You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

CV Rework: Would you rather....

2 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,847 posts
9,412 battles

Get slapped in the face 8 times, or one good sock in the jaw that may or may not knock you out? You have the ability to dodge the punch and the multiple slaps. But remember, regardless of which you pick, other people will be attacking you at the same time.

I'll take my chances with the punch, because I can refocus on the ships shooting at me after i endure whatever the CV does to me. I played the PTS earlier, it was fairly fun actually. it's just....too busy? I can see ordinary ship drivers being irritated by all the planes buzzing around CONSTANTLY. Imagine trying to push with 2-3 other ships (which does happen in randoms occasionally), and you have 2 divsioned IJN CV players torpedoing you from 10km ahead of you (8km torps). Forcing you to turn to dodge the guaranteed flooding on the nose, allowing the enemy to get good pens on your side.

Also, this is going to -partially- ruin the island camping meta. If IJN torps are 8km, they'll easily be able to force those ships to move forwards and backwards. If it's only 1 CV per side maximum, i say fine... lets have it. But 2 or 3 on each side, it's too hectic and irritating honestly. Also, can you guys make the airplane animations A LITTLE more realistic? The dive bombing climb and dive procedure looks so fake, so does take off.

Anyway, you guys can ignore this thread, it doesn't need to turn into another 15 pager on CV's. There's 8 more of those right now... I just wanted to write this.

EJ

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,317 posts
3 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

Also, this is going to -partially- ruin the island camping meta. If IJN torps are 8km, they'll easily be able to force those ships to move forwards and backwards.

even as a BB id rather the single high alpha attack on me.

on a side note... the Hak can now stealth torp drop (as in launch torps before their plane is spotted by the target). Something for people to enjoy.