Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AJTP89

The Katori is Bettter than I Remember

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,224
[WOLF5]
Members
2,909 posts
3,211 battles

Knocking Snowflakes off ships (how it snows in my Hawaii port I don't know), saw the Katori had one. Ran it out hoping the team would carry me to victory. That didn't happen in the first game, but the loss wasn't my fault.

shot-18_12.28_22_42.16-0853.thumb.jpg.67bec99947a3827af0feb4e62291337b.jpgshot-18_12.28_22_42.20-0149.thumb.jpg.3cabe88a47ceb1552773b8a7d8cd8c27.jpg

57K damage! The fires are ridiculous. If people pay attention to you, you die quickly. But no one pays any attention to this ship, and so you can terrorize them with your accurate guns and high fire chance. Anyhow, the next game I was expecting to get detonated and have the team win without me. Not quite.

shot-18_12.28_23_05.13-0688.thumb.jpg.35ff11b356e26c2674be91692cc7e294.jpgshot-18_12.28_23_05.16-0208.thumb.jpg.56d50c41c8ec690fa0d8a6db33b6ce21.jpg

Not quite 57K, but not bad at all. It was a close game, came down to our two CVs, me, and a Kawachi against their CV, a clemson, the G-101, and a Charleston. The Kawachi and I paired up, they shot at him, I murdered the German DD, the CV got the other one. The Charleston burned down the Kawachi, but I ran, er, proceeded in a dignified manner, away. The Charles ran preferred to camp an island even though he was on full health. If he had come after us, he probably could have killed us both (or at least me). As it was, time expired before the CV could hit me, and I ended up being rather important for the victory.

Not what I expected, maybe I'll have to take the Katori out more often. The guns are accurate, the fire chance high, the torps aren't bad, you just don't have very many. And if people ignore you, you can be a pretty big nuisance. That fighter is fun too. You even have a secondary!

However, I would hate to get in a fight with anything else. The DPM is lacking, as is your armor. At least you don't have to worry about WASD, you're too slow for it to make a difference.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
549
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,113 posts
10,577 battles

Its accuracy was buffed way back. I had an ~86k katori game in coop and I've seen replays with katoris with +100k: lol. It can be a monster ship.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,181
[SYN]
Members
8,126 posts
12,762 battles

I've played it exactly once, and I regret it immensely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
549
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,113 posts
10,577 battles
3 minutes ago, mofton said:

I've played it exactly once, and I regret it immensely!

I believe its one of the slowest, if not the slowest ship in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
589
[HC]
Beta Testers
2,302 posts
11,638 battles

It's a tier 3 Yubari with oars.

Crazy guns, same torpedoes as the Tenryu and Kuma

Has the best AA at tier 3, plus a fighter

Her only real downsides are, she can only win a drag race with a Langley, and has only enough armor to ensure that everything will do full damage to her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,524 posts
10,637 battles
26 minutes ago, mofton said:

I've played it exactly once, and I regret it immensely!

Not sure why. Yeah, ok it's dead slow but the guns are excellent. I haven't played it in a while, cause seal clubbing is pretty boring, but it left a favorable impression.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
270
[WOLFC]
Members
618 posts
22,385 battles
31 minutes ago, Aghostinthetank said:

I got my only Solo Warrior by running away in the Katori

Running away? The Katori does only 18 knots. What were you running away from, a starfish?

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,181
[SYN]
Members
8,126 posts
12,762 battles
3 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Not sure why. Yeah, ok it's dead slow but the guns are excellent. I haven't played it in a while, cause seal clubbing is pretty boring, but it left a favorable impression.

Slow, boring, playing T3 is a pointless waste of time, oh and it was slow and very boring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,935 posts
4,205 battles

She's slow but she's precise and hits hard. Landing a successive string of max range volleys is a joy and the one time I did a three Katori div I had fun. Despite the flaws, definitely one of my favorites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,288
[SOV]
Members
2,948 posts
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

Knocking Snowflakes off ships (how it snows in my Hawaii port I don't know), saw the Katori had one. Ran it out hoping the team would carry me to victory. That didn't happen in the first game, but the loss wasn't my fault.

shot-18_12.28_22_42.16-0853.thumb.jpg.67bec99947a3827af0feb4e62291337b.jpgshot-18_12.28_22_42.20-0149.thumb.jpg.3cabe88a47ceb1552773b8a7d8cd8c27.jpg

57K damage! The fires are ridiculous. If people pay attention to you, you die quickly. But no one pays any attention to this ship, and so you can terrorize them with your accurate guns and high fire chance. Anyhow, the next game I was expecting to get detonated and have the team win without me. Not quite.

shot-18_12.28_23_05.13-0688.thumb.jpg.35ff11b356e26c2674be91692cc7e294.jpgshot-18_12.28_23_05.16-0208.thumb.jpg.56d50c41c8ec690fa0d8a6db33b6ce21.jpg

Not quite 57K, but not bad at all. It was a close game, came down to our two CVs, me, and a Kawachi against their CV, a clemson, the G-101, and a Charleston. The Kawachi and I paired up, they shot at him, I murdered the German DD, the CV got the other one. The Charleston burned down the Kawachi, but I ran, er, proceeded in a dignified manner, away. The Charles ran preferred to camp an island even though he was on full health. If he had come after us, he probably could have killed us both (or at least me). As it was, time expired before the CV could hit me, and I ended up being rather important for the victory.

Not what I expected, maybe I'll have to take the Katori out more often. The guns are accurate, the fire chance high, the torps aren't bad, you just don't have very many. And if people ignore you, you can be a pretty big nuisance. That fighter is fun too. You even have a secondary!

However, I would hate to get in a fight with anything else. The DPM is lacking, as is your armor. At least you don't have to worry about WASD, you're too slow for it to make a difference.

Sorry but by far it is the worst ship ever

 It should not be given out for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,631
[SOUP]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Modder, Privateers
8,608 posts

Katori is a fun lil boat. People complain about it all the time because it isn't Missouri, but it's a fantastic seal clubber, and a whole division of them is one hell of a meme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,880
[RLGN]
Members
12,030 posts
21,537 battles
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

I believe its one of the slowest, if not the slowest ship in the game.

I believe Langley may have that Honor...

1 hour ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Has the best AA at tier 3, plus a fighter

Her only real downsides are, she can only win a drag race with a Langley, and has only enough armor to ensure that everything will do full damage to her.

I once outran a Nassau, actually managed to kite it, because it spent so much time dodging my torpedoes.

1 hour ago, Rumple010 said:

Running away? The Katori does only 18 knots. What were you running away from, a starfish?

A Nassau for my part, (see above.)

A tier 3 Zao? The guns are crazy accurate. Easy to land hits at long range, where you at least stand some small chance of avoiding return fire

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,317
Members
4,156 posts
15,647 battles
2 hours ago, Aghostinthetank said:

I got my only Solo Warrior by running away in the Katori (at least I'm pretty sure), so you know, it's pretty good :Smile_veryhappy:

Balderdash! One cant run away from anything with Katori!  :Smile_smile:

Katori is a unappreciated and underestimated bote. Just stay with the BBs cuz you cant keep up with the other Cruisers and you'll do pretty good. I always have fun driving the Tuna Boat.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,224
[WOLF5]
Members
2,909 posts
3,211 battles
9 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Sorry but by far it is the worst ship ever

 It should not be given out for free.

Oh I agree, it's pretty bad. That's why it was free. Can you imagine the uproar if you paid money for what is essentially a fishing boat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,288
[SOV]
Members
2,948 posts
4 hours ago, TheCompGuy25 said:

Katori is an awesome ship.  I am one of these with a 100k+ damage game and it was hella fun.

All I can say is wow. And how can you get 100k at that t?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,288
[SOV]
Members
2,948 posts
5 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Oh I agree, it's pretty bad. That's why it was free. Can you imagine the uproar if you paid money for what is essentially a fishing boat?

Immagain if that was the first prem ship you bought! Wow I would love to see the email to WG on that one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,329
[ARGSY]
Members
15,106 posts
9,860 battles

I asked Mouse once if there was any point buying the Katori if I already had the Yubari. TLDR she said no, but I came away from the conversation with the impression that the Katori is more or less the Yubari gimped to 17 knots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[-BRS-]
Members
484 posts
10,367 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

All I can say is wow. And how can you get 100k at that t?

Burned everything in sight.  Took down two King Alberts singlehandedly because they ignored me.  The Katori rarely takes full pens, usually only overpens so BBS tend to ignore it.

Oh, btw, I sold it shortly after getting it because I thought it was so bad.  A few months later I kept reading about its laser guns and watched a couple of vids.  Sent a ticket to WG to buy it back and have loved it since.

3F6C1F38-AA8B-482C-BF75-9D57419B1124.thumb.jpeg.a3e3a525b128b22dd019d9a6fbde1c10.jpeg

Edited by TheCompGuy25
Added the pic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,288
[SOV]
Members
2,948 posts
7 minutes ago, TheCompGuy25 said:

Burned everything in sight.  Took down two King Alberts singlehandedly because they ignored me.  The Katori rarely takes full pens, usually only overpens so BBS tend to ignore it.

Oh, btw, I sold it shortly after getting it because I thought it was so bad.  A few months later I kept reading about its laser guns and watched a couple of vids.  Sent a ticket to WG to buy it back and have loved it since.

May some day I will try again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
20 posts
3,803 battles

The 18kt terror...  I had a blast with that snowflake, by the time they realize your guided missile cannons are a threat half the team is dead and they start to panic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×