You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gowkahn

Padlocked

18 comments in this topic

[H0PA2]
Members
11 posts
9,775 battles

Putting a padlock on divisions was ridiculous, it constantly locks and you have to keep unlocking it which cost time in battles mainly clan battles. There is no need for a padlock.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,679 posts
35,879 battles

Sure there is. You are in a Div of two, in Discord, and some stranger jumps in unannounced, and without asking permission. Not cool.

• Cool 1

[H0PA2]
Members
11 posts
9,775 battles

discord has nothing to do with this, world of warships, it easy to boot someone out of division channel, but there is  no need for a padlock except to irritate clan members.

[NGA-A]
Members
1,284 posts
7,395 battles
8 minutes ago, gowkahn said:

discord has nothing to do with this, world of warships, it easy to boot someone out of division channel, but there is  no need for a padlock except to irritate clan members.

Or to irritate people with nothing better to do then complain about something that really isn't that bad of an issue.  I'm sorry it takes so much effort to point and click on a little icon.  That's like what, 2 seconds of your life?  I don't think you're going to miss that much in that little amount of time.  But to each his own I guess.  Just don't really think it's all that big of a deal to have to come to the forums about it.  But whatever floats your boat.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

I division by myself and then lock it. Then I go to J10 and pout because nobody loves me. :Smile_sad:

Facetiousness aside, I think people here have explained why the lock feature is available. Perhaps you see someone in the match you want to division with but some random player has filled that slot? There are usually plenty of divisions to go around.   

Members
510 posts
15,037 battles
18 minutes ago, AquaSquirrel said:

Love the padlock feature, very annoying when some rando jumps in uninvited.

I'll second that.    My best buddy and I play WoWs together (co-op).    We division so we're put into the same battles.   But, it's also a time where we get to chat about our interests, the wives (they're BFF's too) and other things.   Very annoying to have some random person jump into our division, and now we have to "sanitize" our conversation, because there's a stranger listening in.     Just another point of view. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,166 posts
14,749 battles

Having it automatically lock was a great idea because if the leader didnd't people could join whether you wanted them or not. It should automatically unlock when going back to port, the only people that can join then are going to be clan mates.

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles
1 hour ago, gowkahn said:

Members of the clan can jump in and out of the division, without worry. The padlock is there to keep those not in the same clan as the Div-commander, from joining the div mid-battle without an invite.

Members
6,754 posts
21,151 battles
57 minutes ago, AquaSquirrel said:

Hey...what you guys doing?

See the source image

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,166 posts
14,749 battles
17 minutes ago, gowkahn said:

my point was directed to in clan divisions, that is where the lock isn't needed or wanted

I understand but if that division is only two players without the lock random players can join. They just need to make it lock going into the queue and unlock when leaving the match. That solves the random unwanted player joining while not interfering with things like swapping out players in CB.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,712 posts
19,894 battles
2 hours ago, gowkahn said:

it easy to boot someone out of division channel

And as long as there's no ability to lock the division, they can invite themselves back in again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again *breeeeeeeeathes* and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again ....

If you don't like the division lock, set it to off and forget it exsits.

For CB, just set it to unlocked. It should remember the state.

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles
31 minutes ago, gowkahn said:

my point was directed to in clan divisions, that is where the lock isn't needed or wanted

The padlock doesn't affect members of the same clan as the div-commander. So if everyone joining the division, is of the same clan, the padlock DOES NOT AFFECT YOU!

The Padlock stops people, mid-battle, from inviting themselves. The only people who can jump into a locked division, mid-battle, uninvited, are those of the same clan, as the division commander.

So a division of strictly clan members, is entirely unaffected by that padlock.

[RAGE]
Members
1,950 posts
8,223 battles

It's annoying because in clan battles it is either automatically locking or our commander has fat fingers and is accidentally locking it that means we can't switch from alpha to bravo if he's not there or leaves early. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,166 posts
14,749 battles
44 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

It's annoying because in clan battles it is either automatically locking or our commander has fat fingers and is accidentally locking it that means we can't switch from alpha to bravo if he's not there or leaves early. 

Yep, and this is why it needs to automatically unlock on leaving battle.

[CNO]
Members
6,078 posts
18,552 battles
3 hours ago, AquaSquirrel said:

• Funny 1

[BUOY]
Members
1,102 posts
15,259 battles

Padlock is a classic case of a great idea in theory but its implementation in the game is quite glitchy what with locking and unlocking seemingly at random and not having a memory with preferences or having the ability to accept clanmates but reject all other attempts and such.

• Cool 1