Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Droz1937

Saipan

11 comments in this topic

[RTR]
Beta Testers
169 posts

Whomever came up with this ship and made it so damn OP...I wish you many torments in life. Def AA with those tier 9 planes...I may as well not launch planes from my CV when I see them. Instead, I should take the penalty and just go to port and not waste my time.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Meh 2

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,296 posts
9,645 battles

This thread is like two years late.

[WOLF1]
Members
5,743 posts
19 minutes ago, Droz1937 said:

Whomever came up with this ship and made it so damn OP...I wish you many torments in life. Def AA with those tier 9 planes...I may as well not launch planes from my CV when I see them. Instead, I should take the penalty and just go to port and not waste my time.

Rework changes all of that around 1/23/19...

[RLGN]
Members
14,838 posts
26,345 battles

Saipan likely gonna be worthless at T8 after the rework, unless they give it a stupid gimmick again.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,732 battles

Hopefully the rework balances it. Known issue that is intentionally not going to get addressed until the rework at least.

Edited by pewpewpew42

Members
2,646 posts
4,285 battles

My wager is that Saipan will have either the straight out T10 variants of planes but with planes of six squadrons,  or it will get the T10 gimmick of dual torpedo drops at T8.  Thinking on how ineffective AA is right now,  please let it be the latter.

• Meh 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,042 posts
10,727 battles
1 hour ago, Palladia said:

My wager is that Saipan will have either the straight out T10 variants of planes but with planes of six squadrons,  or it will get the T10 gimmick of dual torpedo drops at T8.  Thinking on how ineffective AA is right now,  please let it be the latter.

They haven't announced the premium setups yet, but I am guessing Saipan gets T10 planes in a T6 squad size, with Enterprise getting the opposite T6 planes in a T10 squad.

Members
2,646 posts
4,285 battles
6 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

They haven't announced the premium setups yet, but I am guessing Saipan gets T10 planes in a T6 squad size, with Enterprise getting the opposite T6 planes in a T10 squad.

I REALLY hope they don't do that.  Not that I think you're wrong,  I think its entirely possible,  but that would give them a heavy advantage.  Much faster,  much more durable,  double torpedoes and bombs,  it'd be a different kind of broken then it is now.  

Give her T8 planes with the dual drop gimmick and just two planes per attack squadron as opposed to T8's 3.  

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,042 posts
10,727 battles
1 hour ago, Palladia said:

I REALLY hope they don't do that.  Not that I think you're wrong,  I think its entirely possible,  but that would give them a heavy advantage.  Much faster,  much more durable,  double torpedoes and bombs,  it'd be a different kind of broken then it is now.  

Give her T8 planes with the dual drop gimmick and just two planes per attack squadron as opposed to T8's 3.  

No, I meant Saipan gets the faster more durable planes, but Enterprise gets the T10 dual drops and flight size with weaker planes. 

Members
2,646 posts
4,285 battles
1 minute ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

No, I meant Saipan gets the faster more durable planes, but Enterprise gets the T10 dual drops and flight size with weaker planes. 

OH,  sorry,  missed the Enterprise part.  Kinda like that idea,  actually.

Sign in to follow this