You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BearlyHereBear

Rediscovered Boats due to Snowflakes

25 comments in this topic

[BSL]
Members
1,231 posts
21,331 battles

So you're knockin Snowflakes off your boats and take out a few you haven't played in a while (maybe years like me).   What have you found surprisingly successful with? (Mikasa is not allowed!)

Campbelltown  & Pearth were a couple of mine.:cap_win:

• Cool 3

[-SF-]
Members
317 posts
5,076 battles

Gotta be the Neptune, haven't played her since unlocking the Mino.. forgot how fun the Neptune could be. 

[O_O]
Members
6,769 posts
16,213 battles

New Mexico.  I haven't played her since getting Arizona, but still have her because I earned her back for free (and with a permanent camo) during one of the campaigns.

She is slow, sure.  Her dispersion can be kind of wild.  But, when you get a tight group and you are on target...BLAP.  Pain and suffering for the reds.

I remembered why she used to be one of my favorite battleships.

[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,976 battles
1 hour ago, BearlyHereBear said:

So you're knockin Snowflakes off your boats and take out a few you haven't played in a while (maybe years like me).   What have you found surprisingly successful with? (Mikasa is not allowed!)

Campbelltown  & Pearth were a couple of mine.:cap_win:

Okhotnik - 2 mins, bot battleships, 112k damage, still alive. 

100% hilarious chaos and fun.  

• Funny 1

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,387 battles

I found out that the AA on the Texas has been nerfed into oblivion.

[BSL]
Members
1,231 posts
21,331 battles
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

Taichebana, how awful that thing is at tier2

sold it and earned the Lima so I kept it.

[BSL]
Members
1,231 posts
21,331 battles
24 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

Yep, happened to me too....:Smile_hiding:

[EGO]
Members
4,105 posts
24 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

My AA rating is 80. How was it nerfed?

That's quite a lot at Tier 5. More than double Guilio Cesare and Oktober Revolution.

Edited by CaptainTeddybear

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,387 battles
1 minute ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

That's quite a lot at Tier 5. More than double Guilio Cesare and Oktober Revolution.

Maybe I got some seriously bad RNG last night, but it sure felt nerfed to me.

[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,976 battles
7 hours ago, Crokodone said:

What?!!? It’s amazing - torps reload every 20 seconds!

I got my max damage in at tier at about 74k in the Tachibana Lima. 

[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,976 battles
6 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

6 hours ago, DarkStormy said:

Maybe I got some seriously bad RNG last night, but it sure felt nerfed to me.

HE spam, but particularly BB HE spam, really rips the AA off the Texas, as most of it is in 40mm bofors mounts. That could be why it felt nerfed. 

Also, the bulk of the AA is fairly short ranged - 4.5 km or so...

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,840 posts
4,733 battles
9 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Dallas.  What a hoot!

Yep.  Omaha is fun too.  I hadn't played it since unlocking Dallas (and I'm up to Seattle now).

Actually, I've been having fun, and sometimes considerable success, in the mid-tier DDs that I've almost stopped playing. Now I think that should change.

• Cool 1

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles
  • Tachibana was an interesting gunboat, but not something I would play often. 
  • Having played several battleships now Dunkerque has seemed to have lost it's luster for me. The Fleur D'Acier camo is still pretty, but I've moved on.
  • Aurora is still as fun to play as ever. Still my Atlanta Lite. Not that I own an Atlanta though.  
  • Perth is still as fun as ever, though oddly enough I lean towards Huang He. I really like the Russian ballistics.
  • Warspite is more accurate than I remember her being. Big success in randoms and Rank Sprint. May use her more often.
  • Campbeltown was also interesting to go back to. I've been so used to playing DD gunboats that i've been rather spicy with the gun, but I can feel the flaw too. Fun torpedo boat though, and the standard smoke is nice. Though her still being my personal mascot is now in question.
    Spoiler

5ZIBahA.png

• Farragut is a better destroyer than I remember her being. Was fun to play again. Love the New Year's camo. 
  • Leander was also interesting, though my poor positioning prevented me from getting good results. Love the New Year's camo. 
  • Belfast, after moving past the fear of disappointing my team, is gross to play. Those poor tin cans. 
  • Since putting more focus on grinding the tech tree battleships, I finally played Alabama again. Still as great as I remember her being. Much love. 
  • Oh boy the IJN cruiser buff. Never before have I two shotted several ships in a row. Though before that was figuring out what builds I had on my ARP ships. Kongo is still nice to play. Before Haruna's camo scheme was my favorite, now I prefer Kirishima's green. So there's that. 

[WOLF9]
Members
4,650 posts

RE- discovered:   Katori;  Colorado;  Aurora; De Grasse; La Gal. (and whatever the tier 5 Frenchie is called, lol)

Discovered:  I had a huge, whopping bunch of ships just sitting there, never played that qualified.  A couple that I remember being hella fun- despite recieving oodles and oodles of negative reviews:

Ashitaka.  I've never been much of a fan of IJN BB's, but this ship is alright!!)

Huang He  I was quite surprised at how fun and effective this was.

Perth.   ditto^

Fuso.  FINALLY took it out- totally stock, cuz I'm cheap- and actually liked it.  Felt the most battleship-like of any IJN BB I'd played to date.  I played this one before Ashitaka.   

To be fair, Colorado did get played AFTER several attempts to get anything resembling a good game out of WV 41...  Night and day difference, and I was reminded of WHY I ground it's captain all the way up to 19 points.

Also, I don't remember Aurora being able to inflict THAT much punishment on enemy teams...  (Of course, I have at least 2 year's more experience under my belt since the last time I tried to play it...)

Same with the Frenchies.  The tier 5, yes- I knew it was good.  However, I think my recent grinding in the US CL line has made me a better player in the ultra squishy French tier 6's.

I gotta agree with the posters who mentioned Farragut.   Easily one of my favorite USN DD's.  I hadn't played it in forever, and thoroughly enjoyed my jaunt in it!    Mahan and Sims were every bit as good as I remembered, too.

[BSL]
Members
1,231 posts
21,331 battles

Thanks guys for sharing your experiences.  I just wanted a chance to encourage each other to remember our childhood is not quite the way we see it as adults!

Play on PIRATES!!!!:Smile_izmena:

[WOLF1]
Members
5,972 posts
13 hours ago, Crokodone said:

Yes, with a 12 point captain, many giggles ensued.  4.7 km concealment...

[WOLF1]
Members
5,972 posts
2 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Also, I don't remember Aurora being able to inflict THAT much punishment on enemy teams...  (Of course, I have at least 2 year's more experience under my belt since the last time I tried to play it...).

Yeah, I don't remember Ishizuchi kicking the crap out of things, either, but it did this time.

Members
2,646 posts
4,301 battles

Mika-oh.  Uh...Indianapolis.  Or Atlanta.  I actually won the Atlanta a while back and never gave her a shot,  but she was uh,  she was pretty funny to use.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,840 posts
4,733 battles
4 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

and whatever the tier 5 Frenchie is called, lol)

Emile Bertin.  I liked it too.