You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
The_Last_Frontier

Stuck to the shoreline

5 comments in this topic

Members
163 posts
5,405 battles

You all need to fix this issue as I have had this happen in the past. I was trying to get a DD and due to his torps I had to ram the shoreline to avoid them and I did avoid them but when I tried to back off the shoreline it refused to back me up. As you can see nothing behind me at all so I should back off the shore just fine but I would more a slight bit and then it would put my ship back at 0 speed again and just refused to let me move. I can understand it if there is something blocking me but where I went straight into the shoreline I should be able to move straight back and off the shoreline.

Needless to say I did not last long was a sitting duck not being about to move. And also as you can see I have no damage to my engines or props so I should be able to back right off the shore without issue!

Also as you can see my throttle is full reverse but my speed is 0! It had been full reverse most the time except when I was trying to rock off the shore.

2018-12-28_10h29_44.png

Edited by The_Last_Frontier

[HINON]
Members
11,959 posts

In that situation try shifting your rudder the other direction, as it is right now your turning right into the land that you are up against when in reverse.

Edited by RipNuN2

Members
163 posts
5,405 battles
31 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

In that situation try shifting your rudder the other direction, as it is right now your turning right into the land that you are up against when in reverse.

trust me I was rocking and rolling and trying everything and nothing would budge it from that shoreline. Rudder just happened to be in that spot for the screen shot but I had it far over to the other side s well. Was undetected for over a minute or two when it first happened so had no shells to worry about and everything I tried would not dislodge me from that shore!

Edited by The_Last_Frontier

Members
2,225 posts
6,255 battles
13 minutes ago, The_Last_Frontier said:

trust me I was rocking and rolling and trying everything and nothing would budge it from that shoreline. Rudder just happened to be in that spot for the screen shot but I had it far over to the other side s well. Was undetected for over a minute or two when it first happened so had no shells to worry about and everything I tried would not dislodge me from that shore!

I've had this happen before but not so much when I'm nose into the shore.  What happens I think is the system believes you are stuck on a rock or some other obstacle.  Usually, given enough time and enough experimenting will engine and rudder, you can find a combination that will eventually get you back into the open sea.  They again, there are times when no matter what you do, you've just become a stationary shore battery so you need to make the best of it while you're still above water. 

Members
163 posts
5,405 battles
1 minute ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

I've had this happen before but not so much when I'm nose into the shore.  What happens I think is the system believes you are stuck on a rock or some other obstacle.  Usually, given enough time and enough experimenting will engine and rudder, you can find a combination that will eventually get you back into the open sea.  They again, there are times when no matter what you do, you've just become a stationary shore battery so you need to make the best of it while you're still above water. 

Yeah which is what I did just started shooting back just had time for this quick screen shot as wanted to show the set up but nothing I was doing would dislodge me. UGH! less then 5k from legendary mod and things like this happening to me just does not want me to get it HA HA