Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SeaKnight_1990

CV vs. CV at T8+

5 comments in this topic

[MAD-1]
Members
764 posts
6,181 battles

I've had my Lexington for 22 battles, and have 16 frags, including a pair of aircraft carriers (both other Lexingtons.) I killed the former when he went AFK, the latter because he apparently didn't know what his DF was for. How have you managed to come up with victories against higher-tier CVs?

0 posts
2 hours ago, SeaKnight_1990 said:

I've had my Lexington for 22 battles, and have 16 frags, including a pair of aircraft carriers (both other Lexingtons.) I killed the former when he went AFK, the latter because he apparently didn't know what his DF was for. How have you managed to come up with victories against higher-tier CVs?

currently, a tier 8 cv only ever fights battles versus teams that also have a tier 8 cv. T8 cv vs t9 cv (for example) is not possible.

Members
9 posts
2,895 battles

I played 177 battles in my Lexington and wasn't good at it (44% win rate, 0.6 ships sunk and 23.4 planes shot down per battle).  I play T6 now whenever I want to play CV, in part because I need to improve but mostly because the Lexington was so frequently not fun to play.  It wasn't fun if I got matched up against a Shokaku or if the MM put me in a match against T9 and T10 ships that had AA that could wipe out half a squadron before I could even see what was shooting at me (I still can't understand how AA range can be farther than detectable range).  It felt like at least one of those things happened more often than not.  

If I read your question correctly, you were asking about actually sinking the enemy CV as opposed to focusing on your team winning the battle.  I think it's a mistake for high tiered CVs to focus on killing the other CV.  They've got good AA and lots of HP for the most part, so CV sniping is unlikely to actually sink the ship.  I usually don't attack an enemy CV until late in the game or I'll just spot it so one of my teammates can sink it.    

[MAD-1]
Members
764 posts
6,181 battles

I also wasn't talking about that. I was getting at going after him when opportunity presents itself. The second of the two CV kills I brought up was when everyone on my team was shooting at him and I sent TBs his way to "secure" the kill. 

Sign in to follow this