You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Tier VIII Match Making

15 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
1,651 posts
19,118 battles

Ok so this is a bit out of the norm for me as I do not tend to fuss much over Tier VIII.

But the past few days MM has stuffed way to many Tier 8s into my Tier 10 games lol.

Now I will tell you, usually I would tell a Tier 8 player to suck it up.

But I am seeing 4-5 8s in my tier 10 matches including CVs way way to often.

I think this has a lot to do with these lopsided games I have been getting of late.

1 or 2 is  not so bad but when almost half the team is scared, already gave up, no interest in doing anything, made up of 3 man Divs of BBs or Cruisers or just plain overmatched in most cases.

Well then I as a Tier 10 player have to speak up and say enough is enough.

I know good and well there are Tier 9s in the game and if i have to wait in que an extra minute or two for better MM at Tier 10 then I am willing to wait.

This is my experience in the past 150 games, maybe yours is different IDK but its what MM hands out to me of late.

:)

[PHASE]
Members
6,258 posts
19,807 battles

the only thing worse than being bottom tier as tier 8... is being top tier as tier 8 and trying to control the roaches as they scurry to the edges of the map with no camo, no flags.... 4 pts captains skill....and you start to think the mushrooms you ate last night had some mojo in them. 

your like....whoa...whoaaaaaaaaa Farragut, you don't have 12k torps.....and so on.

• Funny 4

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,248 posts
18,435 battles

Welcome to Holiday Play, like weekend play but extended through the new year! ENJOY!!

Members
660 posts
26,708 battles

I think matchmaking is just giving you the opportunity to get a win in randoms. You should be thanking matchmaking. 

[-BRS-]
Members
1,651 posts
19,118 battles
7 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

I think matchmaking is just giving you the opportunity to get a win in randoms. You should be thanking matchmaking. 

Yeah you would think so.... I cant sink the Red ships faster than they can sink mine though is the way it works out lol

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles

It's probably due to Clan Wars. With so many Tier 10s in CW their is a lack of Tier 10 ships.

Noticed that the matches with 8s were usually with only 1-3 Tier 10s in a match.

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
4,080 posts
22,241 battles
23 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Welcome to Holiday Play, like weekend play but extended through the new year! ENJOY!!

This...I'm sticking to Coop save clan battles.

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,116 battles
1 hour ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Ok so this is a bit out of the norm for me as I do not tend to fuss much over Tier VIII.

But the past few days MM has stuffed way to many Tier 8s into my Tier 10 games lol.

Now I will tell you, usually I would tell a Tier 8 player to suck it up.

But I am seeing 4-5 8s in my tier 10 matches including CVs way way to often.

I think this has a lot to do with these lopsided games I have been getting of late.

1 or 2 is  not so bad but when almost half the team is scared, already gave up, no interest in doing anything, made up of 3 man Divs of BBs or Cruisers or just plain overmatched in most cases.

Well then I as a Tier 10 player have to speak up and say enough is enough.

I know good and well there are Tier 9s in the game and if i have to wait in que an extra minute or two for better MM at Tier 10 then I am willing to wait.

This is my experience in the past 150 games, maybe yours is different IDK but its what MM hands out to me of late.

:)

Wait, I'm confused....does this warrant using the restart the clock meme?:cap_hmm:

[-BRS-]
Members
1,651 posts
19,118 battles
2 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

Wait, I'm confused....does this warrant using the restart the clock meme?:cap_hmm:

LOL nah @Madwolf05 is prolly right.... With Clan battles going on the lack of Tier 10s in randoms, is most likely the cause of so many of my games being populated with so many Tier 8s.

Members
660 posts
26,708 battles
3 hours ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Yeah you would think so.... I cant sink the Red ships faster than they can sink mine though is the way it works out lol

I think this may also be a form of Bullying you. These Tier 8 players just need to stop! And when they shoot at you before the round starts is just complete [edited]!!! Oh, wait that's me doing that so it's all good!:cap_rambo:

[INTEL]
Members
12,321 posts
34,165 battles
2 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I think it's been almost a week since someone posted yet another thread whining about T8 MM. Maybe a new record. 

This is a new take on it. We should be applauding.

[GRETA]
[GRETA]
Members
580 posts
16,733 battles

Dammit Gunstar, stop running off solo by yourself. Divs are fun.

But I do agreed that games are more lopsided than ever. Even my 89% WR radar mino can't carry these lead potatoes. 

Why would anyone go for B cap at the start on Shatter? I call them microwave heads, because they have mashed potatoes for brains.

• Funny 3