the same ones who like the anime ships and squeaky girl captains.

As for this specific camo, I don't know if it was created by WGNA or by the developers in St Petersburg (?).  But if it's the latter, it'd be a bit hard to rip the camo for American ego if it was designed by Russians.

Russian devs created those camos to appeal to the American ego.  They know us too well

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,909 posts
23,457 battles
1 minute ago, missile742 said:

Russian devs created those camos to appeal to the American ego.  They know us too well

And the very pro-Soviet red and gold camo on the Oktober Revolution doesn't appeal to the Russian/Soviet ego?  Or the maple leaf camo for the Haida doesn't appeal to the Canadian ego?  And so on and so on.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
721 posts
5,461 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

And the very pro-Soviet red and gold camo on the Oktober Revolution doesn't appeal to the Russian/Soviet ego?  Or the maple leaf camo for the Haida doesn't appeal to the Canadian ego?  And so on and so on.

Not disagreeing with u...yes to all of the above.  I also like the Soviet camo due to cold war nostalgia.  However the freedom camos were too much Murica for me

[KRAK]
Members
1,121 posts
13,364 battles
34 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The Canadian one looks real good, also didn't change the profile of the ship into a mascaraed party.

Is there a link to all these permanent camos ?

[MIA-P]
Members
689 posts
7,037 battles
1 hour ago, Ericson38 said:

Not sure if you already know this, but in the bottom right corner of the port there's a little eye symbol where you can turn off all unrealistic camos. The ship will look like it's nude, but you still get all the bonuses.

[KRAK]
Members
1,121 posts
13,364 battles
1 hour ago, senseNOTmade said:

Not sure if you already know this, but in the bottom right corner of the port there's a little eye symbol where you can turn off all unrealistic camos. The ship will look like it's nude, but you still get all the bonuses.

I see that it's light grey when I go through that selection, but I also get a notice that it is dismounted. Also the concealment increased when I went through the eye symbol menu to hide it, under Special/Decorative.

A better version of this camo is Go Navy, for 1500 golds.

Edited by Ericson38

[KRAK]
Members
1,121 posts
13,364 battles

I tried the link for the latest version, but my firewall didn't like it, so didn't pursue it further. 

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
721 posts
5,461 battles
On 12/29/2018 at 3:29 PM, Ericson38 said:

Missile 472, Vandenberg by chance ?

Been there for training — MMII at Ellsworth then back for CDB training to go to Minot

Sign in to follow this