You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RyuuohD_NA

The A-Poi-calypse is Coming

99 comments in this topic

Members
2,476 posts
86 battles
1 minute ago, Blorgh2017 said:

The stock hull Shiratsuyu at Tier 6, called it. LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

Because clearly WG hates the IJN line and doesnt want to give it any decent premiums :cap_book:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WOLF8]
Members
5,682 posts
5,368 battles
Just now, RyuuohD_NA said:

Because clearly WG hates the IJN line and doesnt want to give it any decent premiums :cap_book:

Maybe, maybe not... because she can be the first Tier 6 ship in the game to have the TRB consumable. IMO, it could be interesting to dump so many fishes at such low tiers, lol.

IJN version of Okhotnik? LOL. :cap_haloween:

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
596 posts
6,434 battles

https://www.history.navy.mil/research/histories/ship-histories/danfs/l/little-i.html
"About 0100 5 September, Little observed gun flashes to the east and believed this to be an enemy submarine. Moments later a Navy Catalina flying over Savo Sound released a string of five flares to illuminate what he also thought was a submarine. The flares illuminated the APDs instead. A surprised Japanese surface force [Who we now know were Yuudachi, Hatsuyuki, and Murakumo], source of the flashes presumed to have come from a submarine, shifted their guns toward the APDs, and searchlights stabbed through the darkness. Though outgunned, Little opened fire on the enemy destroyers, but took direct hits from salvos which left her helpless and ablaze by 0115. Gregory had suffered the same fate. The Japanese, to assure their kill, steamed between the two stricken ships firing shells and straffing (sic) survivors."

(Add in that Yuudachi's kill and damage claims are better attributed to Inazuma and Amatsukaze... and... yeah...)

• Boring 1

[FAE]
Members
2,393 posts
2,986 battles

Shiratsuyu is a pain in the [edited]with those slow torpedoes that can be seen from the moon. Ugh. Actually, I never wanna go back to any IJN torp boat while those torpedoes are still 1.7 detection. 

no no no. 

• Funny 1

[FALSE]
Supertester
20 posts
6,721 battles
1 hour ago, Cruiser_CleveAniki said:

https://www.history.navy.mil/research/histories/ship-histories/danfs/l/little-i.html
"About 0100 5 September, Little observed gun flashes to the east and believed this to be an enemy submarine. Moments later a Navy Catalina flying over Savo Sound released a string of five flares to illuminate what he also thought was a submarine. The flares illuminated the APDs instead. A surprised Japanese surface force [Who we now know were Yuudachi, Hatsuyuki, and Murakumo], source of the flashes presumed to have come from a submarine, shifted their guns toward the APDs, and searchlights stabbed through the darkness. Though outgunned, Little opened fire on the enemy destroyers, but took direct hits from salvos which left her helpless and ablaze by 0115. Gregory had suffered the same fate. The Japanese, to assure their kill, steamed between the two stricken ships firing shells and straffing (sic) survivors."

The reasion that they strafed the ship with MG and cannon fire was to kill the crew who other wise they would have to take or leave to be rescued to fight another day, you can always get more ships or planes but not crews. That's how war works you kill you enemy and leave him with no way to fight back or run. This was a common tactic.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Members
2,476 posts
86 battles
34 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Shiratsuyu is a pain in the [edited]with those slow torpedoes that can be seen from the moon. Ugh. Actually, I never wanna go back to any IJN torp boat while those torpedoes are still 1.7 detection. 

no no no. 

Ayylmao

And you think the other non-IJN T7 tech-tree DDs are a superior torpedoboat?

Suck it up and gitgud.

Members
2,476 posts
86 battles
7 minutes ago, Woofship said:

>[Insert generic war crimes whining from historical nuts]

emphasis on this because true patriotic americans call Yuudachi a SoB

[FALSE]
Supertester
20 posts
6,721 battles
1 minute ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Ayylmao

And you think the other non-IJN T7 tech-tree DDs are a superior torpedoboat?

Suck it up and gitgud.

I admit the IJN have suffered a lot from power creep and have greatly list there dominance to the PA like and others but they are still good torp boats.

[FALSE]
Supertester
20 posts
6,721 battles
4 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

emphasis on this because true patriotic americans call Yuudachi a SoB

No just people who don't understand how war works. Go read the Art of War.

• Cool 2

Members
2,476 posts
86 battles
3 minutes ago, 3k31001 said:

I admit the IJN have suffered a lot from power creep and have greatly list there dominance to the PA like and others but they are still good torp boats.

I will definitely laugh out loud if he think the likes of Mahan, Z1, Jervis or Gadjah Mada outperforms the IJN DDs in the role of torpedoboating at T7 "because these DDs have lower torpedo detection than IJN DDs"

Edited by RyuuohD_NA

[FALSE]
Supertester
20 posts
6,721 battles
1 minute ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

I will definitely laugh out loud if he think the likes of Mahan or Z1 outperforms the IJN DDs in the role of torpedoboating at T7.

No I don't disagree they are good torp boats but those ships have good guns and not that bad torps. I play a lot of IJN DDs and do like them.

Members
2,476 posts
86 battles
1 minute ago, 3k31001 said:

No I don't disagree they are good torp boats but those ships have good guns and not that bad torps. I play a lot of IJN DDs and do like them.

With the HE buff on IJN guns, smart IJN DDs can put the hurt on gunboat DDs.

[FALSE]
Supertester
20 posts
6,721 battles
6 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

With the HE buff on IJN guns, smart IJN DDs can put the hurt on gunboat DDs.

Yeah, there ballistics are the best in the game

[XBRTC]
Members
3,002 posts
9,703 battles

I see a lot of people endorsing the killing of enemy sailors who are swimming after their ship has sunk.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that not a single one of those people has spent any time as a sailor, whether civilian or military.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1

[SOUP]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Modder, Privateers
8,617 posts

49561075_2259162537743414_39524497959472

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
4,228 posts
7,241 battles

If you armchair war criminals could stop trying to rationalize the merits of slaughtering defeated enemy combatants, that would be just dandy. As for the ship itself...resounding meh from me.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

[WOLFB]
Members
3,017 posts
12,632 battles

Inb4 the pre nerf Shiratsuyu with both smoke and TRB.

That said, I don't remember having a good time with Shiratsuyu torps. Too slow with huge detection. It makes Kagerou uppgraded torps feels like DWT. And gun setup on Shiratsuyu isn't as great as Akatsuki or Kagerou.

Well just wait and see if this is going to be a garbage one, a mediocre one or a must buy 

[-ARP-]
Supertester
473 posts
4,531 battles

Oh come on, why didn't we get Shigure?

She's far more famous, dare I say, the most famous destroyer of the Imperial Navy.

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles
11 minutes ago, AyanoMidori said:

Oh come on, why didn't we get Shigure?

She's far more famous, dare I say, the most famous destroyer of the Imperial Navy.

It's a shame, because now that Yudachi is coming there's very little chance for Shigure.  I mean, Yudachi was my #2 pick for a Shiratsuyu, but Shigure is a step above the rest.

At least there's Yahagi for one of Hara's ships... even though it's the least-notable one.  I don't really see Amatsukaze coming since there's already Asashio and Harekaze both at tier 8.

• Cool 1

Members
2,476 posts
86 battles
33 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

If you armchair war criminals could stop trying to rationalize the merits of slaughtering defeated enemy combatants, that would be just dandy.

Indeed, why bring this disgraceful,dishorable SoB into WoWS. 

They're all war criminals and do not deserve recognition in this game

Edited by RyuuohD_NA
  • Cool 1