Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kiwi1960

WoWs year in review, they forgot a few stats!

16 comments in this topic

[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

Yeah, nice stats. But they missed a few....

How many bugs were introduced into the game in 2018?
How many of those were fixed, I mean, REALLY fixed?

How much down time players suffered because their update screwed up the game?
How many were turned pink because they got an AFK warning when the game crashed right at the start?

How many CV drivers actually support the "CV rework"?
How many non CV drivers actually support the "CV rework"
"How many know that the words "CV rework" is code for "major game rework, affecting not only CV's but AA on most other ships which MUST have an affect ob playability"?

They MUST know this one..... they MUST have an estimate... any decent company worth their salt would have looked into this...
....How many people will NOT BE HAPPY after the "rework" goes live....
...How many will enjoy flying planes rather than driving ships FOR MORE THAN THREE MONTHS before giving up on CV's as boring?
------------------------They MUST know this... end of the day, it would affect their companies income so... they know!!!!---------------------------------

This list is more of a tongue in cheek look back at the stats for 2018.... right now, with a MAJOR game rework nearly upon us, I'm worried about the NEW bugs that will be there AND how much crap we will have to put up with over many many months while they try to rebalance things.... something they refused to do with JUST the CV's way back when .... so, now we all suffer....

Edited by kiwi1960
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 5

[SFBG]
Members
1,639 posts
9,036 battles

How many posts do we have to endure by people who simply hate Wargaming simply for the sake of hating?

Oh, and, .... In before the... you know.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WGA]
Administrator
206 posts
284 battles

In terms of technical stability and service availability 2018 was much better than previous years! The switch from 3-week to 4-week dev cycle was very helpful.

• Cool 3

[ANB]
Members
84 posts
10,531 battles

Sim...ocorreram números impressionantes...e esta massa de jogadores que geram esta estatística, pode estar em risco com as mudanças propostas para os CVs.

Primeiro, o equilíbrio entre os navios está comprometida como era antes.

Segundo, a forma como os navios especializados em combate AA vai se perder, além do quê, em que mundo um cruzador poderia lançar uma esquadrilha de caças....perderam a originalidade!!

Terceiro, não acredito que será uma mudança bem vinda, visto que tenho visto muitos temores e reclamações da forma como as coisas estão propostas.

E por fim, eu sou um de muitos que devem abortar partidas iniciadas ou ficar AFK se na partida conter CVs da maneira como está sendo proposta.

Sugiro permitir jogar partidas com formatos de CVs de forma antiga ou melhorada, cabendo ao jogador optar por qual maneira, visto que a mudança vá desagradar a muitos, que devem deixar de jogar o World of Warships.

[SOUP]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Modder, Privateers
8,608 posts
1 hour ago, willhorv said:

Translated for the rest of us:

Yes ... impressive numbers have occurred ... and this mass of players who generate this statistic may be at risk with the proposed changes to the CVs.
First, the balance between ships is compromised as it was before.
Second, the way the specialized AA combat ships will get lost in addition to what, in which world a cruiser could launch a squad of fighters .... have lost their originality !!
Thirdly, I do not think it will be a welcome change as I have seen many fears and complaints about how things are proposed.
And lastly, I'm one of many who should abort started games or get AFK if at startup contain CVs in the way it's being proposed.
I suggest to play games with CV formats in an old or improved way, and it is up to the player to choose which way, since the change will displease many who should stop playing the World of Warships.

Sem ofensa a você, mas esta é uma seção em inglês do fórum. Nem todo mundo é paciente o suficiente para traduzir as mensagens, e algumas pessoas ficam completamente irritadas com as línguas estrangeiras.

[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
9 hours ago, OtterWolf said:

How many posts do we have to endure by people who simply hate Wargaming simply for the sake of hating?

Oh, and, .... In before the... you know.

Not really true... I have a few very good reasons for hating them... but I cannot mention any of it as I'd get another posting ban, and seriously, I'm tired of getting them.

Wait till you see my new years resolutions post... I won't be dumping on WoWs anymore... simply put, I don't need to.

You see, I saw the whole thing with Bethesda and EA unfold before my eyes... the rework is unpopular NOW on all four WoWs forums, on YOUtube in the comments, Reddit, Facebook and Twitter....

Honestly, I cannot compete with THAT amount of hate, so, I'll just be sitting back and watching the fireworks start as soon as 0.8.0 drops.

Then again, if 0.8.0. screws up my game like the last 3 updates have, I reserve the right to complain about that because I won't bother waiting 72 hours for a simplistic answer from "Support" that involves my being asked to wait for a non existent patch to fix all the bugs "in a few days".... NOT the the WoWs staff here ever take notice, it seems.

My philosophy on WoWs now is that as they NEVER listen or even bother to read what people say... what is the point... Bethesda is facing lawsuits over its gambling practices... and marking items on sale before they were even sold at a higher price... and I expect WoWs to face the same spotlight...

In fact, Bethesda STOPPED putting things on sale as soon as they came out.... and just have a normal price of what the "sale" price was before.... at least that is being honest.

But, as I said, the new year means I won;t be complaining anymore.... probably too busy laughing at all the heat WoWs is taking.

Oh...if ONLY they had listened to the masses.....

Edited by kiwi1960
  • Boring 4

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,592 posts
10,798 battles
14 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

How many were turned pink because they got an AFK warning when the game crashed right at the start?

I know of at least 1 - me.

14 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

How many CV drivers actually support the "CV rework"?
How many non CV drivers actually support the "CV rework"

They have not said these exact numbers you mention - but they did bring up the results from post test surveys and all. According to them, globally, all servers, etc =

32% of players are fine with the rework, as is

Supposedly, 50% are basically on the fence,  they weren't the clearest with this number but more importantly this number includes players that are demanding certain changes, changes in the same video Wargaming is refusing to make so, might as well be an additional 50% against.

And then 18% out right against it. 

In truth, they don't have anything close to majority support, and even people like Notser, who months ago was all for this rework as the vids have come out is more and more going "wait a minute, this is actually not good what are you guys doing?". Hell watching their own Waterline video on the 8.0 release of this mess there are times the guys on screen seem like in the back of their mind are going "this is really how were trying to spin and sell this crap?". 

[DOG]
Members
448 posts
9,377 battles
5 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

They have not said these exact numbers you mention - but they did bring up the results from post test surveys and all.

Yeah, here's the problem.  The did post- test (I assume this is of PTS participants) surveys.  I did not participate so my opinion is not factored into those numbers (and I wonder what percentage of the total player base DID participate? WG knows but did not disclose.  A "favorable" poll result from a small total sampling is NOT reflective of the overall player base).  I am not a CV player (and have never played a single game) as the play/game style does not appeal to me. I have seen the videos and can safely say that there's NOTHING in the rework that could entice me to play a CV.

However, after watching the latest CV videos I am NOT HAPPY about a CV plane group that can continue to circle and attack ships. It's bad enough now having to worry about and maneuver to (hopefully) avoid torpedo attacks (worse when you get cross-dropped). I have found (for me) to be (somewhat) successful you have to focus on NOTHING but avoiding those planes and their drops (which affects my DPS and potentially makes me a better target for enemy reds).  I cannot imagine enjoying a game where I am constantly under CV attack.

• Cool 1

Members
226 posts
7,580 battles
20 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

This happened to me twice in the last month.  One time I turned pink for three games.  The other time my dear teammate gave me a -1 karma, even though I was able to re-connect in the last minutes, explained in chat what happened, and sunk a destroyer.  Great guy, eh?

I no longer will report someone for being AFK unless it is obvious they are abusing the system.  I think punishing someone excessively for something beyond their control is very cruel.  Pink, loss, and minus karma because their system is unstable (as any on-line system can be) does not seem fair.  This game seems very stable to me overall, but they should not punish theplayer when it is not.

One game I had 2 AFK BB the entire co-op game and 5 bots on our side.  We lost, but I did not report them AFK.  Odds are they were frantically trying to re-connect.

Edited by CommodorePerryIPA

[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
3 hours ago, CommodorePerryIPA said:

This happened to me twice in the last month.  One time I turned pink for three games.  The other time my dear teammate gave me a -1 karma, even though I was able to re-connect in the last minutes, explained in chat what happened, and sunk a destroyer.  Great guy, eh?

I no longer will report someone for being AFK unless it is obvious they are abusing the system.  I think punishing someone excessively for something beyond their control is very cruel.  Pink, loss, and minus karma because their system is unstable (as any on-line system can be) does not seem fair.  This game seems very stable to me overall, but they should not punish theplayer when it is not.

One game I had 2 AFK BB the entire co-op game and 5 bots on our side.  We lost, but I did not report them AFK.  Odds are they were frantically trying to re-connect.

I must admit, I used to report them as well, one MIGHT have been you, but no more... some people deserve it though... 1 guy in an Othotnik sunk two allied ships and had minus 2 next to his name... near the end of another game, an ally fired his torps at an enemy but I happened to be in the way, he didn't care... my Jean Bart took all 6 torps and survived... just.... and I completed the game.

I suggest they change the colours... PINK for TKing etc .... and Brown.... or whatever for being AFK because its not always your fault...

• Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
478 posts
16,069 battles
23 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

How much down time players suffered because their update screwed up the game? - For me 0
How many were turned pink because they got an AFK warning when the game crashed right at the start? - For me 0

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Modder, Privateers
8,608 posts
2 minutes ago, Klaatu_Nicto said:

Naamloos-1.jpg

[PVE]
Members
3,838 posts
22,021 battles

I'm locked out of the PT this round because 3 attempts to start a co-op battle (w/nobody else in them to keep the game going so I could get back in after the DCs) have left me w/so many co-op only battles to play that there's no way for me to earn all of the rewards in time even if the PT would let me back in to play.

Low end video card in my present computer is the culprit I do believe (my laptop managed to fail a safe landing after falling off the table so this is what I'm left with...unfortunately not worthy for CV rework requirements it seems). Doing fine on the regular server for now (well...UI interface results in much longer delays between actions than the laptop but DCs are still allowing me to get back in in time before penalties are applied).

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,592 posts
10,798 battles
17 hours ago, dashtardly said:

Yeah, here's the problem.  The did post- test (I assume this is of PTS participants) surveys.  I did not participate so my opinion is not factored into those numbers (and I wonder what percentage of the total player base DID participate? WG knows but did not disclose.  A "favorable" poll result from a small total sampling is NOT reflective of the overall player base).  I am not a CV player (and have never played a single game) as the play/game style does not appeal to me. I have seen the videos and can safely say that there's NOTHING in the rework that could entice me to play a CV.

However, after watching the latest CV videos I am NOT HAPPY about a CV plane group that can continue to circle and attack ships. It's bad enough now having to worry about and maneuver to (hopefully) avoid torpedo attacks (worse when you get cross-dropped). I have found (for me) to be (somewhat) successful you have to focus on NOTHING but avoiding those planes and their drops (which affects my DPS and potentially makes me a better target for enemy reds).  I cannot imagine enjoying a game where I am constantly under CV attack.

Round 3 of the beta yeah, and even with them manipulating the numbers the most they got is 38% absolutely on board, so they couldn't even get favourable numbers trying to throw out a bunch who stopped because it was boring. The real number is 32 when you add back in what they tossed out. And even as a CV player that second paragraph is one of my issues with it as well - we should not have that capability the way we do. Least with RTS it was 1 and done, much as that needs adjustments too. I'd rather take an alpha damage nerf - which RTS CV's have needed for a while on torps and AP bombs, a slight one maybe to HE, and work back towards my USN CV striking with 6 TB's 1 time, maybe twice if Midway has a 12 plane group. But we should doing 1-2 runs, maybe 3 at the extreme, on a ship and even then just because the attack group is say 12-15 planes with 4-5 attacking at a time. They are trying to say "this isn't a test for consoles" - but public opinion has pretty much turned on them and are doing it anyway, which seems to be more "screw the PC players we'll make the money back on consoles". This rate, they won't learn till the server is reduced to around 4000 players at peak hours instead of 12-16k. By which point, damage done, time to add bots to random battles likely. 

Sign in to follow this