You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

Server just crashed.

11 comments in this topic

[WAG]
Members
1,860 posts
11,039 battles

Yup... login failed.. give it 30 min... :) 

It'd be great to have a webpage that gets updated with server notes.... we could load that page and see a new line that indicates the status of the server.

[YORHA]
Members
4,457 posts
8,472 battles
Just now, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Yup... login failed.. give it 30 min... :) 

It'd be great to have a webpage that gets updated with server notes.... we could load that page and see a new line that indicates the status of the server.

Apparently that is our job.

[WAG]
Members
1,860 posts
11,039 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

This becoming a daily thing now?

Sure... I expect it to crash... it's a test.. I expect it to be buggy... that's what a test is all about...

what would be good is to just feed us snippets of status messages so we know what is going on...

I also expect them to do random reboots to insert new code or changes, and it would be nice for them to give a 5 min warning... which said update page could warn of and while it won;t stop battles from being interrupted  it would give a heads up to those that are looking.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,792 battles

I demand free Alaska’s for everyone as compensation.  :cap_haloween:

Edited by Lonewolfpj
  • Funny 2

[WAG]
Members
1,860 posts
11,039 battles

...and to whit...

right now.. we know the server is down, and they know the server is down.. it isn't as if they are hiding this by not releasing update notes. WHat would be good, right now... this minute, would be a note that says "yup, down.. will restart at ??:00 GMT if all goes well"

and then maybe a follow up of "ooops we need more time"  or  "yeah.. we can restart early"

[-TFC-]
Beta Testers
70 posts
5,972 battles

yup, just booted me out of server about 5 minutes ago, going to get something to eat, will try back later.

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
19,953 battles

Wrong! They took it offline because it was overloading with 3 CV vs 3 CV random battles. They are tuning it to replace human BB, CA, DDs with bots to reduce the load!

[WAG]
Members
1,860 posts
11,039 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Wrong! They took it offline because it was overloading with 3 CV vs 3 CV random battles. They are tuning it to replace human BB, CA, DDs with bots to reduce the load!

See.. .that didn't take to much.. :D