Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chobittsu

Neustrashimy sighted in the wild

12 comments in this topic

[SOUP]
Modder
8,813 posts

While patrolling the waters of North, I saw something that had me confused
shot-18.12.29_04.06.png

Normally I watch devblogs and notices pretty close but this lil boat slipped right past my watchful eye.
%D0%9D%D0%B5%D1%83%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%

From what I saw her guns have a nice little punch but most of her firepower seems to be in the torpedos.

Two twin 130mm guns, 4 second reload, 13km range
Two quintuple-tube launchers,  131 second reload, 9.99km range....they couldn't spring for the extra .01
36 knots, 7km detectability. 

I'd call her a support destroyer, but time and testing will tell

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,743 posts
4 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

inb4 another DD to nerf the  IJN torpedoboat line because WG hates IJN DDs

RU DD!!

dont let the shimyy bit fool you.

[SOUP]
Modder
8,813 posts
3 minutes ago, Dareios said:

RU DD!!

Translates to "Dauntless". I ran into a second one, had it pinned down in a cloud of smoke.... then a minute later it appeared on the other side of me...    And this was close range.     I might have to change my assessment from support to hit-and-run.
This makes me start to wonder about balance, how the DDs in the late game are a bit OP.    Think of it like this: End of the match, 1v1, my Republique vs a DD that can hide at 7km. Although this is well within my secondary engagement range, he can torp me all night and I'll never see him.    Now, I can see how this forces team play and coordination to counter your enemy team, but this is the internet... you'll never herd cats...

This is going to be interesting, and I hope we get more DDs to dilute the pool a bit. However, it smells like this one might be a clan battles or other special buy

• Cool 1

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,743 posts
2 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

This is going to be interesting, and I hope we get more DDs to dilute the pool a bit. However, it smells like this one might be a clan battles or other special buy

Id put my money on a coal arsenal ship. might be FXP.

its a t9 isnt it? usually the 'special' ships are the TXs (Stalingrad, bourgoine etc)

Members
2,767 posts
93 battles
19 minutes ago, Dareios said:

RU DD!!

Neustrashimy = Neutralize Shimakaze

(According by Flamu)

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,498 posts
27,483 battles
2 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Is it just me, or is it a T9 Ognevoi?  2x2 guns, relies on torps...

No, it's not just you, UltNewbie.  The thing absolutely screams "upgraded tier 9 Ognevoi"!

[RSRC]
Beta Testers
1,258 posts
9,262 battles

3 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

inb4 another DD to nerf the  IJN torpedoboat line because WG hates IJN DDs

For the record, the ship currently has about 30,000 less HE DPM than the Yuugumo, not even including the alpha disparity, and it has Grozovoi torpedoes...while not objectively bad torpedoes, the reload truly hurts them. The only thing the ship really has over the Yuugumo is HP and healing power, while strong, is not enough IMO to counteract the extremely poor firepower. It could change as the ship is currently WIP, but we'll have to see.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles
3 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

%D0%9D%D0%B5%D1%83%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%

This ship is so ugly, I am playing my sin-against-humanity-card! :Smile_izmena:

[DANKY]
Members
734 posts
2,066 battles
57 minutes ago, SeraphicRadiance said:

For the record, the ship currently has about 30,000 less HE DPM than the Yuugumo, not even including the alpha disparity, and it has Grozovoi torpedoes...while not objectively bad torpedoes, the reload truly hurts them. The only thing the ship really has over the Yuugumo is HP and healing power, while strong, is not enough IMO to counteract the extremely poor firepower. It could change as the ship is currently WIP, but we'll have to see.

I don’t think you can compare the two. Neutrashimy has a base concealment of, what, 7km? Shimakaze’s concealment is 7.11. Grozovoi stays out of caps since it usually gets spotted first; this boat will out-spot almost everything and out-run almost nothing. Radar is an inconvenience for Grozo since it can leave the danger zone pretty fast, where Neutrashimy would really be caught with its pants down. I’d say the game play and necessary captain skills will be most similar to Shima, and then Ognevoi, rather than anything else in the Russian line. 

Sign in to follow this