Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DarkStormy

Texas AA nerf

47 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

231
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,387 battles

I'm just wondering when the AA was nerfed on the Texas, was it even announced?

I haven't played it in a while so decided to play A few games in her yesterday(3 in all).

all three games I was attacked multiple times by squadrons with hardly any shoot downs, even with AA flags.

when the Texas first came out it would wipe entire squadrons from the sky, now I'm lucky to take a single plane,

one game maybe a fluke, but three, no.

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,836
[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

Good question. I seldom take mine out anymore. Too darn slow. Match is decided before I get in range and I’m cursed if i choose  wrong flank at start cuz this turd flexes about as well as a thawed turkey neck. If the AA has gone south then no reason to keep it in port anymore.

Edited by thebigblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
231
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,387 battles
6 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Good question. I seldom take mine out anymore. Too darn slow. Match is decided before I get in range and I’m cursed if i choose  wrong flank at start cuz this turd flexes about as well as a thawed turkey neck. If the AA has gone south then no reason to keep it in port anymore.

Very true. Slow ship, slow reload, powerful guns if you can bring them in range. The only satisfying thing about the Tex was it's awesome AA, and now even that is gone.

 

oh yah it's a pretty good money maker for t5 with Econ flags flying.

Edited by DarkStormy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
624
[SVF]
Members
1,774 posts
2,335 battles
13 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

I'm just wondering when the AA was nerfed on the Texas, was it even announced?

I haven't played it in a while so decided to play A few games in her yesterday(3 in all).

all three games I was attacked multiple times by squadrons with hardly any shoot downs, even with AA flags.

when the Texas first came out it would wipe entire squadrons from the sky, now I'm lucky to take a single plane,

one game maybe a fluke, but three, no.

 

 

Her AA auras still have the same DPS and ranges.  The only nerf in play here imo is that you got a string of bad RNG, that's all.  It happens.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,546 posts
7 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Good question. I seldom take mine out anymore. Too darn slow. Match is decided before I get in range and I’m cursed if i choose  wrong flank at start cuz this turd flexes about as well as a thawed turkey neck. If the AA has gone south then no reason to keep it in port anymore.

How does this happen to people?  I play it all the time and have zero problem getting high scores in it or doing lots of damage, or being out of range.  And that's starting the match at half speed for the first minute or two and rarely having the ship at full speed during the entire match as I'm constantly changing speeds and turning.

As for the AA on the Texas, I noticed even early on that there were matches where I didn't seem to do much.  One question, these squadron attacks, were they done early in the match before you took any damage, or lager on when you took damage.  The way HE is flung around it will easily destroy your AA mounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,836
[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

It’s a situational ship. Maybe you are lucky. Play something where you might actually feel wind in your hair and you will realize how stuck in the mud playing this ship can feel. If not for shredding planes there is no reason to play it vs my Cesare or something German.. Take away the AA then all it’s good for is silver.

Edited by thebigblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
231
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,387 battles
1 minute ago, landcollector said:

Her AA auras still have the same DPS and ranges.  The only nerf in play here imo is that you got a string of bad RNG, that's all.  It happens.

Hmmm. Maybe but I don't think so. 

I may have to experiment a little today, but I'm willing to bet it has been nerfed. I invite others to give it a try today.

WG can put out any number it wants but there is no way for us players to know if it's real or made up.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
65
[PLPT]
Members
214 posts
9,981 battles

I haven't played Texas in awhile, but as far as I can tell the numbers haven't changed. How much damage had you taken? It's possible some, of your AA mounts were destroyed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
231
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,387 battles
6 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

How does this happen to people?  I play it all the time and have zero problem getting high scores in it or doing lots of damage, or being out of range.  And that's starting the match at half speed for the first minute or two and rarely having the ship at full speed during the entire match as I'm constantly changing speeds and turning.

As for the AA on the Texas, I noticed even early on that there were matches where I didn't seem to do much.  One question, these squadron attacks, were they done early in the match before you took any damage, or lager on when you took damage.  The way HE is flung around it will easily destroy your AA mounts.

Being a pretty slow ship most of the air attacks came before I had taken any damage at all, this is what made me feel like it has been nerfed.

I will have to try it out again today, of course now I won't see a CV for a week. Lt Murphy has a way of doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[KWRCN]
Beta Testers
126 posts
6,997 battles

I play my Texas quite a bit, and have noticed no change.  Some games are fine, other games (especially when you have absorbed a large number of HE hits, destroying your mounts.) are less good.  The AA values, as previously stated, are unchanged.  It's a ship whose AA is punished heavily by being HE focused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
231
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,387 battles
2 minutes ago, mdolsen said:

I play my Texas quite a bit, and have noticed no change.  Some games are fine, other games (especially when you have absorbed a large number of HE hits, destroying your mounts.) are less good.  The AA values, as previously stated, are unchanged.  It's a ship whose AA is punished heavily by being HE focused.

Maybe your right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
301
[RBMK]
Members
251 posts
19,728 battles
34 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

I'm just wondering when the AA was nerfed on the Texas, was it even announced?

I haven't played it in a while so decided to play A few games in her yesterday(3 in all).

all three games I was attacked multiple times by squadrons with hardly any shoot downs, even with AA flags.

when the Texas first came out it would wipe entire squadrons from the sky, now I'm lucky to take a single plane,

one game maybe a fluke, but three, no.

 

 

Texas' AA is focused on Mid Range and not Long Range

Therefore, the skill level of the enemy CV really comes into play here as a factor

Texas is also extremely slow and have slow rudder and sluggish turn since its a Battleship.

This means a good carrier player can easily predict your path and drop from longer distances outside the radius of your Mid Ranger AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,901
[SYN]
Members
15,874 posts
12,803 battles

The only nerf Texas got to its AA are RNBBs spamming HE into the superstructure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
560
[-N-]
Members
2,227 posts
14,831 battles
36 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

I'm just wondering when the AA was nerfed on the Texas, was it even announced?

I haven't played it in a while so decided to play A few games in her yesterday(3 in all).

all three games I was attacked multiple times by squadrons with hardly any shoot downs, even with AA flags.

when the Texas first came out it would wipe entire squadrons from the sky, now I'm lucky to take a single plane,

one game maybe a fluke, but three, no.

 

 

First my question is what Tier CVs were you facing?  I have 19 pt Monty AA Captain on mine with the AA mods and Flag pushes her AA rating 80.  If you got bottom Tiered and Faced a T7, yeah you are going to still vulnerable.  Against T6 and below you can eat up a few planes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,248
[RLGN]
Members
14,856 posts
26,403 battles
23 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

If the AA has gone south then no reason to keep it in port anymore.

You keep it in port so you don’t get another one out of a container.

2 minutes ago, mdolsen said:

I play my Texas quite a bit, and have noticed no change.  Some games are fine, other games (especially when you have absorbed a large number of HE hits, destroying your mounts.) are less good.  The AA values, as previously stated, are unchanged.  It's a ship whose AA is punished heavily by being HE focused.

Relying ONLY on AA to defend against air attack is like asking to get hammered. Being with allies and WASD are important as well, especially if your AA has been damaged by HE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[EGO]
Members
4,105 posts

Most of the DPS comes from the 20mm and 40mm guns. Those are easily destroyed by HE. Doesn't even need to be Battleship HE although that can knock off half your AA with 1 salvo. Try and avoid the HE spammers as much as possible.

Edited by CaptainTeddybear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
722
[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,670 posts
20,672 battles

I noticed it was nerfed ever since the MM avoids putting the Texas in matches with carriers. It is the strangest irony I know of with WoWS.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
231
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,387 battles
6 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

Texas' AA is focused on Mid Range and not Long Range

Therefore, the skill level of the enemy CV really comes into play here as a factor

Texas is also extremely slow and have slow rudder and sluggish turn since its a Battleship.

This means a good carrier player can easily predict your path and drop from longer distances outside the radius of your Mid Ranger AA.

I don't think it was that , all my AA was going off even the short range stuff, and I could barely knock down a single plane.

no big deal, I'll give it another go today. Maybe the RNG gods where angry with me last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
209
[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
368 posts
14,436 battles

Bad thing about Texas and at other ship with AA concentration in fragile mounts is that a couple HE shells and goodbye to all your AA effectiveness 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,386
[YORHA]
Members
5,129 posts
10,306 battles
1 minute ago, DarkStormy said:

I don't think it was that , all my AA was going off even the short range stuff, and I could barely knock down a single plane.

no big deal, I'll give it another go today. Maybe the RNG gods where angry with me last night.

1) What tier CV's were you against.  At tier V she is monster.  Tier VI she is good.  Tier VII not so much.

2) How much damage had you AA taken.  It makes a big difference

3) Replay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,921
[PVE]
Members
6,898 posts
22,666 battles
53 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

I haven't played it in a while

How long ago?

Back around the time the US CVs got reduced to just 1 loadout a lot of people were running only IJN CVs but now more are running US CVs again & their planes generally have more HP than IJN planes (especially the T7s).

 

Which brings up another relevant question asked & not answered:

20 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

First my question is what Tier CVs were you facing?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
231
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,387 battles

alright just had a match with 4 cv's all t5 1 USN 1 IJN, A bouge & Zuiho they both flew there planes at, over and around me. grand total of 6 shot down, [when Texas first came out that would have been at least twice that much if not more]

changed out a upgrade so my AA guns where 100% protected, and was flying an AA flag. my AA level is 60.

I'm not ready to start wearing a tinfoil hat yet, but I,m thinking there has been some closed door nerfing going on behind the scenes. 

This is just my humble opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
231
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,387 battles
1 hour ago, custer_14 said:

Bad thing about Texas and at other ship with AA concentration in fragile mounts is that a couple HE shells and goodbye to all your AA effectiveness 

Theirs an App for that" Auxiliary armaments mod 1"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
231
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,387 battles
1 hour ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

I noticed it was nerfed ever since the MM avoids putting the Texas in matches with carriers. It is the strangest irony I know of with WoWS.

You don't need to worry about that now, more Cv's than I've seen in over a year, many matches have 4.

lots of players grinding there way up the tree to get some free Xp trade in when the rework hits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles

The nerf to Texas's AA is called RN BB HE. One hit from a large diameter shell like that can peel away 10 or even 20 AA mounts, since they are relatively fragile and placed in clusters.

When Texas first came out, basically all the HE you saw was DD and some cruisers, which could still kill mounts, but not in the giant swaths that BB HE can. I've stripped 40+ mounts off in a single salvo with my Nelson, knocking the AA flat in just a few seconds.

 

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×