You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

T6 or t8 MM whats worse?

12 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles

IMHO tier 6 is better only in that the grind is far shorter. MM still hurts a bit, you just don't spend lots of time there. Tier 8 suffers not only because of MM but the grind is pretty long and that is why you see lots of complaints about matchmaking at tier 8 but few at tier 6. The other thing is we bleed players at the mid tiers, especially 6 because of MM. New players don't have much vested at that point, get disgusted and just quit. 

BTW Tier 6 shouldn't see tier 9 unless in a fail division. 

• Cool 1

Members
4,156 posts
15,647 battles
14 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

t6 is always in t9 games and t8 is always in t10. Which onw is worse?

Hmmm... How can tier 6 be in tier 9 games with the +2 -2 MM? I've found tier 6 to be pretty even as far as MM goes. Tier 8 however... I'm endlessly bottom tiered against a crapload of tier 10s even in Co-op. I don't drive my tier 8s anymore, in any mode.

[VCRUZ]
Members
3,303 posts
8,202 battles
22 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

t6 is always in t9 games and t8 is always in t10. Which onw is worse?

I suppose you mean "t6 is always in t8 games". 

Now, if T6 is always in T8 games, how the hell T8 is always in T10 games? If T6 are always in T8 games, than T8 cant be always in t10 games. And if T8 is always facing T10, than T6s cant be facing T8s all the time

• Cool 2

Members
842 posts
9,792 battles

T6 is usually far worse except for having a shorter grind

• T6 DDs are at a serious concealment and firepower disadvantage
    • T8 DDs at least have competitive concealment
  • T6 cruisers are at a range and/or firepower disadvantage
    • T8 cruisers have competitive concealment and sufficient range
  • T6 BBs are at an armor and/or gun caliber disadvantage
    • T8 BBs have the same standard armor as T10 BBs

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
21 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The real limiting factor when you are bottom tier is the captain.

Agree. I have done okay at bottom tier when I have rotated a 19 point capt into the mix.

Bu then again I have never been to bothered by being bottom tier. Just have to be sneakier, pick your opportunities, and hang in there as best you can. Sure sometimes I fail and get deleted by some up tiered BB at extreme range, but them the breaks 

[GWG]
Supertester
22,837 posts
12,789 battles
Just now, MG1962 said:

Agree. I have done okay at bottom tier when I have rotated a 19 point capt into the mix.

Bu then again I have never been to bothered by being bottom tier. Just have to be sneakier, pick your opportunities, and hang in there as best you can. Sure sometimes I fail and get deleted by some up tiered BB at extreme range, but them the breaks 

The high skill captain helps but I was really talking about the player. Far too many load into a match and see they are bottom tier and say to themselves "Whoa is me" instead of saying "I am going to do this". If you go in with negative expectations that is what you will get.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,429 posts
20,527 battles

Tier VI is a lot worse against Tier VIII than Tier VIII against Tier X.

A Tier VIII Battleship, Destroyer can still compete with the Tier X.  Hard, but you are not shackled with lots of inherent disadvantages.

Tier VIII is where Destroyers become more stealthy in general.  Case in point are USN DDs.  Before you had laughable 6.8km or so detection USN DDs in Tier VII, but VIII Benson, IX Fletcher, VIII Kidd are all in the 5.8km ballpark.

A stealthy Tier VIII DD can stalk a Tier X BB just fine.

A Tier VIII BB has 32mm bow so they can do angling, bow on tactics if needed.

A Tier VIII BB still has firepower that must be respected by a Tier X BB.

Tier X BBs simply cannot Overmatch another High Tier BB with ease the same way Tier VIII BBs do against Tier VI-VII BBs.  Exception being Yamato-class, but they do that to everyone, even themselves.

Tier VIII BBs tend to have the last vestige of a balance of speed and handling, prior tiers of BBs are a lot more troubled with speed.

Tier VIII Radar Cruisers like Cleveland, Chapayev will still menace a Tier X DD just fine.

Etc.

You look at Tier VI BBs, DDs against their Tier VIII cousins, it gets stupid.

21kt BBs are more common.  Yeah, that's not going to fly against Tier VIII BBs where 27kts is considered "slow."

Tier VIII BBs' smallest gun size is 380mm, and that already Overmatches the armor of Tier VI-VII Battleships.

A Tier VIII BB can angle against a Tier VI-VII BB and shrug off the worst of what the lower tier BB can do, and the VIII BB can reply back with their guns that will Penetrate (at the least) no matter what.

Mega Secondary Battleships start appearing in Tier VIII that almost double the secondaries range typical of Tier VI.  Matter of fact, Bismarck-class Secondaries range almost match the main gun range of some lower tier Cruisers they fight.

As long as the Tier VIII BB isn't a moron, the firepower of Tier VI BBs is easily mitigated.

Tier VI DD vs Tier VIII DD.  No.  No.  NO!  F***K NO!!!  Tier VIII DDs is where ships access upgrades like CSM1, an item needed to complete a Stealth Build.  Tier VI DDs have bad concealment compared to Tier VIII ones. 

Tier VI DD has to contend with Tier VIII DDs that with their fully implemented Stealth Builds, also have firepower.  Benson, Akizuki, Lightning, HSF Harekaze, etc.  Excellent stealth and excellent firepower.  Akizuki pouncing on a Tier VI DD is to witness a massacre of the VI DD.

Etc.

I can REALLY go on.  Tier VI ships have game design disadvantages that make it a bigger problem dealing with the Tier VIII ships.  But a Tier VIII BB, DD can fight Tier X just fine.

Notice I didn't talk about Tier VIII Cruisers having advantages against Tier X.  That's because they have none and are very vulnerable in a Tier X match unless they got a very special gimmick like Kutuzov in smoke, Edinburgh with Repair Party and Smoke + awesome concealment.  Tier VIII Cruisers in general have no access to Repair Party and have a lot of trouble dealing with the damage of Tier X.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway