Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Eugenie_101

Bourgogne - a region in France where Khabas go to die

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

203
[DANKY]
Members
734 posts
2,066 battles

I had a terrible dream the other night.  Someone took an Alsace, with 12 rifles that reload pretty fast even before you add a consumable that makes it the Death Blossom from The Last Starfighter.  Then they gave it more speed and buffed the gun accuracy so it can fire all 12 rounds through a specific porthole at 12 km.  So here I am trying to fight the thing in a large DD that doesn't go dark, has no torp threat and needs to get closer than 13 km to do any damage.  I woke up screaming. 

Kidding, I woke up in port and questioned a couple life decisions.  Honestly, this is fine with me.  Every ship should have a boogeyman.  Before this there wasn't really a single ship that could chase me off a flank, except MAYBE a Zao, or another Khaba with better aim.  It's fair that every rock should have a paper that covers it, or something like that. 

I do wonder whether the bougeyman isn't just a bit OP in general.  The other night my team faced one (I was on the other flank, having learned my lesson) and the only way my teammates survived was to not be near it.  How do people feel about it?

Edited by Eugenie_101
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,984
[SIDE]
Members
3,930 posts

If it’s bad for khab it’s good by me.

 

really cool prelude btw. Enjoyed reading.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
359
[-BRS-]
Members
1,651 posts
19,098 battles
13 minutes ago, Eugenie_101 said:

I had a terrible dream the other night.  Someone took an Alsace, with 12 rifles that reload pretty fast even before you add a consumable that makes it the Death Blossom from The Last Starfighter.  Then they gave it more speed and buffed the gun accuracy so it can fire all 12 rounds through a specific porthole at 12 km.  So here I am trying to fight the thing in a large DD that doesn't go dark, has no torp threat and needs to get closer than 13 km to do any damage.  I woke up screaming. 

Kidding, I woke up in port and questioned a couple life decisions.  Honestly, this is fine with me.  Every ship should have a boogeyman.  Before this there wasn't really a single ship that could chase me off a flank, except MAYBE a Zao, or another Khaba with better aim.  It's fair that every rock should have a paper that covers it, or something like that. 

I do wonder whether the bourgeyman isn't just a bit OP in general.  The other night my team faced one (I was on the other flank, having learned my lesson) and the only way my teammates survived was to not be near it.  How do people feel about it?

LOL this is so true,  I was on a tears just last night in a loosing effort but a Khab turned its side to me and In one salvo he was deleted.

Then on Atlantic another khab was contesting the cap doing its normal khab thing and well he died to.

Its not just the reload its the fact that all a large portion of those shells find the mark more often that not.

I like the Last Starfighter reference seeing as that is where my name originates from :)

But the best moment I had in the Borg was a game in which a Roon got spotted so fast and deleted him so fast.

That both teams thought he got team killed lmbo,

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
507
[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,613 posts
9,807 battles

Bourgogne is a terribly fun ship, if only I'd stop losing in the dang thing. It's essentially a pre-nerf Alcace with reload booster, which as come in handy several times already. Such as the poor Jutland who thought charging me from behind was a good idea, popped reload booster switched to HE and killed him dead. Overall it's a good ship though it does still have it's limitations, such as its low health pool, and the small fact that it eats damage like an addict does drugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
359
[-BRS-]
Members
1,651 posts
19,098 battles
45 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

Bourgogne is a terribly fun ship, if only I'd stop losing in the dang thing. It's essentially a pre-nerf Alcace with reload booster, which as come in handy several times already. Such as the poor Jutland who thought charging me from behind was a good idea, popped reload booster switched to HE and killed him dead. Overall it's a good ship though it does still have it's limitations, such as its low health pool, and the small fact that it eats damage like an addict does drugs.

I dont know about you Kevik but a vast majority of my matches maybe half have been over in like 6 minutes.

like not over in the sense of who is gonna win or loose but over like your back at port hitting the battle button again.

These games are just frustrating to play and having so many of them win or loose is annoying as can be.

At one point I was averaging 125k respectably,  but after 50 or so games of lopsided losses or wins that has dropped so low smh.

Still winning around 58% to 60% of my games but in the wins It still takes 200k, 5 kill games almost every match to do it and then quite often that is not enough.

 

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
507
[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,613 posts
9,807 battles
2 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

I dont know about you Kevik but a vast majority of my matches maybe half have been over in like 6 minutes.

like not over in the sense of who is gonna win or loose but over like your back at port hitting the battle button again.

These games are just frustrating to play and having so many of them win or loose is annoying as can be.

At one point I was averaging 125k respectably,  but after 50 or so games of lopsided losses or wins that has dropped so low smh.

Still winning around 58% to 60% of my games but in the wins It still takes 200k, 5 kill games almost every match to do it and then quite often that is not enough.

 

Well that's just standard for WoWs, especially during the holiday season. It gets even worse if you're trying to play during Clan Wars time, since all the good players are playing CW or burnt out and not playing at all. I've seen so many loop sided victories for either side that it is incredibly frustrating. Either you win so fast and didn't do anything in the way of damage or your team lost so fast you didn't get to do anything.  It is especially annoying when 3-4 of your teams ships are dead by the 5 minute mark without anything to show for it. It is what it is, it's not the Bourgogne's fault but generally  the poor performance of most of the game's player base. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
203
[DANKY]
Members
734 posts
2,066 battles
10 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

I dont know about you Kevik but a vast majority of my matches maybe half have been over in like 6 minutes.

like not over in the sense of who is gonna win or loose but over like your back at port hitting the battle button again.

These games are just frustrating to play and having so many of them win or loose is annoying as can be.

At one point I was averaging 125k respectably,  but after 50 or so games of lopsided losses or wins that has dropped so low smh.

Still winning around 58% to 60% of my games but in the wins It still takes 200k, 5 kill games almost every match to do it and then quite often that is not enough.

 

It's funny, now that you mention it the game last night where that bourg wrecked house (islands of ice, epicenter) we still won, because our Grozovoi held on to the center like a pit bull.  I wonder if people who have the Bourgogne are generally good enough that MM tends to pair them with weaker teams, to keep the teamaverage close to 50%.  Yes I'm a believer in the idea that MM at least tries to give the teams comparable win rates, though it'll settle for ~ok rather than delay the match. 

Edited by Eugenie_101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
359
[-BRS-]
Members
1,651 posts
19,098 battles
10 minutes ago, Eugenie_101 said:

It's funny, now that you mention it the game last night where that bourg wrecked house (islands of ice, epicenter) we still won, because our Grozovoi held on to the center like a pit bull.  I wonder if people who have the Bourgogne are generally good enough that MM tends to pair them with weaker teams, to keep the teamaverage close to 50%.  Yes I'm a believer in the idea that MM at least tries to give the teams comparable win rates, though it'll settle for ~ok rather than delay the match. 

Well like i told Kevik above.... For me to Win the majority of my matches it takes 200k plus and 4-5 kills and 2 mill to 3 mil potential damage on average to pull out a win. 

The games in which i need not do that to win are far and few between so even in a ship as good as the Borg.

You almost have to hope the team does not fold in the first 5-6 minutes and if you get that then you have to almost always will your team to victory in it.

Especially if you Soloing it with no other players of respectable skill to play along side.

Its so frustrating to see half your team die at a cap.... Then see that all the enemy ships made it through all of them with full HP or slightly less and now you have to deal with that.

 

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
507
[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,613 posts
9,807 battles
2 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Well like i told Kevik above.... For me to Win the majority of my matches it takes 200k plus and 4-5 kills and 2 mill to 3 mil potential damage on average to pull out a win. 

The games in which i need not do that to win are far and few between so even in a ship as good as the Borg.

You almost have to hope the team does not fold in the first 5-6 minutes and if you get that then you have to almost always will your team to victory in it.

Especially if you Soloing it with no other players of respectable skill to play along side.

 

It only takes a few solo games to remember why I hate solo'ing, though sometimes a 3 man div isn't enough to stop at team hell-bent on throwing the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×