You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
bootysoup

Matchmaking is no fun

13 comments in this topic

Members
86 posts
3,881 battles

Gave the game a shot, not really feeling it. Being the small fish in a big pond gets old. And as your fish gets bigger so does the pond... Feels like you never level up; and to top things off games been a crapstorm since V. 1/2 your opponents are are always 2 levels higher...THEN when you hit VIII 95% of your opponents are X's? Do you not want me to enjoy the game? Who the hell has fun racing ferraris in a miata? I mean cmon everyone's either just out of range or you get 1 blapped. I'm sorry but despite whatever the heck you guys think, that is not enjoyable in the slightest.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[PLPT]
Members
214 posts
9,981 battles
3 minutes ago, destawaits said:

So... who would like to give advice to this poor fellow this time?

I nominate you. Congratulations!

[QQ7]
Members
500 posts
4,367 battles

Well your username isn't exactly enjoyable (or appropriate) either.

We don't need another topic of the same thing that has been talked about many times over. You think the match making in Warships is bad? Mate, I played world of tanks. The MM there is like 20 times worse. a T6 would get in a T9 match. Or a T5 in a T8 match. 

• Meh 1

[LSNB]
Members
1,625 posts
4,777 battles
23 minutes ago, DevilFreak_ said:

We don't need another topic of the same thing that has been talked about many times over. You think the match making in Warships is bad? Mate, I played world of tanks. The MM there is like 20 times worse. a T6 would get in a T9 match. Or a T5 in a T8 match. 

To make things worse, lower tiers can't even damage higher tiers without premium ammo.

As for OP, I'd suggest that you go back to T5-7 or lower and learn some basic tactics such as angling, torpedo dodging, avoid being detected, etc. I haven't seen your stats yet so idk what you're doing wrong.

[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,965 battles
2 hours ago, bootysoup said:

Gave the game a shot, not really feeling it. Being the small fish in a big pond gets old. And as your fish gets bigger so does the pond... Feels like you never level up; and to top things off games been a crapstorm since V. 1/2 your opponents are are always 2 levels higher...THEN when you hit VIII 95% of your opponents are X's? Do you not want me to enjoy the game? Who the hell has fun racing ferraris in a miata? I mean cmon everyone's either just out of range or you get 1 blapped. I'm sorry but despite whatever the heck you guys think, that is not enjoyable in the slightest.

To give the reply no-one wants to hear, being put against enemies two tiers higher than you should force you to take a different strategy and approach to the ship than if you were two tiers higher than your enemies. WG says that this is working as intended.  It is meant to add more variety in play to the same number of ships (for players who are interested in doing well, of course). 

For instance, when you are a Tier 5 Omaha with its sonar, torps and heaps of fast-firing guns and you see a V-170 camping in smoke you have a strong advantage; however, a Tier 7 battleship Lyon sees that same Omaha as food.  Even though you're in the same Omaha, potentially on the same map, you have to play differently in order to be succesful - charging in might work when you're top tier, but will just get you killed when you're bottom tier.  

You need to adapt your playstyle - does the enemy have lots of gunboat DDs, or are they stealth torpers?  Do I have a lot of squishy fire-starting cruisers on my team that are near caps so I can smoke for them?  Do I camp in smoke and spam fires on enemy battleships 2 tiers higher than me, earning massive XP? This is a different style to if you were the bully, where you can just drive into caps and pwn people. 

Remember, as a bottom tier ship, noone really expects you to carry the team to a win (so no pressure) - though if I see someone do it, I compliment them after the battle (+karma). 

The skills you learn (the hard way) at Tier 5 are very helpful in higher tier play. 

#StandardWords

If you would like to division, feel free to send me an in-game message or invite.  I'll run some cruisers with you.  

• Cool 2

[DPG]
Members
2,030 posts
10,730 battles
4 hours ago, bootysoup said:

Who the hell has fun racing ferraris in a miata? 

I can't be the only one that would find this stupidly fun if only for the lulz.

[0456]
Members
488 posts
9,120 battles
4 hours ago, DevilFreak_ said:

i'll  have the salad

solution by song for ur MM prob~   

[YORHA]
Members
5,135 posts
10,308 battles

You are  moving up way too fast.  There is no way that at 200 PVP battles you should be above tier IV.  This isn't some brainless FPS where if you"level up" you get better weapons and can let them carry your lack of knowledge.  You have to learn how to play this game and it takes time, dedication and work.

If you really want to get better at this go back to tier IV and learn the mechanics of the game.  Go to youtube and look up iChase, URPeacekeeper and Notser.  Start with the older videos and work forward.

Members
6,741 posts
21,145 battles

Everyone of us were in your position. It is challenging, and frustrating. Stay with it and learn. Don't focus on the wins yet...just your damage or your aiming, things like that...eventually you will get a comfort level and appreciate the game, hopefully anyway.

[O_O]
Members
6,765 posts
16,194 battles
7 hours ago, bootysoup said:

1/2 your opponents are are always 2 levels higher...THEN when you hit VIII 95% of your opponents are X's?

You are making up numbers based on your perceptions.  Perceptions are biased toward negative experiences...human nature.

Fortunately for you, I have kept track of my matchmaking results.  While your experiences may vary somewhat, I would say with my sample size it is fairly reliable.

Tier 5 ships:  209 games played, 138 were bottom tier.  66% bottom tier.  BUT, 46 of those bottom tier games didn't have any Tier 7's.

Tier 6 ships:  573 games played, 190 were bottom tier.  33% bottom tier.

Tier 7 ships:  536 games played, 109 were bottom tier.  20% bottom tier.

Tier 8 ships:  568 games played, 231 were bottom tier.  40% bottom tier.

Perception rarely equals reality.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
5 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

You need to adapt your playstyle - does the enemy have lots of gunboat DDs, or are they stealth torpers?  Do I have a lot of squishy fire-starting cruisers on my team that are near caps so I can smoke for them?  Do I camp in smoke and spam fires on enemy battleships 2 tiers higher than me, earning massive XP? This is a different style to if you were the bully, where you can just drive into caps and pwn people. 

This ^^ 

Players fail to adapt to different situations they face in game, and then they blame MM, Radar, BB AP, DD torps, fires or whatever killed them.