You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
bootysoup

Rate of starting fires is EXTREMELY low lately

14 comments in this topic

Members
86 posts
3,579 battles

Has anyone else noticed an extreme drop in the amount of hits that start fires? I'm getting like 5% in a lot of games lately. I just had a game with 1 fire on 40 hits. I swear when I look at the stats for this Mogami it says 21%; I never get anywhere near that. What am I doing wrong?

[4HIM]
Members
2,721 posts
9,487 battles
2 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Ohhh nevermind, you meant giving out fires. Yea.. I'm on fire all the time,.

No kidding.  Go play against the bots in Ultimate F.U.  They set you on fire with every hit.  

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
3,678 posts
5,280 battles

So, there's this mechanic called fire resistance coefficient:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire

Your chance of causing a fire to a tier X in your Mogami is 10.5% instead of 21. Add to that the damage control mod 1 upgrade that has a -5% risk of fire and suddenly the stats on your screen aren't what they truly are. Then combine this with RNG and your question is answered.

Edited by warheart1992

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
11 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

No kidding.  Go play against the bots in Ultimate F.U.  They set you on fire with every hit.  

That's where I been the last 5 months outside of CW lol

[FOG]
Members
641 posts
6,508 battles

Interesting that you note this and I do not dispute what you are seeing. Funny though in a recent Coop battle with the Kutuzov I swear that every salvo started a fire. I think at least 3 BBs were continuously burning. I have never seen the fire starting to be so good.

I hope that your luck improves soon.

[WOLF5]
Members
2,909 posts
3,215 battles

Interesting, my Des Moines doesn't seem to have gotten that memo. About every other salvo was a fire last game. Helena hasn't had any issues either.

[WOLF8]
Members
28 posts
5,301 battles

2 games in my Salem today. 133 hits and 140 hits. Both games I set only 4 fires. That comes out to less than 3% fire chance. Seemed to be the going rate lately.

And I'm shooting at everything. Not just tier 10 BBs.

[BPP]
Members
102 posts
17,377 battles

Bow on to his broadside once with my Des Moines against the Tomato (or Yamato-whatever you want). It was one on one. Nobody else to get involved. Both full strength. I hit that sucker 77 times with HE (with burn down skill and two flags that's 19% chance of fire). Raked him bow to stern from 15 klm out to 3 klm out. NOT ONE FIRE. I guess RNGeesus was protecting him. Either that or the new math dictates that 19/100~X/77 only when X=0. LOL LOL LOL

[BIER]
Members
318 posts
5,161 battles
2 hours ago, SG_Kage said:

2 games in my Salem today. 133 hits and 140 hits. Both games I set only 4 fires. That comes out to less than 3% fire chance. Seemed to be the going rate lately.

And I'm shooting at everything. Not just tier 10 BBs.

Everything T10 has a 50% reduction in fire chance. T9 is 45%.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire

Fire is not as easy as it was once you start shooting at T8+ ships.

Members
294 posts
5,760 battles

As has been pointed out, higher tiers have reduced fire chance.  This has always been part of the game and is part of balance.

You also cannot simply compare number of hits to fires started because a shell that hits a portion that is already on fire will not start a second fire even if the rng roll came up.  For this reason you won't see the number of hits equal the proportion of the number of fires you should theoretically start, especially with fire prevention skill out there that reduces the number of potential fires a ship can have.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
203 posts
7,302 battles

I think my absolute worst fire experience was in the first CB season, where in one game it took me ~70 hits to get a single fire. On completely unburning ships. With a maximum fire% build Zao...

Meanwhile, on occasion in random battles, I've had like 4-5 fires (accounting for a damage control for the first two plus broken modules) set on me. In a high tier DD (8-10). In I around three salvoes by ships with half or less the fire% as that Zao (and far lower actual hit numbers).

This is why the the % system is so despised.