You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CTMAADawson

How many port slots to buy?

14 comments in this topic

[AK]
Members
298 posts
9,577 battles

I've nabbed about 3000 doubloons from event crates over the past month. I'm not sure what to do with them since I already have camo on the boats and I want and I don't feel like buying another premium. Now that port slots are only a whopping 75, should I invest in them? I already have a few free slots. But I plan on expanding into a German and American line over the next few months. 3000 will get me 40, which would normally cost 12000db, or about $60usd.

So save for later or abuse those discounts?

[PVE]
Members
980 posts
8,063 battles

I would grab maybe 10 slots or so and keep the rest for later. The German and American ships have a couple of keepers in each line. The only reason I didn't keep North Carolina, Iowa, Omaha, and New Orleans (was Pensacola at the time) was because I had premiums in those spots.

Members
222 posts
27,624 battles

I would not buy slots they will come for free I have over 150 free slots now unless you plan on keeping all your ships but not all are worth keeping. I bought 3 slots years ago and really never needed them.

[INTEL]
Members
2,781 posts
15,169 battles

I stock up when there is a sale so that I can keep about 20 free slots in reserve.  When I progress through the ship lines I don't buy the port along with the ship.

[-SF-]
Members
317 posts
4,626 battles

Never seen them this cheap before, bought 10. Can't ever have too many port slots. Thanks for the heads up OP

[TDG]
Members
1,784 posts
11,507 battles

Note that I keep my ships, so your needs will likely be different.

I know I will be acquiring 12 ships before the end of January, so I bought the slots they will need.  This will leave me with several free, but at this discount, I figured it made sense.

Normally, I keep 10 free when there is a discount.  If there is a discount on when I get a new ship, I buy a Port Slot at the discount.

There was a previous 75% discount last year IIRC.  I took advantage of it then to get to 15 free, I am less sure of the exact timing.

[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles
2 hours ago, CTMAADawson said:

I've nabbed about 3000 doubloons from event crates over the past month. I'm not sure what to do with them since I already have camo on the boats and I want and I don't feel like buying another premium. Now that port slots are only a whopping 75, should I invest in them? I already have a few free slots. But I plan on expanding into a German and American line over the next few months. 3000 will get me 40, which would normally cost 12000db, or about $60usd.

If you know that you want to expand lines, I would pick them up when they are only 75 doubloons each. UK CVs are coming and RU BBs are coming for sure, so there is two new lines. Italy should get cruisers at some point, so lines can start branching off of them. You don't have to spend the whole 3k if you don't want, but look at the trees and see about how many ships you want to grind to and pick up at least that many.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,773 posts
25,238 battles

250 and fill them ASAP to get the maxi collectors club emblem :Smile_trollface:

[WOLF1]
Members
2,853 posts

i used to get them from credit boxes, but now pretty much everyone switched to resources, so no more free slots :(

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,487 posts

I keep every ship I buy.  I never get slots as I go for resources every time.  I had enough to buy 30, bought 30.  Never seen them this cheap.

[BUOY]
Members
792 posts
12,942 battles
4 hours ago, CTMAADawson said:

You're never going to get a better price for port slots than this sale so you should look at the lines you've already ground up and average how many you kept or regretted having to sell as well as the lines you're planning on grinding in the next months if not the whole year and figuring you'll have as many 'keepers' as your previous grinds. Then add a slot or two.

Also, considering they might do more snowflake events, it's probably a safe bet to keep your T9's and 10's even if you hate them for the steel earned.

[WOLFG]
Members
8,548 posts
6,887 battles

I'm not in a hurry moving up, so I bought 2.  Then I got one is a credit container this morning.

First one from a container.  I didn't know what the anchor was.